Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
entropy
Jul 19, 2003

I'm afraid I just blue and gold myself.
I think my favorite part of the show is that I can never predict what's going to happen in the next scene. Hell, the next ten seconds. A lot of shows/movies have setups where you pretty much already have an idea what the punchline is going to be. I don't laugh as much as I thought I'd might with a show starring Louis CK, but it's pretty drat entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

entropy
Jul 19, 2003

It's weird that the show is much more drama now than comedy, but I am loving this season. Was the second episode tonight the first in the series to not feature any standup?

entropy
Jul 19, 2003

These two were somewhat disappointing compared to other episodes this season. The first episode, the plot just seemed so generic, I kept waiting for some interesting twist to it all, and it basically just ended up being "she left, he's sad". If it was just one or two scenes, I could get behind that, but this was the finale of a six-part episode, and the conclusion just felt really underwhelming.

The Pamela episode really comes down to that end scene. Not sure what kind of stuff he does regarding commentaries or DVD extras, but I'd enjoy hearing the though process behind that episode. Although his attitude sometimes is "Here's a thing I wanted an episode to be about so I did it", I do think he was trying to do something specific. But like most people's reaction, I cringed. It just seemed so out of character for Louie to act like that. Maybe he felt like he wasn't forward enough with Ania (sp?), so he's overcompensating with Pam? Even still, it just didn't seem like him compared to what we've seen so far.

• Locked thread