Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Drifter posted:

I really feel like a preBatman super-villain arc would really go bad for a show like this. Batman ushered in a new class of criminal. Gordon is fighting every man as an everyman, they shouldn't be pitting anyone against another mask.

I'm just torn, because this show needs to be more Chicago Code than whatever the hell the trailer made it look like, and it's most likely not going to do that. I'm definitely watching the first two episodes, at least. Dear god, don't be as bad as AoS.

To be fair AoS has gone from garbage to mediocre so for Gotham to be worse is a real possibility. Alternatively if they just straight brought Manu Bennett in to continue to play Deathstroke after Arrow finishes with him then I would be all up for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Xealot posted:

Yeah, I think you're right.

I understand why this premise sounds cool on paper, but stretching a show about Batman out for seasons without seeing Batman sounds excruciating. The entire point of Batman is that he shows up as this near-cosmic force that totally changes the status quo. So, Gotham can't actually show any improvement to the city's situation, and its heroes have to be hopelessly outmatched. It's a really long first act to a Batman origin story.

Which sounds sort of cool for a season, but after that I can only imagine people thinking, "fine, great, but can we get to Batman already?"

Maybe they'll create lesser vigilante characters? The Question, or something? Or just trick everyone and make it into a new season of The Wire. Mr. Freeze shows up, but as a condemnation of the bureaucratic apathy inherent to for-profit healthcare. Killer Croc shows up, but as a metaphor for the pernicious and self-perpetuating nature of urban poverty or racialized violence.

There you go again Gordon, giving a gently caress when its not your turn.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Krad posted:

Make it so that Diana's mother is the protagonist and show her rise to queendom and I'm in.

The series will end when she gives birth to WW.

Isn't wonder woman formed out of a clay statue and give life by the gods or something like that? The ending is just 'WELL THAT ALL WAS poo poo, I'M JUST GOING TO GO MAKE A SUPERHERO I GUESS'

• Locked thread