Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Evolution-Shield was incredible and will be in the running for MOTY come December. WeeLC and Kane-Bryan were both wacky but good in their own ways. The triple threat was a perfectly fine undercard match. The Divas match was every Divas match. The IC title match was nothing memorable but nothing offensive either.

The only real negative was the cage match which sucked but at least had an entertaining ending.

It's not a card of the year contender but I had fun throughout. I've seen many, many far worse cards in recent years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I missed Extreme Rules and I'm going to catch it tomorrow, was it any good? Skimming through the MotY thread I saw that Bray/Cena is getting WMotY votes, what made it so bad (don't really care about being spoiled)?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I missed Extreme Rules and I'm going to catch it tomorrow, was it any good? Skimming through the MotY thread I saw that Bray/Cena is getting WMotY votes, what made it so bad (don't really care about being spoiled)?

Cena was Goku, the Wyatts were the Ginyu Force, and a little boy was the body change beam.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shine posted:

Cena was Goku, the Wyatts were the Ginyu Force, and a little boy was the body change beam.

You are a treasure.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Ugh watching the Extreme Rules Fallout show and Big E is such a geek. Ugh.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Daniel Bryan posted:

Ugh watching the Extreme Rules Fallout show and Big E is such a geek. Ugh.

wrong

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Every conference was great. I loved that when Bryan was asked if this was the most brutal match of his career he just politely skipped the question. Not even close fella.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Spikeguy posted:

Every conference was great. I loved that when Bryan was asked if this was the most brutal match of his career he just politely skipped the question. Not even close fella.

Yeah. I think everyone else did well. But Big E just lost his title and he does comedy?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I mean really WWE has been boring as poo poo for years, if it takes some D-grade horror goofiness to make the product fun again, I'm willing to accept that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yeah. I think everyone else did well. But Big E just lost his title and he does comedy?

I don't know, it was comedic but it was mocking the reporter's stupidity in asking someone how they felt after losing a title match, which is in line with the guy being kayfaybe pissed off and frustrated after the loss. The way he ended it with basically "there are we done" after one question and storming out drove that home. I hope this lets him be a little more heelish/dickish and also show some personality going forward because he can be a lot more entertaining than he's been.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

CombineThresher posted:

I mean really WWE has been boring as poo poo for years, if it takes some D-grade horror goofiness to make the product fun again, I'm willing to accept that.

I think there will always be two kinds of wrestling fans: those who loved it when Kane pushed Zack Ryder's wheelchair off of the stage and those who hated it

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Fat Lowtax posted:

I think there will always be two kinds of wrestling fans: those who loved it when Kane pushed Zack Ryder's wheelchair off of the stage and those who hated it

Pretty much, yeah. It's just weird that like half of PSP turned into Jim Cornette last night.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I loved Zack Ryder being pushed off a stage but hated the wyatt thing. Because one was funny and the other was bad. (also one was happening to a comedy jobber and the other the supposed top heel, which is part of why one was funny and the other dumb)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The last time a WWE PPV was held at the Izod Center was No Way Out 2012, a match which featured Kane and Bryan competing for the WWE Title.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

The last time a WWE PPV was held at the Izod Center was No Way Out 2012, a match which featured Kane and Bryan competing for the WWE Title.

Why do I not remember this at all?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

What was with the whole "Crowd is cheering for Bray, so they must be possesed!" poo poo by the way? Why the hell did they do that?
Reality Era, baby :cool:

I actually like it, it's the second time they've steered into the skid of the crowds refusing to play along with what they had planned -- Bryan was the first -- and I think it's working.

Of course, I think it's a feature, not a bug, that there's no way the feud ends with the crowd cheering Cena again. Cena's going to lose this feud; that is awesome.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was a triple threat between Kane, Bryan and Punk.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was a very forgettable PPV. The triple threat was OK but didn't have any memorable spots or anything, the main event was Cena/Big Show in a cage match, and the only other match I remember was ADR getting a concussion the week before so Dolph Zigger was quickly slotted into a match with Sheamus.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spikeguy posted:

the cage match wasn't boring (maybe dumb depending on your point of view)

Nah mang. I liked the PPV a lot, but Cena/Wyatt was an abomination that I couldn't bring myself to give the slightest poo poo about.

Like, I may not like Cena's superman gimmick, but he'll usually put on a great match. Bray isn't the best but he puts out solid effort. There's no reason for that cage match to be pointless garbage, yet here we are.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I liked the Rowan squishing Cena against the cell wall from outside and the Rowan climbing Cena back into the cage spit.

Everything Bray or Cena did was garbage.

Rowan now. Rowan forever.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Was there a WeeLC press conference? I went to bed after the Shield had one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It was a very forgettable PPV. The triple threat was OK but didn't have any memorable spots or anything, the main event was Cena/Big Show in a cage match, and the only other match I remember was ADR getting a concussion the week before so Dolph Zigger was quickly slotted into a match with Sheamus.

I love the part where everyone was chanting for Zigger and King more of less said "look at the WWE universes chanting for Sheamus!".

• Locked thread