Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Boomerjinks posted:

Holy poo poo.

The only thing that would make this better is if they had the plane in the background. Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Catsplay?

http://www.themarysue.com/cat-cosplay/2/

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm more intrigued by the Bud Light Stormtrooper next to the Goomba man.

This is all I got.

EDIT: Found this, not mine, mildly NSFW https://www.flickr.com/photos/pmanne31/4966129364/

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Boomerjinks posted:

Holy poo poo.

I read these threads for the feeling of seeing cosplay of something I haven't thought about it a decade+, yet instantly recognizing/remembering it when a pic comes along. Love it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

What about Shanks from One Piece?

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"
So me and my friends ended up checking out LA Cosplay Con (IE. "Pay $17 bucks to walk around a hotel lobby and see a few people who didn't win Face/Off), but it was a good test run for our Kill La Kill Costumes we will be doing for AX and Otakon

Our actual photographer was unavaible, but we will probably do a photo-shoot next month to actually show off the costumes better. As opposed to standing around in a hotel lobby.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Magical Girl Snoop Dogg, based on this.

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I am the worst photographer ever but here is my friend as Booker Dewitt from Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea with Booker Dewitt from Bioshock Infinite.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

This looks familiar.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

What are those two costumes from? It's vaguely familiar?

Kilo147 has a new favorite as of 19:42 on Jun 8, 2014

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Wrong thread.

Here's an apology:

gamera009 has a new favorite as of 14:22 on Jun 8, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Mucktron posted:

So me and my friends ended up checking out LA Cosplay Con (IE. "Pay $17 bucks to walk around a hotel lobby and see a few people who didn't win Face/Off), but it was a good test run for our Kill La Kill Costumes we will be doing for AX and Otakon

Our actual photographer was unavaible, but we will probably do a photo-shoot next month to actually show off the costumes better. As opposed to standing around in a hotel lobby.

Aw drat. I thought about going on my lunch since I work across the street but ended up passing on it. Would have been great to help some goons get photos of their work.

Great job, by the way. I think they'll be hits at AX. :)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Boomerjinks posted:

Holy poo poo.

I heard the theme music in my head. This and Real Adventures of Johnny Quest owned.

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!

Velma is shopping for a katana. I dig this for some reason.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
X-Men Evolution Rogue.

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010
I really dig Power Girl. I cosplayed her in 2011, then I lost 40lbs, learned to sew/craft/hair/makeup a lot better, and cosplayed her again for Anime North last month. Debating making a "Red Son" costume next, but I have enough spandex for 2 Mera (Aquaman) suits, so those are first. (That, and 2 Cherno Alpha drive suits)

2011- 2014-

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Congratulations on killin' it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Congratulations on killin' it.

Agreed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Schindler's Fist posted:

Velma is shopping for a katana. I dig this for some reason.

And then imagine a follow-up picture of Velma cosplaying as The Bride.

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!
This time around I was at A-Kon with Snow White and Kiki

My Zoidberg Jesus seemed to be a big hit.

And here's some of my other favorites:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I love how well simple character designs translate into cosplay. This is really good.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Could he sing, too?

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Points deducted because he didn't have a big brown stain.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Holy poo poo. :golfclap:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wow what the hell happened here? It's like he gave up halfway through the robot and said gently caress it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Scyantific posted:

Wow what the hell happened here? It's like he gave up halfway through the robot and said gently caress it.

He may have run out of time before the convention. :shrug:

Officer URL's legs are just iron bars without knees so they're next to impossible to cosplay accurately:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Being able to move in your costume is a big plus, so that's why I imagine the legs are like that.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Being able to move in your costume is a big plus

... but it sometimes has to be sacrificed in the name of accuracy

Then there's all the bulky costumes where sitting down is either impossible or fraught with danger:

Sidenote: a GIS for 'uncomfortable cosplay' brings up a lot of weird results

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 16:35 on Jun 10, 2014

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well that's disconcerting.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Then there's all the bulky costumes where sitting down is either impossible or fraught with danger:

Goddamn that's amazing. Maybe I'm not remembering NGE correctly but the feet look a bit too big/thick. It does look absolutely hell to wear though.

Some content. Found this on Tumblr.

I don't know if that Wario is terrible or fantastic.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Tracula posted:

Goddamn that's amazing. Maybe I'm not remembering NGE correctly but the feet look a bit too big/thick. It does look absolutely hell to wear though.

It looks to me like they added a few inches in the feet for the costume's overall height. Looking at where their actual foot sits, I'd be so nervous about walking in that thing, that is a huge amount of lift.

One of my friends just finished a human version of the pokemon Moltres and I just love how it turned out:

Cosplayer is Malindachan, photo by CosIT photography

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I'm pretty sure they are actually cosplaying a certain youtube video called 'pizza time'. It's highly :nws: and :nms:.

You shouldn't watch it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRBb8jf7PY

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Goddamn it I was hoping someone wouldn't link that video.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Wow. That thumbnail... that probably belongs in the Weird Fanart thread, or maybe the Seventh Circle of Hell.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Tracula posted:

Goddamn it I was hoping someone wouldn't link that video.

Thanks awfulvision.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Robin, a bank.

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!
Technically, that's a credit union.

These came up on a GIS for 'credit union cosplay'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Both of those are fantastic.

• Locked thread