Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

pricklypie posted:

I love this show a lot, but man it bums me out. I guess that's what makes it so good because half of the time there isn't a happy ending.. Just like real life.. :emo:

That's the beauty of this show, it's a rollercoaster of emotions. The first episode literally made my gut hurt from laughing so hard. It was vintage Louie absurdity. But the second episode, while at times funny, made me cringe for a half hour.

God I love this show. I think it's the best thing on television right now. Totally worth the yearlong hiatus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

:aaa:

You just blew my loving mind, I had absolutely no idea that that was Charles Grodin. But he was really good as Doctor That Doesn't Give a gently caress.

Louie has the best guest stars. David Lynch was the guest appearance to end all guest appearances, but Grodin was excellent. I had no idea that was Charles Grodin either. Looking at his IMDB page, it looks like he is making a comeback of sorts after 20 years of retirement.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I love the episode where he sees the hobo get replaced by Men In Black with an identical hobo, though nothing quite compares to the screaming hobo whose head fell off while Louie was on the way to a date.

I don't know, I'm partial towards CIA hobo. Sometimes I randomly think of that scene and I giggle. Screaming hobo, while hilarious, was kind of sad.

LividLiquid posted:

Pamela Adlon is still getting a consulting producer credit on this. Is that just a legacy thing like EP credits can be, or does she still do occasional work for the show?

I'm still a little bummed her character is gone forever.

Good question. The last episode she wrote (or co-wrote I suppose) was IKEA/Piano Lessons last season, so hopefully she got to write at least one episode this season. I don't really know how that works with this show though, it seems C.K. does pretty much everything. I would love to see a behind-the-scenes documentary, even if it is just Louis C.K. doing everything, because everything the man does is fascinating.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Illinois Smith posted:

Re-casting his kids and then sticking with Jane's actress might be the best casting decision in the history of the show. That kid's gonna be huge, I can't wait for the movie she's in with Kristen Schaal next year.

I know this is said every year in every Louie thread, but it's worth repeating. She is an incredible actress, especially for her age. That Columbus line had me busting up.

entropy posted:

It's weird that the show is much more drama now than comedy, but I am loving this season.

That's what I love about this show. C.K. has no problem experimenting with new things, and this serialized drama we have gotten so far has been a homerun. Louie has an uncanny ability to conjure all kinds of emotions.

• Locked thread