Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Has there been any new infos on that superspecialawesome japan studio that's making an exclusive bone game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Macksy posted:

Has there been any new infos on that superspecialawesome japan studio that's making an exclusive bone game?

Apparently Mistwalker is making a game right now, maybe it'll actually be good instead of bad like everything else they've made.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I can't wait for more trailers of games THAT WILL NEVER COME OUT.

NEVER.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Because it's E3, so it's "in-engine" in the same sense that Watch Dogs was "in-engine."

lmao E3 is the greatest

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"in-engine" Watch Dogs at E3 2012 vs "in-engine" Watch Dogs last month

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

EA sports where next-gen means we can render brain damage in real time, only in Madden 26.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Adam Bowen posted:

So games journalists aren't paid off, they're just actually incredibly bad at their job and it's a coincidence that they end up giving absurdly high scores to mediocre games with huge advertising budgets?

I've met a lot of easily impressed people in this business so maybe yes. I think what's more likely is that you have a lot of nerdy types doing this stuff who are very easily won over by huge shooty shoot kablam effects and are typically the same people who think The Avengers or Batman 5 are the best movies ever. I think review scores are dumb btw

DARPA Dad fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 7, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Macksy posted:

Not even platinum could convince me to buy an xbone

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

"in-engine" Watch Dogs at E3 2012 vs "in-engine" Watch Dogs last month

Yeah nice try that's true crime nyc bub.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Not even platinum could convince me to buy an xbone

That would make me even less likely to buy a bone because I would be all :argh:

Macksy fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 7, 2014

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope they bring out someone from Fromsoft to play that Beast Souls game. I wonder if that's the supposedly exclusive Playstation title they were working on.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Macksy posted:

Yeah nice try that's true crime nyc bub.
This is the one that keeps getting posted in the Xbone thread that makes me laugh

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jimbot posted:

I hope they bring out someone from Fromsoft to play that Beast Souls game. I wonder if that's the supposedly exclusive Playstation title they were working on.

I'd be very surprised if it's otherwise.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Famous TV Dad posted:

Why is "in-engine" in quotes?

It'll be 'in-engine' on a 3000$ PC. Or they'll just straight up lie about it like Final Fantasy did a few years ago.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

This is the one that keeps getting posted in the Xbone thread that makes me laugh

Look at those physics as I was thoughtfully into the wind. He's even got his hand in his pockets.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Actual Gameplay footage

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

You're one of those people who get absolutely livid at Peter Molyneux, aren't you?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Apparently Mass Effect 4 might be announced at E3. Do people even like that series anymore? Didn't that franchise go south really quickly? Or is this a case of EA just not having much of a plan other than Sequels Sequels Sequels!!!!

Rumors about Sony's conference leaking today, could be a hoax, who knows:

- Media Molecule is working on a VR game for Project Morpheus
- Sony Japan debuting multiple titles, one of which is Project Beast
- Uncharted 4 to get "in-engine" 3 minute trailer

The rest sounded like complete and utter fanfiction so that's all I'll transcribe. I wonder if Media Molecule will ever develop a game that's actually as fun to play as it looks.

Is Ninja Theory coming back to make a sequel to Heavenly Sword really the type of thing that periodically ends up on fan wishlists though?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Mordaedil posted:

You're one of those people who get absolutely livid at Peter Molyneux, aren't you?

Hold on writing my 5000 word rant essay about how Molyneux robbed me of my dynamic trees.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mordaedil posted:

No way, I think he's hysterical. I was really disappointed when he wasn't on SpikeTV last year as a co-host because the year he was, he was loving insane the entire time.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Is Ninja Theory coming back to make a sequel to Heavenly Sword really the type of thing that periodically ends up on fan wishlists though?

After DmC I dont think anyone is going to be excited about anything ninja theory does. Besides game journalists.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Sony owns the rights to Heavenly Sword so they can get any developer they want to make it. Giving it back to Ninja Theory would be a mistake.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

No, but it claimed Last Guardian was going to be shown at this year's E3. And a new Syphon Filter, and a new Wipeout, and a new God of War, and a new Gran Tourismo. All stacked up it sounded pretty improbable.

battle
Dec 20, 2013

I can't wait to see if they show some epic trailer from halo 5

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

I love master chief's anime cloak

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Can they please just make super mario rpg 2?

I miss geno and I hate paper mario.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rumored Sony E3 Stuff. Hope this isn't a repeat.

I'm surprised Ninja Theory is still getting work considering all their games suck. And I thought Wipeout was cancelled but I guess not if these rumors are true.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Philosopher King posted:

The only way for this to happen in to have Square involved. Is that really what you want?

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Expect a whole lot of HD upgrades

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Philosopher King posted:

Seeing as how they royally hosed up the last paper mario game because 'nobody plays them for the story or characters' I doubt you'll be getting your wish.

Thanks Internet posted:

The only way for this to happen in to have Square involved. Is that really what you want?

Seeing how good bravely default was I think square still has it in them to make good JRPGs when they aren't trying to re-invent the wheel with final fantasy.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysno8xdJWo

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I also really hope Nintendo tells us more about the new xenoblade and SMT x fire emblem because I haven't had the desire to buy a Wii-U yet.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This will also be the first year without Adam Sessler reporting on the show floor isn't it?

What a long, strange trip it's been for him.

Holy poo poo that video is 90's as gently caress.

Also :lol: at David Bowie pretending to love Laura Croft or some poo poo.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Oh boy it's that time of year again. I love being a loving idiot in an IRC channel watching streams of Master Chief wearing wizard robes over his power armor. I'm so far removed from console games that I honestly don't know what to expect these days I just know that there will be people on stage play-acting being a video gamist and it will be awkward and at some point a tiny frenchman from Ubisoft will continue to not talk about Beyond Good and Evil 2. I am so ready for this.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Adam Bowen posted:

So games journalists aren't paid off, they're just actually incredibly bad at their job and it's a coincidence that they end up giving absurdly high scores to mediocre games with huge advertising budgets?

This is true except for the coincidence part. Game journalists are game enthusiasts first, and game critics last if at all, falling for the massive hype like most gamers do.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This will also be the first year without Adam Sessler reporting on the show floor isn't it?

What a long, strange trip it's been for him.

If only Adam could be replaced by Joel " I just don't give a gently caress" McHale.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not sure this counts as E3 but it is probably going to be stupid!!

PC Gamer posted:

Epic announces livestream to reveal "future of Unreal Tournament" on May 8

Unreal Tournament is coming back. We don't know what form it will take, but Mark Rein followed up his original tweet "I love Unreal Tournament, so excited for the comeback" with a confirmation—"Yes UT coming back!"—and a link to Epic's Unreal Engine Twitch account, where the future of Unreal Tournament will be revealed Thursday, May 8 at 2PM EST.

Another tweet from Epic's Paul Meegan makes us think this is more than a throwaway project:

@PaulMeegan 2 May 2014
UE4 Dev Community + Epic. The future of Unreal Tournament. Tune in to http://www.twitch.tv/UnrealEngine Thursday at 2pm ET. #unrealdev #FirstBlood

And good news for people who love terrible indie games:

quote:

For the second year, Venus Patrol's Horizon showcase will take place in Los Angeles the same week as the industry event with its aim to showcase "beautiful, original games from studios both small and large." It is a joint production of IGF chairman Brandon Boyer and LA's Museum of Contemporary Art, and will take place at 10 AM PST on Thursday, June 12th, 2014.

See? It's at a museum. games are art. checkmate

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

BexGu posted:

If only Adam could be replaced by Joel " I just don't give a gently caress" McHale.
If only, man, if only.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Not sure this counts as E3 but it is probably going to be stupid!!

And good news for people who love terrible indie games:

See? It's at a museum. games are art. checkmate

:hellyeah:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is Unreal Tournament something that people still give a poo poo about in 2014?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

raditts posted:

Is Unreal Tournament something that people still give a poo poo about in 2014?

It is to people who are tired of Modern Warfare, killstreaks and loadouts in every loving FPS.

• Locked thread