Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Not this exact one, but my sister sells planes for a living and my brother is a licensed pilot, so the two of us and my sister in law are pitching in and buying him a used 1999 Diamond DA20 off one of my sister's clients. Mechanically and structurally it's amazing, but the upholstery is jacked and he's saying he'll want to pull out most of the avionics and go digital.

All in all though, I can't wait till he takes me flying in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I may not have Omega Speedmaster money but I guess I do have Citizen money:

I had a titanium Citizen Skyhawk that I really, really liked about a decade ago--then I left it in a hotel room in Japan, I've regretted it ever since, and I want a new nice-ish watch.

And drat, I sure as hell don't have airplane money--jacked upholstery is easily fixable though, nice find. If it happens to be near Illinois, I know a family friend that does aircraft interiors, if you're looking for any recommendations in that area.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Not this exact one, but my sister sells planes for a living and my brother is a licensed pilot, so the two of us and my sister in law are pitching in and buying him a used 1999 Diamond DA20 off one of my sister's clients. Mechanically and structurally it's amazing, but the upholstery is jacked and he's saying he'll want to pull out most of the avionics and go digital.

How much is a plane?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Took the plunge and got a ps4.

Going to take the plunge in a bit and pre-order wolfenstein, so I can spend most of next week stabbing nazis in the head.

Colonel K
Jun 29, 2009

SaltLick posted:

How much is a plane?

A few thousand to a few million

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Aviator:

For this avian:

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The Aviator:

For this avian:

That face :3:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The Aviator:

For this avian:

How well did s/he take to having it put on? I can only imagine the total bloodbath that would ensue if I tried one of those on my yellow-naped amazon...

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Geoj posted:

How well did s/he take to having it put on? I can only imagine the total bloodbath that would ensue if I tried one of those on my yellow-naped amazon...

He didn't mind it, but he's a very tactile bird and is frequently handled and played with. He chewed on it a bit initially indoors, and then once we got outside was too interested in the Great Outdoors to pay it any attention.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SaltLick posted:

How much is a plane?

For what it is, way under what it should be. My sister took it in as a trade in a few weeks ago and we're splitting the cost 3 ways.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Booblord Zagats posted:

For what it is, way under what it should be. My sister took it in as a trade in a few weeks ago and we're splitting the cost 3 ways.

How many kilos of cocaine will it hold?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

wigbot v2.0 posted:

Yes bruv.. Etnies Dory, many colours.

http://etnies.com/shop/dory-5/navy-white/

Chekkum'out.

Not bad. I usually stick to adidas, but I may have to give them a try.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not enough snails.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

beanieson posted:

How many kilos of cocaine will it hold?

Maybe like 8 kilos? It only seats 2 and there's only enough storage space for a small backpack. I mean we live pretty close to Mexico and all, but we're in a pretty well maintained radar corridor from what I've been told.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Booblord Zagats posted:

That sure is a nice loving gift. Dang.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
LaCie Cloudbox. I got the 3TB version.

And a reel of 2.5mm2 cabling for rewiring my flat...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thanks for the info. Ditched the blue and went with these.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

Jeherrin posted:

LaCie Cloudbox. I got the 3TB version.

How do I not have one of these? Thanks for posting. It is now in my shopping cart.

As for purchases, I just bought a 6 inch BMT from Subway. It was about as bad as I was expecting it to be. I have to get one every few months to remind myself that it isn't good.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Tickets to see these guys:

Along with these guys:

And these fellows:

Should be a pretty cool concert down on the lakefront. Sneak myself in some beers and have a nice chill evening. :cheers:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

PleasusChrist posted:

How do I not have one of these? Thanks for posting. It is now in my shopping cart.

As for purchases, I just bought a 6 inch BMT from Subway. It was about as bad as I was expecting it to be. I have to get one every few months to remind myself that it isn't good.

I'm the same with Arby's every few years. It never changes. Ever.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

DrBouvenstein posted:

Along with these guys:

And these fellows:

Should be a pretty cool concert down on the lakefront. Sneak myself in some beers and have a nice chill evening. :cheers:

lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I live in a rural state with not much to do. Earlybird tickets were only $20, so if it sucks, no big deal.

Besides which, Offspring is mostly playing stuff from Smash, so that'll make it better, yeah?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

SaltLick posted:

:negative:

Why do y'all do this to us

Hey, I own dress shoes. I know when it's appropriate to wear dress shoes. But in an office environment with a shirt-and-tie dress code, where I'm running around and crawling under people's desks working with computers, dress shoes don't work.

leidend posted:

Do you have the specific name of these? I never find totally black Nikes and could use them for work (not dress shoes, don't worry ylls goons).

Air One TR. These were my second choice when the New Balance shoes I wanted didn't come in my size.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

PleasusChrist posted:

I just did the opposite & purchased one of these:

Bánh mì from a local Asian grocery store deli next to my friend's place in Seattle. I don't eat sandwiches too often (much less bánh mì) so I need to remind myself that these are excellent.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Android Bicyclist posted:

I just did the opposite & purchased one of these:

Bánh mì from a local Asian grocery store deli next to my friend's place in Seattle. I don't eat sandwiches too often (much less bánh mì) so I need to remind myself that these are excellent.
:circlefap:

I haven't had a Banh Mi in a hot minute and now I really want one.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Oops:

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

I live in a rural state with not much to do. Earlybird tickets were only $20, so if it sucks, no big deal.

Besides which, Offspring is mostly playing stuff from Smash, so that'll make it better, yeah?

Ignore those lols! Bad Religion are loving legit and you will have a great time seeing them live.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Along with these guys:

And these fellows:

Planning to get tickets for this when they come to Boston. Gonna be an awesome show.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Four of these:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

IMAX movies on laserdisc. Bought these four but there was one I really wanted to get: "To Fly", which I finally got to see in proper IMAX 70mm at the Air and Space Museum last month. "The Dream is Alive" hasn't even been opened! It still has stickers on it from when it was on sale at Tower Records god knows how many years ago.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Along with these guys:

And these fellows:

Not a fan of the other 2, but I love me some Bad Religion.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
Aw yiss. New shirts. Blipshift is gonna make me so broke. But worth it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

anotherblownsave posted:

Planning to get tickets for this when they come to Boston. Gonna be an awesome show.

Can I borrow your time machine and go back to 1995 with you?

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Joining the new shoes club.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Kershaw Chill. I needed a one handed light EDC knife since my mini grip broke, and didn't want to spend a lot. This knife has impressed me beyond belief in quality under price. Best sub $20 knife I've had. Very light and understated but still very capable at delivering for 99% of daily tasks.

JNCO BILOBA has a new favorite as of 04:23 on May 15, 2014

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Shrapnig posted:

Can I borrow your time machine and go back to 1995 with you?

No. I want the 90's all to myself.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I became a homeowner!

And with that I made my first homeowner purchases.
These to fix the 2 toilets with poo poo valves in them:

And this to fix the leaky shower:

Hooray for being an adult I guess

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I was under the impression that the singer from Pennywise quit to spend more time with his family. I watched The Other F Word. Fat Mike has children and that is hilarious.

colas has a new favorite as of 03:59 on May 15, 2014

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

drat dude how many coats do you own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crain posted:

drat dude how many coats do you own?

They're not for coats. They're for many, tiny suicides.