Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 9, 2007

Remind me to work out until I also am buff and have to keep a pillow in front of my okay I'll be honest this is like the 50th custom title I've done tonight and I'm just phoning it in now.

I've tried to get through the 2nd season twice and I just can't loving do it. I just don't loving care about these stupid mountain town hicks and their dumbass problems. Cooper is the only guy in the show who has a goddamn clue, which makes sense since hes not some mountain town hick dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fandyien
Feb 10, 2012

i tried really hard to like it but stopped three episodes from the end because i also didnt care

McDowell
Aug 1, 2008

Surely, Caligula was my greatest role

Finish the show and watch the movie. The series is about how the idealism of modernity is (and always was) corrupted by darkness and all the bad things people do to one another.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 9, 2007

Remind me to work out until I also am buff and have to keep a pillow in front of my okay I'll be honest this is like the 50th custom title I've done tonight and I'm just phoning it in now.

like the whole black lodge and killer bob thing was pretty neat but that was like 10 minutes of the whole series because GOTTA TALK ABOUT THE INTRICACIES OF THE MILL

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

isnt twin peaks that show done by david lynch?

okay let me guess it's full of a bunch of weird poo poo that doesnt make sense unless you watch it 20 times and even then it was just something from an acid trip and in the end doesnt mean anything substantial

THS
Jun 23, 2002

david lynch owns but i've never seen any of his movies except for dune and i've never watched twin peaks, hope this helps

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012
Who do I have to piss off to get a red title?

Don't worry, OP. Twin Peaks is one of those shows nerds flock to just because it's not another sit-com or cop show, so they assume there must be something intelligent in it when it's really just Lynch filming whatever crazy image pops in his head

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

"When I see someone tilting my tables, I shoot the Bastard. That's my policy!"

Didn't Lynch wash his hands of it after the first season because of network pressure to make it more "mainstream"? Would explain why the second season really drops off quality wise. Also might be an issue with you getting tired of the different character's "shticks". I found a lot of the things that were fun and interesting about the characters in the first season started to get tired and annoying by the second.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

Yaldabaoth posted:

Don't worry, OP. Twin Peaks is one of those shows nerds flock to just because it's not another sit-com or cop show, so they assume there must be something intelligent in it when it's really just Lynch filming whatever crazy image pops in his head

lol i was right

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

Lynch filming whatever crazy image pops in his head

this I would watch

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

are you loving serious with this poo poo thread dude?

take it to TVIV

Kleen_TheRowdyDog
Feb 17, 2014

I couldn't finish it because those two young chicks were too hot and it made me too depressed because I knew I would never get a gf that hot.

Fandyien
Feb 10, 2012

Blistex posted:

Didn't Lynch wash his hands of it after the first season because of network pressure to make it more "mainstream"? Would explain why the second season really drops off quality wise. Also might be an issue with you getting tired of the different character's "shticks". I found a lot of the things that were fun and interesting about the characters in the first season started to get tired and annoying by the second.

i dunno but the first season was way better. the second was just too ridiculous, if you wait a day in between watching episodes you forget half the ridiculous stuff, like who all sixteen characters are sleeping with and where

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Watch until they reveal who the killer is and then pretend the other episodes don't exist and you will think its the greatest poo poo in the world.

Chump Farts
May 8, 2009

it is good

THS
Jun 23, 2002

a creepy colon posted:

are you loving serious with this poo poo thread dude?

take it to TVIV

no one should have to post in tviv

The White Dragon
Nov 14, 2007

a dragon that is
uh

McDowell posted:

Finish the show and watch the movie. The series is about how the idealism of modernity is (and always was) corrupted by darkness and all the bad things people do to one another.
Well this explains why this dumb rear end I know keeps arguing that penicillin and electricity are both equally the great satan. He loves this garbage show.

and then texts everyone about how great <hot new show on HBO that he torrented> is

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

THS posted:

no one should have to post in tviv

tviv should probably be shut down in a show of solidarity to all the children that have been raped by Star Trek thread posters

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

I couldn't finish it because those two young chicks were too hot and it made me too depressed because I knew I would never get a gf that hot.

Why don't you think you can get a cute gf?

Chump Farts
May 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

Well this explains why this dumb rear end I know keeps arguing that penicillin and electricity are both equally the great satan. He loves this garbage show.

and then texts everyone about how great <hot new show on HBO that he torrented> is

have you watched it, try watching it, friend

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Watch until they reveal who the killer is and then pretend the other episodes don't exist and you will think its the greatest poo poo in the world.

You're Annie

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 9, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh I did, and it was cool.

butplug accident
Jul 9, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

The White Dragon
Nov 14, 2007

a dragon that is
uh

Chump Farts posted:

have you watched it, try watching it, friend

i did, it's garbage and when david lynch made a personal appearance in the first episode doing that stupid loving dance never before have i wanted to defenestrate a man more than him in that moment

McDowell
Aug 1, 2008

Surely, Caligula was my greatest role

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh I did, and it was cool.

Once they reveal the killer you can skip to the last episode and the movie without missing out on much of anything.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

it's creative at times, i like the music.

but i kind of got sick of the unrelenting misery.

Kleen_TheRowdyDog
Feb 17, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

McDowell posted:

Once they reveal the killer you can skip to the last episode and the movie without missing out on much of anything.

Windam Earle is worse than hitler

Feminition
Mar 14, 2008

To me,
my X-Men.

can someone post more of that weird videogame twin peaks

troubled teen
Aug 24, 2004

"troubled teen has done more in his life than I will ever dream."

I watched until they revealed the killer and then was confused when it kept going.

Then I watched the rest. Should I just do the movie to make up for those last way too many episodes?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

^^^
The movie isn't actually good and is also even more confusing than the show so probably not.

Feminition posted:

can someone post more of that weird videogame twin peaks

watch the archived 100% LP. it's good even if you hate lps

The Tao Jones
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

"Twin Peaks" was a lighthearted Oscar Wilde romp next to "On the Air". If you haven't seen it, you just can't even imagine.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

We've run outta retro!

what more is there to get?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

I watched a few episodes then stopped. That's my twin peaks story.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Sherilyn Fenn is so loving hot. Watch the show for that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 9, 2007

Isnt she fat now?

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

The reason I kept watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

the first season is really good, it starts getting bad in the second season, and after they reveal the killer it's just garabage.

«6 »