Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Looking forward to seeing kid Clayface playing with mud at the park's playground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Isn't Joker one of THE villains that surface only when Batman does, regardless of which origin you pick for him? There's no way they could use him for this show. And it'll be all the better for it.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

That's bull, we're getting a freakin' Flash show, there's no excuse at this point.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Deadpool posted:

That sounds a lot to me like "We want a comic book show but not too comic booky" which is a bad approach.

And this one just gives me bad Smallville flashbacks.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/08/gotham-interview/

Also he said they will do The Joker. Which is not comforting news either.

Ehh, maybe this somehow means there will be time jumps during the series and perhaps it will eventually become more Gotham Centralish?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
gently caress it, just stuff the Grey Ghost in this show and call him the first vigilante ever, who will eventually inspire Bruce and all that.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Okay, that first look actually got my interest back into this, but ugghhh stop mentioning the Joker god damnit.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Universe Master posted:

Put it on HBO, throw in lots of gratuitous lesbian sex scenes, plenty of factional fighting, and the occasional classical Greek mythical monster.

It will be bigger than Game Of Thrones.

Make it so that Diana's mother is the protagonist and show her rise to queendom and I'm in.

The series will end when she gives birth to WW.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

pentyne posted:

As badly as everyone wants to see the Joker, the best way would be some creepy low level guy gets busted, jokes about clowning around, a few episodes later a different guy gets caught, his MO is wearing a clown mask, etc. so there's no "Hey this guy is gonna be the Joker" but just a nod to the multiple choice background from the The Killing Joke.

Watch them end the season revealing the Wayne's killer true identity: Jack Napier.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

AccountSupervisor posted:

Also Im on the sets a lot

Please tell them the show needs more winks and puns from the villains. It's too subtle so far.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Can't wait to see how they'll sneakily reference a new local ventriloquist in town as the future supervillain, "The Ventriloquist."

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Bruce needs to see a Doctor. He's acting Strange.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
This show is loving terrible. The only way to save it is to cancel it and renew it as "The Penguin."

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Today's Joker reference is: "You're the crown prince of parking lot muggers." I hope someone is writing these down somewhere for posterity.

I'm convinced that Barbara only exists in Gordon's imagination. It's the only logical explanation here.

Arkham City? Oh for the love of :doh:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

ChickenMedium posted:

I'm holding out for Bruce talking Gordon into becoming Batman.

Just go full circle, make the Joker be the new Batman.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Hey, I figured out what made this episode better than the other ones: there was no Barbara! It should stay that way.

And was that a Maxie Zeus easter egg? :hist101:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I hope the season ends with Penguin buying a monocle.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Lord Krangdar posted:

Any guesses who she could be playing?

Talia al Ghul, Bruce's first crush.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Is Bullock gonna get attacked by the elderly every week from now on? Because I hope he does.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Junkie Disease posted:

What happened when Cobblepot went to the Police Depot? Nothing he just walked out. No questioning or anything.

He was just stopping by the lost & found department to pick up his umbrella.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, which is why I'm wondering the value that he and Falcone see in it that nobody else does.

It's an Ace spot to build a Chemicals processing plant.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Oh yeah, what was that gun that Gordon took to Falcone's? It looked like a... pump action... automatic rifle?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I'm convinced Alfred is the real villain of the whole show.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Nate Falls posted:

The lady who convinced me to watch this show has a theory that Alfred is Ra's al Ghul. I like it, it's crazy.

At least that sounds more interesting than "Oswald is the Joker."

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I think he means more in the sense that instead of enabling his child ward to go off this path of insanity he should have probably smacked the poo poo out of Bruce and gone through with burning the crazy-board and poo poo.

Pretty much. Alfred is usually the first one to tell Bruce to stop being so loving suicidal, while in this show he enjoys watching him turn into a sociopath and even encourages it. It's highly amusing and I actually want to see where they go with that.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Did anyone point out how that little "things change" conversation between Fish and Penguin in the beginning of the episode was maaaybe a callback to Batman Returns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2N4WNZipDA

Danny DeVito should make a cameo as Oswald's dad.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

tarlibone posted:

(Similarly, Fish Mooney is an artifact from a development period where the show was in total camp mode, but she's slowly adjusting. It won't save her, though.)

Was?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dalael posted:

Compared to someone who looks like an evil joker, and tries only to cause chaos everywhere? Or a smart evil egomaniac who looks like a penguin and uses umbrella's as on of his favorite weapon. Or a person makes evil incredibly deep and hard to solves puzzle, just because.. Or how about a woman who uses all sorts of poison and plants to kill..

We've seen all of those villains being legit scary at one point or another (only Penguin got close to that point on the show so far), but Fish? She's just groanworthy.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Oh my god, Fish sounded like an actual human being when Alfred talked to her.

Please put Alfred in more scenes, show. Get him and Oswald in the same room, let's see what happens then.

Edit:

LolitaSama posted:

Ever since I heard the Joker would appear in this series, I've wondered what kind of straight edge kind of guy they'd have him be protrayed as. This got me thinking that what if Joker is cast around the same age as Bruce, perhaps a bit older like Selena?, who watches his own Mom/Dad get murdered, maybe by the police or some poo poo I don't know but Joker is the biggest thing I want to see come out of this show.

You've just described the origin of a different villain: Prometheus.

Krad fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 26, 2014

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The real question about that show is: how many Batman references will they cram in there before they get called out on it?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Did Penguin lose a couple of brain cells during the break?

Oh and I liked that final scene with Butch. Except they never showed why he'd rather stick with Fish than his childhood friend, but whatever, it's Gotham. v:shobon:v

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
It would've been great if the writers used Barbara to show what the day to day life in Gotham is like and how crappy it can get with its crime and corruption. Instead, she's slowly turning into Gordon's most dangerous arch nemesis.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dalael posted:

If Barbie is a cast member in the 2nd season, half of this thread might take this as a bad news.

I propose they replace Barbara with a house cat next season. No one will be able to tell the difference.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Aces High posted:

If they did reveal that it was called that I would laugh waaaaaaaay harder than I did when the doctor walked into the men's change room with just the excuse of "the Duty Sergeant said I could come in here"

Speaking of, did Gordon have a shower with his clothes on or what

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Bogmonster posted:

Anyway, I prefer Gotham's version of Zsasz than pretty much any other portrayal of the character, but then there's only so much you can do with a guy whose gimmick is just "serial killer who cuts himself".

Dont't forget Arkham City's version of Zsasz, where he spent all night prank calling Batman until he got caught. That was kinda different.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Barbara'll start talking to inanimate objects once everyone she knows gives her the cold shoulder. Eventually, she'll become the Ventriloquist.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I couldn't help but laugh when Fish brought a bat of all things to kill the Penguin with.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I don't know, this version of Riddler gives me the impression that he'll start a crime spree and leave riddles behind to draw Batman's attention to him to be best buds with him. I prefer not-Neil Patrick Harris' version of him from the Arkham games, an egotistical I'm-better-than-you megalomaniac with a tinge of Saw in him.

Krad fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 29, 2015

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Yeah, I could see that working, getting a taste and then becoming addicted to his puzzles. My problem right now is that he seems completely harmless, like a little kid that doesn't know any better. Hopefully he'll get some more development before the season ends.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

JediTalentAgent posted:

Over the years I've sort of started to feel like Riddler could maybe be the one Batman villain that is sort of potentially redeemable in a way.

Batman doesn't kill because of a personal no-killing code. For some reason, I could see a similar vibe from Riddler that despite his bluster and threatening and gadgets he could work with the same sort of 'no-kill philosophy' just on the basis that killing is 'beneath' him. Killing is for people too stupid to otherwise outwit or outsmart you to get what they want. Riddler imagining himself above the other Batman rogues because of that, or that he's intentionally limiting himself to Batman's own self-imposed limits as a means to prove why he's more capable than the Dark Knight.

So... you want him to be the Superior Dark Knight?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Batman only kills gods anyway. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I was bracing myself for something way more interesting stupid like the Black Glove.

• Locked thread