Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Must suck for Cadel coming third in the stage and losing that much time and the pink... Pretty decent performance from him and he gets spanked like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Yeah, Im not entirely sure what to make of that. On the face of it it looks like cuddles is in ok form, but you know, old, and not going to keep up when things hit the mountains (which has always kind of been my default position), which would have seemed to fit if he had of finished IDK 15th or something. But he still had a pretty good ITT coming 3rd and extending his lead over everyone that matters EXCEPT Uran.

So maybe it was more a case of Uran riding out of his skin(suit) and just plain putting in a balltearer of a TT?

I still say Cadel is hosed though. I expected him to pad his lead a bit today, maybe have 1:30 on Uran and 2:00ish on Quintana, and then slowly lose it when the big climbs start but hopefully hold on. I cant see him getting time back from Uran barring problems.

Edit: Oh, and gently caress Farrah. Hes a mug.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

Dr.Bikini BSc. CEO posted:

So maybe it was more a case of Uran riding out of his skin(suit) and just plain putting in a balltearer of a TT?

That's what I think. 2nd on down was pretty close but Uran Uran was in another league today. He usually has one bad day though, I definitely don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Cuddles to come back. We also haven't seen yet the quality of team that OPQS has brought to control the race.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Quintana is on antibiotics and things look pretty grim. I think Uran^2 timed his peak perfectly for the last week. Cuddles is going to have to do something extraordinary to pull this off, with a double ascent of zoncolan I can't see it happening.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
If they can form some kind of alliance against Uran and if they are willing to risk their current ranking for a chance to win, then this giro is still quite open. That's a pretty big If considering how defensively everyone ride those days.
Hopefully they will try something as soon as this week end, even if they just gain a few sec over Uran, it will be good for moral in the third week.

Giro D´Italia 2014 | Stage 12 | Time Trial | Barbaresco-Barolo

Giro d'Italia 2014 -- crash Tobias Ludvigsson

In more important cycling news : Sagan : I'm sexy and I know it.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This Canola group is slipping away.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I love a good peloton gently caress up. Very nice sprint by Canola, too. To be honest I'm enjoying this Giro a lot.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
FDJ did most of the work to chase the break but then had nothing left in the last 15km.
Powerful sprint by Canola.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Unsurprisingly, Canola excels in slippery conditions.

That was a looong sprint.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Has the youtube account that was posting the daily recaps of the final kilometers been banned? I cant find it anymore.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Yes, cyclinghub has been deleted for copyright and cyclinghubHD has to delete all the giro related videos. The guy behind those channels explained what happen on reddit.
The owner of the Giro aren't kidding with this, Cosmo Catalano, author of "How the race was won" has his giro videos blocked,

The few things allowed on youtube are the giro official channel with short highlight of each stage, they are a bit slow to upload them though. Stage 13 Highlight and the Orica Greenedge channel.

Vimeo and dailymotion may have more or else cyclingtorrents.nl

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Cosmo being among the ones blocked is hilarious.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
I think it's a first for him , Catalano's videos have less than a minute of footage per stage, one guy joked that's how he will have to do it from now : How the race was drawn.

Today could be interesting for GC, first climb in a few kms.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Looking forward to Lego enactments of each stage.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Roland going for the 'You Tried' jersey again.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
what the hell happened with that marshall?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
FInally! An attack by Quin......ziato poo poo.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
bye bye cadel.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Did I just see a giant dick painted on the road?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hmm. Maybe I spoke to soon, Uran looked weak today. Very surprised by that.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Uran and Evans limited their loss, they come back strong at the end but show it's far from over, it's promising for tomorrow and the the next stages.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Felt bad for Cataldo after coming back on that sprint.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Great finish, really wanted Polanc to win. Where did the winner come from, they never showed a chasing group its like he came out of nowhere

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Mr.Nice posted:

bye bye cadel.

Why u say dis?

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Left Side <--- Many Whelps

MacDougall posted:

Why u say dis?

Eurosport guy said he dropped off the Uran group at one point, but he managed to rejoin. #cuddles

I love watching Quintana. Just so loving effortless. Like he's made of helium.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
What happened with that marshal? Did he dieded? That reminds me too, anyone know what happened to the old chick Vansummeren cleaned up in Flanders? My google-fu is weak.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
The marshal is in induced coma according to Gazzetta dello sport.

Gazzetta posted:

Č stato sottoposto a TAC all’encefalo che ha dimostrato la presenza di piccole lesioni emorragiche diffuse del tessuto nervoso, in assenza di fratture craniche. Il paziente č in coma farmacologico e la prognosi č riservata".

Google translate posted:

He was subjected to TAC encephalon which has demonstrated the presence of small hemorrhagic lesions spread of the nervous tissue, in the absence of skull fractures. The patient is sedated and the prognosis is guarded.

The woman is ok, she got out of the hospital a few weeks ago.

MacDougall posted:

Why u say dis?

He was looking in pain yesterday and was dropped from pink jersey group at some point but he came back very strong in the end and was in front of Uran.

Mr.Nice fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 25, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
What happened with that woman that got cleaned up while standing on a traffic island a while ago?

e: I mean that one that Dr.Bikini BSc. CEO asked about.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
She went out of coma the 6th may, she has trouble speaking but could move ok, she was allowed home a few days later, no news since then.

Today last (and only) climb :

Inner Ring favourites :

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Stop with this defensive horseshit :qq: God bless Rolland, though. Can't wait for him to not win the stage.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Plenty of attacks now, Quintana is strong.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Looks like I turned this on at the right time.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
It was boring until 5km to go but after that it was intense, well done Aru, he was the strongest today. Third week will be fun to watch.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Will you guys please tell me when to give a gently caress about this Giro? I've not watched a single stage and I feel like I've not missed a thing.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Pocket posted:

Will you guys please tell me when to give a gently caress about this Giro? I've not watched a single stage and I feel like I've not missed a thing.

Double zoncolon will be cray cray.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Double zoncolon will be cray cray.

That sounds dirty.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Tuesday is going to be good. Didn't the Gavia/Stelvio stage get cancelled last year?

I don't think Uran Uran can make it in pink. There are too many people sniffing at the top five places and the attacks will be coming from all sides.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paddyb posted:

Tuesday is going to be good. Didn't the Gavia/Stelvio stage get cancelled last year?

I don't think Uran Uran can make it in pink. There are too many people sniffing at the top five places and the attacks will be coming from all sides.

Yeah there isnt just one clear challenger, theres 4-5 (6 if Rolland can nick a couple minutes one day) and he has to chase down every one of them. I dont think OPQ are a strong enough team to do that.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

vaginal culture posted:

He's got that HGH face

It's just the face of someone named Rigoberto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pocket posted:

Next year maybe. You haven't really missed much. Hopefully Stelvio is sick.

• Locked thread