Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd be alright with Red Hood, but they should stay away from Joker. With Smallville, Clark meets and fights all his villains before he's officially even Superman. It'll be even more ridiculous for that to happen before Batman hits puberty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mister Mind posted:

I would seriously pay :10bux: to have muckraking reporter Jack Ryder as a regular supporting character. :20bux: to get the Creeper, too.

Creeper would be such a :master: way to troll people asking for Joker.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think the average television viewer would have been asking "Where's Batman?" the whole time. "Why have a Batman show without Batman?" They won't be asking that if Batman is still a kid.

Plus, knowing the weird relationship between DC and Warner Bros, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a weird rule that there can be no other live-action Batman while Ben Affleck is playing him in the new movies. The whole reason they did the "Death of Superman" storyline is because DC was forced by Warner to push back the planned wedding between Lois and Clark for a year until after it happened in...Lois & Clark.

DC was weird about this back in the mid-2000s too. They didn't want to show multiple versions of a character because they thought it would confuse kids. I think that's why Batman never showed up in Teen Titans (which I think was for the best.). Nowadays, I think they've loosened up. They don't seem to mind what with all the little DC Nation cartoons, a successful Green Arrow show, a second try at The Flash, Constantine, and soon Titans (???) and Supergirl (?????).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They should have hazardous things always nearly hit Harvey in the face. Magma, nails, bees, acid, whatever.

"Gee Harv, you should wear some kind of facemask. You're really playing the odds!"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Maroni is an idiot. So from his point of view, he thinks Penguin saved part of his money. Maroni's goons followed Penguin's bloody footprints to the fridge. This means that the robbers came in, killed everyone in the room, and then Penguin came in and saved some of the money from being stolen. Did nobody think about why they would just leave a bag of money and not take the whole thing?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

tarlibone posted:

4) Maroni arrives and finds Penguin and some of his money. He then calls the other gang a bunch of farging iceholes, declares fargin' war, and swears he'll get his revenge on those bastages.

Johnny Dangerously was such good movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I really hope Gordon gives Bruce a bright red cell phone.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

..and his bitchin' mustache.

He's gonna get that in the final episode. He'll be sitting in his chair, contemplating how it all went wrong. Then a mustache will break through his window.

He shall become a stache.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can't not see nuns in Gotham City and laugh my rear end off.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kin posted:

29 Seems too young.

Like I could see him being forever 35, especially with the likes of Nightwing/Jason Todd and Tim Drake kicking about.

Nightwing/Todd are the ones who seem like perpetually 27/28 to me.

edit: although i suppose it depends on which era of Batman you're looking at.

Which is why the Batman family in New 52 confuses the hell out of me. Batman somehow raised Dick, Jason, and Tim in 5 years or something. They really should have given Batman a complete reboot with everyone else.

Gawain The Blind posted:

Bollock is growing on me, but I still don't understand the character, really. It's like there are five different writers in charge of his character and they don't talk to each other. Sometimes he's "Super Corrupt Cop Man" and sometimes he's "Loose Cannon Cop Man" and sometimes he's "Useless Drunk." And while at first I thought they were just trying to make his character morally complex, it ends up being more like he has multiple personality disorder, and Gordon just rolls with it. And on top of all of that, some of the episodes try to do a buddy-cop thing, except Gordon and Bollock should hate each other. It's just confusing.

I think that's what makes the relationship work for me.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gordon should let Nigma room with him now that Barbra left.

I kinda hope Nigma ends up being private detective Riddler. A few years ago, Riddler lost his memory and compulsions. So instead of trying to prove he's better than Batman through villainy, he did it by being a better private investigator. I thought it was a pretty good direction for the character. Shame they had to revert it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope that Gordon catches Barbra and Montoya together and Montoya gets so embarrassed she refuses to show her face anymore.

• Locked thread