Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
:siren: THE PRESHOW STARTS AT 7:30 EST AND IS EXCLUSIVELY ON THE WWE NETWORK :siren:

SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS SHOW?

I think so! But others may disagree and think it’s a step down from WrestleMania. It is, but after that show, pretty much anything would be. On the Daniel Bryan Danielson Bryan scale, this event gets a lot of people chanting YES! but some people aren’t as enthusiastic.

Welcome to Extreme Rules, the one night where WWE goes extreme*! The fifth iteration of Extreme Rules is taking place in the IZOD Center, birthplace of Fandangoing and chanting random people’s names when things get boring. There are currently seven matches scheduled for the main card, with one BIG match scheduled for the preshow.

*doesn’t count TLC

:siren: THIS MATCH STARTS AT 7:30 EST. IT IS ONLY ON THE WWE NETWORK AND NOT ON YOUTUBE, YAHOO, ETC :siren:

Since turning heel earlier this month, Hornswoggle has found renewed life in 3.5MB and a massive rival in anthropomorphic bull El Torito. El Torito came up huge in the first match they had together, and Hornswoggle scaled the mountain to defeat Torito in their second match. Now they’ll have a rubber match to determine who the bigger man is in the first ever WeeLC match, a miniaturized version of at TLC match. Who will come out on top in the battle between these two titans?

The only question in this match will be will Rusev Camel Clutch one or both of these men? RIP Team Pacman, we hardly knew ye.

After defeating 13 other women at WrestleMania, AJ Lee got cocky when she put up her longest-reigning Diva’s Championship reign the next night on Raw against the debuting Paige. Even though Paige was intimidated and scared of the bright lights, she hit AJ with a Paige turner and picked up the win for a championship on her very first night. AJ went away to the CM Punk-Approved Sabbatical Zone and let her bodyguard Tamina pick up the slack in her stead. So this PPV match is sadly not Paige vs. AJ but instead Paige vs. a lady who can’t do a splash correctly.

At WrestleMania, the Real Americans exploded! After losing the preshow Tag Team Championship match, Swagger and Cesaro fought, with Swagger getting swung for good measure. Only about an hour later, Cesaro cemented his status by winning the very first Andre the Giant Battle Royale, bodyslamming the Big Show over the top rope in a WrestleMania 3 homage. The next night, Cesaro told Zeb Colter that he wasn’t a Colter guy, but instead the newest Paul Heyman guy. Cesaro and Swagger continued to have their issues, and RVD got involved when he beat Cesaro in the Intercontinental Championship Tournament and told Cesaro that he's worse off by having Heyman as a manager since he won't be paid on time. This is an elimination match, meaning that Jack Swagger will lose first and it will be funny.

I’ve got some bad news for you. Wade Barrett is going to win the Intercontinental Championship and accordingly booked like poo poo. Congrats, Bad News!

He’s got the whole world in his hands… he’s got the whole wide world in his hands… and how he’s got the little bitty babies in his hands. Since losing to John Cena at WrestleMania, Bray Wyatt has now taken over the WWE Universe and he kidnapped an entire children’s choir so that they could sing to John Cena. Cena has responded in kind by photoshopping members of the Wyatt Family’s heads onto babies and old ladies and also moping about how the WWE Universe has turned on him. This match will take place inside a steel cage, and unfortunately it will not be surrounded by small children in sheep masks. Can you imagine how great it would be if that actually happened, though?

Two years ago, Daniel Bryan ran afoul of Kane while feuding with CM Punk. They had a one-on-one match at SummerSlam, and the month after, went into anger management and formed a friendship-based tag team that had one of the longest WWE Tag Team Championships in history. Eventually, they parted ways amicably, as Bryan went onto bigger and better things and the WWE Championship and Kane took off his mask in favor of a suit as social media went wild for the #BringBackKanesMask campaign. Those people got their wish this month, as Kane put back on the mask and “reawakened the monster” (like a dick) and attacked his former best friend after he finally conquered the Authority and beat all three members of Evolution en route to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. A newly remasked Kane Tombstone Piledrove Bryan three times, on the floor, on the steel steps, and on a table, putting Bryan on a stretcher and in a neck brace. He also tried to drag both Bryan and his wife Brie Bella to Hell, through the ring, and while he was unsuccessful, the message was clear: Kane’s an rear end in a top hat again. In this battle of Team Hell No, who will come out on top?

Hell yeah, here’s the good poo poo right here. In their first year and a half in WWE, The Shield has consistently been the best part of the show, having great six-man tags all the time and being great characters. Over the last few months, they’ve had their troubles within themselves, infighting and looking like there was a split in the near future, but they got past that because they’re awesome. They’ve recently had their issues with the Authority after being their loyal bodyguards for several months. They destroyed Kane and the New Age Outlaws in roughly three minutes at WrestleMania, and eventually moved onto way bigger fish as the great faction Evolution reformed to first take out Daniel Bryan, a task in which they failed. Now they’ve come to take out the Shield so they can get back to burying Daniel Bryan six feet deep. This match will be good as hell, and it’s anyone’s guess as to who will win the match. But it’ll be a good one, that’s for sure.

----
Be sure to make your picks in the WH2KPSP Prediction Game! You’ll lose. You can also make your picks on Fourdown as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Extreme Rules 2012 was really bad.

You're delusional.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Valeyard posted:

gently caress i just remembered i still havent watched last weeks got, ive just gave up on it for some reason and dont care

cool

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm more excited for the WeeLC match than I was for Bryan to win the titles at Mania.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

OH MY GOD

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

This ring announcer is better than Justin Roberts.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

This is my poo poo right here.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

They're better announcers.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS MATCH.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

GOD BLESS THIS

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR CONQUERED THE UNDERTAKER'S UNDEFEATED STREAK AT WRESTLEMANIA

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

MJBuddy posted:

This match needs to be great. There's not an excuse for it not to be.

Rob Van Dam

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

3 Amigos!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

lmfao did they just change to elimination on the fly?

No, it was always announced as elimination, commentary is just garbage

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

Really wish the WWE Network had the option to turn off commentary

Mine has an option for Spanish commentary!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Daniel looks like he trimmed his beard for his wedding.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

This is my favorite PPV ever.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

pressedbunny posted:

Apparently all the consoles have a 30-second-ish delay. Other devices have a smaller delay. PC/Mac is the only thing which doesn't have any delay at all, it seems.

My PS4 is ahead of my computer and other peoples' streams so I dunno

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Thauros posted:

Didn't Woods have a Apollo Creed gimmick in TNA or something? Probably a good thing he's not revisiting that.

He's tried, goddammit.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I wish I had traps like that.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Is he cutting a promo on MERS-CoV?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Barrett starting his own chants is dumb.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Abel Wingnut posted:

Random question: why isn't Adam Rose a thing yet?

He debuts tomorrow!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Such a good move.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Lame finish.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

The Shield is so cool still.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

#BringBackShieldsMasks

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

i'm still waiting for the day rollins slips up on that combat roll and drops on his rear end

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Didn't that move kill Lita that time?

Nah, it was a suicide dive.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

With Ric Flair's handshake, Dean Ambrose was infused with the powers of the Nature Boy.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Dean Ambrose, now this guy, this guy's pretty good.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Roman Reigns is handsome and cool.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

OH GOD

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Everything is good and everything rules.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

THE SHIELD

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

At least they're filming this brawl instead of the Shield vs. Wyatts brawl where Ambrose died and disappeared.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Dean Ambrose cartoonishly falling down stairs.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Seth, jump off a tall thing!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

BELIEVE

IN

THE

SHIELD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD

• Locked thread