Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dynamic Cloth Technology
This poll is closed.
Dynamic 18 18.56%
Cloth 58 59.79%
Technology 21 21.65%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkPcoi6VMw

RELEASE DATE: Sept. 2nd, 2014

Next Gen Info:

12 Player NHL Collision Physics
For the first time in any sports game, real-world physics affects every player through every on-ice collision with the new 12 Player NHL ® Collision Physics. Utilizing the power of the next generation consoles, and building off the critically-acclaimed NHL Collision Physics system, every player on the ice is governed by physics at all times. Feel the hard-hitting chaos of NHL hockey through true-to-life secondary collisions, net scrambles and player pileups, capturing the desperation of every shift.

Translation:
At least the hits will look funny when you're losing to the same glitch goal over and over again.

Real Puck Physics
The puck is one of the most complex items in the game to authentically replicate and it finally gets its due in NHL 15. Completely rebuilt puck physics result in a more realistic feel to every puck interaction. Everything on the ice, including the ice surface itself, is live which leads to the unpredictable and authentic puck spins, rolls and bounces seen in a real NHL game.

Translation:
Even more completely random bullshit that will go in favor of one team and not the other even though you're out hitting, shooting, possessing and passing them.

Authentic Player & Equipment Models
The Next Generation Hockey Player has been rebuilt from the ice up. Now player models have three distinct layers - the body, equipment, and jersey. Each layer interacts independently, making every contact with the puck or other players even more realistic. Dynamic Cloth technology adds an extra layer of realism as it reacts to the player’s movement as they explode up the ice, helping bring the speed of the game to life.

Translation:
Your edgy blonde/black EASHL character will look even more blond and more black. Also Dynamic Cloth Technology

Unprecedented Player Likeness
Powered by the same technology that brought the most realistic representation of the athlete to EA SPORTS UFC, NHL 15 delivers groundbreaking player likeness, emotion and animation. From the strides a player takes to get up the ice to the emotion on their face after scoring a game winning goal, the players are as real as they’ve ever been.

Translation:
At least 5 guys might vaguely look like their real life counterpart if you squint the right way.

Superstar Skill Stick
Now all the tools* of an NHL superstar are in your hands. The revolutionary Skill Stick has evolved to give even more control to the player. Protect the puck, receive passes without breaking stride, and discover an arsenal of sweet new dekes, all with an intuitive right stick control scheme that is easy to use but packed with depth.

Translation:
DANGLE DANGLE DANGLE DANGLE TOP SHELF CELLY

*defense not included

Authentic Arenas
There is no feeling like being there, and we are giving you the best seats in the house. The power of the next-gen consoles finally allows the NHL franchise to capture every detail of an NHL arena. Unique arena elements from 19,000+ seat capacities to lighting and player entrance tunnels are captured with a level of detail not possible on the previous generation. Now those home games will truly feel like home.

Translation:
4 arenas included at launch, 30+ arenas available as paid DLC

New Commentary Team
New voices for a new generation. NHL 15 welcomes the NBC Sports commentary team of Mike 'Doc' Emrick and Eddie Olczyk to the broadcast booth. TSN analyst Ray Ferraro will provide game insights at ice level. Combined with Real Life Broadcast Integration that will feature real-world pre-game video commentary with Doc and Eddie set against in-game visuals, NHL 15 takes a revolutionary step forward in sports videogames; where the lines between the real world of sport broadcast and the game are blurred.

Translation:
DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE *mute*

NBC Sports Game Day Presentation
The most realistic broadcast package in a video game to-date is possible because of a new partnership with NBC Sports. Set the scene with the NHL on NBC crew welcoming you to the city during the game intros and immerse yourself in an experience that matches what you see on television with NHL on NBC graphics and branding.

Translation:
Check these ads out yo.

Living Crowds
NHL 15 sets a new standard in videogames with over 9,000 individual crowd models with 4x the animations of previous generations. Take a look through the glass and you’ll see fans hold up signs with your name on them, costume wearing superfans, or even sections full of team rivals rooting against you. Feel their behavior change after dropping the gloves, landing a big hit, or scoring a clutch goal. The crowd is alive.

Translation:
Boston fans actually throw nooses on the ice after PK Subban goals.

Vision AI
An elevated level of player intelligence, Vision AI features evolved awareness with players reading and reacting to potential plays. Scoring area recognition, pass anticipation, and enhanced team breakouts all improve the flow of the game.

Translation:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaa

Xbox 360/PS3 Info:
It's the same bullshit as NHL 14 with halfass updated rosters.

sba fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
placeholder

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
I, for one, cannot wait to see the Dynamic Cloth technology in action!

e: Please let this be the cover.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Getting Ray Ferraro instead of Pierre may be the smartest decision EA has ever made.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

aunt jemima posted:

Getting Ray Ferraro instead of Pierre may be the smartest decision EA has ever made.

But what if they put Pierre in as a physics object and you could shoot pucks at his head?

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

xzzy posted:

But what if they put Pierre in as a physics object and you could shoot pucks at his head?

DLC minigame detected

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

aunt jemima posted:

If you could pick your home city and junior/NCAA team and Pierre rattled off a bunch of bullshit about each whenever you touched the puck, it would be pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDMG7xKuS4

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Boo Doc, we want Hughson. Or Cuthbert. Or Miller.

:canada:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
All I read was that team kills are now a thing and I can't loving wait to board the poo poo out of my own teammates...

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

What will the old gen features be?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Doctor Butts posted:

What will the old gen features be?

NHL 14 with updated rosters*

*rosters not actually updated

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GLOSS posted:

All I read was that team kills are now a thing and I can't loving wait to board the poo poo out of my own teammates...

No penalties for putting guys in the hospital?

Sign me the hell up.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

GLOSS posted:

If a TED vs RGR rematch ever happens, we will crash the game.*

*In a different way than the usual hard locks or whatever else we've done to crash it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Can't wait for the ps4 version, gently caress the haters :getin:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GLOSS posted:

holy poo poo

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I already know this game is going to suck, because here's what the lead dev thinks is important:

"Ramjagsingh says. "The authentic arenas now have 18-21,000 people within the arena to really give it that full feel. We have 9,000 unique crowd models. We have that person in the front row not paying attention in the game and taking a selfie"

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
EA is introducing new dekes you can perform while striding. Pulling the left and right sticks to the left and right will give you a quick stride so you can get around a guy
When you go into a glide, you now have full control of both upper and lower body with the right stick, which means you can steer your guy while deking.
NHL 15 has new toe drags as well.

15 bullet points about deking and this gem:

"Obviously we have to be careful about not making it too arcadey in that way, but making sure that it's realistic," Ramjagsingh says.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

sba posted:

We have that person in the front row not paying attention in the game and taking a selfie
Metaphor for the game development

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I don't loving care anymore. I just... don't.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Board play isn't being overhauled and there's no mention of goalie AI as one ofany of their leading points.

Gonna be a bad game. Maybe a pretty looking bad game. But probably not.

Also:

quote:

NHL 15 introduces something never seen before in a sports game - live video of commentators before each game. To avoid the unpleasantness that virtual avatars commentators create in terms of lip synching, EA decided to record Doc and Eddie on a green screen, then place them in the broadcast booths of the arenas.

So that's a super glowing review of how realistic and lifelike their player models will be if they just took the shortcut for 2 stationary loving newscasters.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Why the gently caress would I want commentators recycling audio clips when all I do with the existing pre-game intro is mash A until it skips?

Talk about missing the forest for the trees.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Pleads posted:

So that's a super glowing review of how realistic and lifelike their player models will be if they just took the shortcut for 2 stationary loving newscasters.

But with Doc & Edzo

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

xzzy posted:

Why the gently caress would I want commentators recycling audio clips when all I do with the existing pre-game intro is mash A until it skips?

Talk about missing the forest for the trees.

I got a fiver here that says they're unskippable.

sba posted:

If you could pick your home city and junior/NCAA team and Pierre rattled off a bunch of bullshit about each whenever you touched the puck, it would be pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDMG7xKuS4
This guy has the Pierre-esque rambling down pretty good. And for once, there was even a good youtube comment below it:

"Got the inanity, but missed the cloying creepyness with just a hint of craigslist cruising. Can't blame him for that. That's unique to Pierre."

...nailed it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

sba posted:

Living Crowds
NHL 15 sets a new standard in videogames with over 9,000 individual crowd models with 4x the animations of previous generations. Take a look through the glass and you’ll see fans hold up signs with your name on them, costume wearing superfans, or even sections full of team rivals rooting against you. Feel their behavior change after dropping the gloves, landing a big hit, or scoring a clutch goal. The crowd is alive.

I look forward to seeing fans holding up signs with "DONALD RUMSFELD" "RICHARD SHERMAN" and "BIG DICK KILLAH" on them

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I'd settle for the Forza 5 crowds if it meant that this game would actually allow you to play defense properly.

I'm sick of getting tied up in the slot when I'm trying to throw a check, or vice versa. I'm sick of being flung behind the net when an opposing forward rotates their body position while we're tied up in the slot. I'm sick of being unable to face the proper direction because of new skating mechanics and the loss of full vision control. Most of all, I'm also sick of the inability for a defensive player to get their stick on the puck to deflect a shot or do anything besides watching it fly straight into the net despite having perfect body positioning.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Teeter posted:

I'd settle for the Forza 5 crowds if it meant that this game would actually allow you to play defense properly.

I'm sick of getting tied up in the slot when I'm trying to throw a check, or vice versa. I'm sick of being flung behind the net when an opposing forward rotates their body position while we're tied up in the slot. I'm sick of being unable to face the proper direction because of new skating mechanics and the loss of full vision control. Most of all, I'm also sick of the inability for a defensive player to get their stick on the puck to deflect a shot or do anything besides watching it fly straight into the net despite having perfect body positioning.

During our short tenure, CSA had at least five people playing as defensive D. It felt like we lost every game because blocking was completely random, making any kind of D pointless. Worse than that, when I did get a piece of them it was always deflecting them past Rutkowski and into the net and not away from it. :argh:

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Furnaceface posted:

During our short tenure, CSA had at least five people playing as defensive D. It felt like we lost every game because blocking was completely random, making any kind of D pointless. Worse than that, when I did get a piece of them it was always deflecting them past Rutkowski and into the net and not away from it. :argh:

Once you realize the series has no defense, it is not hockey, and all you can do is hit things, it does become more fun.
This was posted from the EASHL penalty box

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I think the only saving grace of NHL15 will be introducing RGR hockey to the PS3 crew.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Pleads posted:

I think the only saving grace of NHL15 will be introducing RGR hockey to the PS3 crew.

what about Dynamic Cheese Goal Technology?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I cannot overstate my excitement for the Dynamic Ice Tilt Technology.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Bradf0rd posted:

Once you realize the series has no defense, it is not hockey, and all you can do is hit things, it does become more fun.
This was posted from the EASHL penalty box

As someone who played goaltender and skater and also holds the hits and PIM club records, this is true.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Pleads posted:

I cannot overstate my excitement for the Dynamic Ice Tilt Technology.

I'm mostly excited for the new Dynamic Unfair Matchmaking Technology™

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Lets be honest I could make a joke about playing the same bullshit just on a shiny new system (PS4 bros whattup) but as long as the game allows me to get slowly drunk on a Saturday evening whilst conceding double digit numbers of goals I am going to buy it every year regardless.

I am part of the problem.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Pleads posted:

gently caress yes.

I'm amazed it took them this long to get NBC in the game. Someone in their system is retarded (shocker). Money from NBC, NBC gets additional exposure, it will look nicer than the generic crap they've got now, and it creates ad space.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

THE MACHO MAN posted:

gently caress yes.

I'm amazed it took them this long to get NBC in the game. Someone in their system is retarded (shocker). Money from NBC, NBC gets additional exposure, it will look nicer than the generic crap they've got now, and it creates ad space.

ENTERPRISE, WE'LL PICK YOU UP.

THAT GUY ISN'T ALL THERE.

WE TREAT YOU LIKE YOU TREAT YOU.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

xzzy posted:

ENTERPRISE, WE'LL PICK YOU UP.

THAT GUY ISN'T ALL THERE.

WE TREAT YOU LIKE YOU TREAT YOU.

FRAUD
FROG
FRAUD
FROG
FRAUD

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Anders posted:

I'm mostly excited for the new Dynamic Unfair Matchmaking Technology™

Dynamic Matchmaking Technology was 15 minutes between finding games last night.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

WE GOT A RANDOM RED COUCH

EAT SOME lovely rear end FOOD

MCDONALDS MAKES FAT

BECOME THE ULTIMATE GOON

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
I really hope they ditched that momentum/tilt bullshit, even though the official response was it didn't exist or something.

Also I hope there's less "Unlock with 5,000 hours play time or pay $1.99" poo poo also. The ones for the skater are easy, because you can crank up your sliders and score on every possession.

But for goalies, oh no, gently caress that. Your team AI is set to creationist, the enemy team gets only about 5 shots per game (they all are goals though), and gently caress YOU EA! .900 IS NOT AMATUER WTF YOU THINKING? :argh:

edit: also there are so many little things missing from online play.

No chatting before the game (or during pauses)? You only get obnoxious heavy breathers farting on their mics. No display of OVR rating while choosing sides? Not displaying other players faces during pre-game load? No voting to kick trolls/afk players? Thanks EA!

edit 2: and why the gently caress are they bothering with this accurate stadium bullshit, this isn't baseball. There's pretty much NO difference to arenas, and if there are it's so dark out there anyway it's pointless. Showing glamour pics of the loving stairs? What the poo poo?

edit 3: ok last post, but online I'm also sick of players sprinting up and down the ice every time there's a change of possession. Since there's no line changes I guess they said gently caress it, have infinite stamina, but maybe they could do something about that for 15. Like fake line changes, the players have to go to the bench if they're tired, and then the same player comes out again, but, pretend it's a new player? I don't know, do something EA!

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

KiddieGrinder posted:

I really hope they ditched that momentum/tilt bullshit, even though the official response was it didn't exist or something.

Also I hope there's less "Unlock with 5,000 hours play time or pay $1.99" poo poo also. The ones for the skater are easy, because you can crank up your sliders and score on every possession.

But for goalies, oh no, gently caress that. Your team AI is set to creationist, the enemy team gets only about 5 shots per game (they all are goals though), and gently caress YOU EA! .900 IS NOT AMATUER WTF YOU THINKING? :argh:

Might wanna save your $60 because this has been in EA games since christ was a cowboy

• Locked thread