Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Two Episodes a night is really great. I love the poker table scenes their always hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm watching the repeat and on the second episode he just got past the whole doing stand up and is in the car and god I have this unbearable sense of dread now that they are at the beach and she's running into the water.

God this is unbearable.

FINALLY, now I am relieved. Of course he accidentally hits her.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 6, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Someone described the show as a Auteur's comedic show, I can't tell if they are right or they are wrong.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Wow that uh, that was not what I was expecting. I'm still just like completely at a loss, but that was just really emotional for me. I had a similar relationship with my mother and my dad that was like that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The point isn't "rapists can be nice people who get into good relationships" the point the rape scene and this storyline is making is that "even guys who seem/are otherwise decent can buy into a hosed up idea of sexual entitlement and masculinity, especially if they are insecure and have a lot of issues". Maybe not to the extreme that Louie went to in that episode, but I think that attitude will ring true for a lot of people's experiences and it's a territory that a lot of other shows would be afraid to cover or would represent in a less complex way.

They didn't directly address the rape scene because neither Louie nor Pamela would. We all know what happened and that what he did was wrong. His expecting sex when he got back (almost not letting Pamela leave) and then overcompensating and sulking was all an extension of the same hosed-up mindset.

This pretty much, I mean I kind of felt that was the statement. You may like Louie or whatever but he had a super undeserved sense of entitlement toward Pamela and their relationship.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I kind of felt that was the point, also he's in the Art exhibit himself.

edit:

Finished the season, wow. I really super enjoyed that last episode. Honestly looking at the season it feels like he made like several indie films and just put them on television which is kind of interesting.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 18, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah that was pretty much amazing, here's something I'm wondering. I kind of wonder if in the future he'll start actually directing and writing movies again. I mean he's a good filmmaker. Like way better than average I'd say. So was this season his weird way of making like 4 indepedent movies? Anyone else think this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Because people can't seem to get through that Louie didn't rape her just came on super strong and acted like a entitled rear end in a top hat, because he's a guy and men are lovely at things. That "Yes" at the end tells us everything to know and that was super dark humour, heres this guy who's almost or actually sexually assaulting a woman and then after it's over he thnks he did good?

The whole things basically " Yeah you may love him and think he's funny but he's a lovely person too and has serious problems this is how stupid some men actuall are"

I thought it was rather brilliant. Also I'd like to point out that everything in the show almost pivots and revolves on Louies relationships with the women in his life and how just a complete gently caress up he is at some of those relationships.

Here he is in "love", with someone who cannot speak his own loving langauge. That tells you everything about that person. He felt entitled with Amia just as he did with Pamela.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 18, 2014

• Locked thread