Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I think what everyone else has said here is true. He made a name for himself, and his importance to media is derived from, his willingness to push the envelope of what was acceptable in the 1980s and 1990s. He is the most fined person in the history of the American FCC.

These days, he's not that funny. He never really has been that funny to be honest. Howard Stern was at his funniest, in my opinion, when Artie Lange was his foil. Which incidentally was well after he stopped pushing the envelope on the radio (with some exceptions).

I still listen to his show everyday for a myriad of reasons. First, if I'm listening to the radio, I like hearing people talk. If I want to listen to music, given the fact this is 2014, I just listen to my own music in the car. And Howard Stern's radio channels on Sirius always provide people talking, no matter what part of the day it is.

Content wise though, Howard Stern has evolved into a great loving interviewer over the years. I love his interviews. He's willing to ask questions, and get answers, that nobody else is--and not just about sex. I've also grown up listening to the show, so all of the in-office shenanigans/ball busting/ragging is a lot like reality television. The people who work on the Stern show have all become characters whose inane bullshit stories I like to follow.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread