Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I've been at work all day, who's winning E3 now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Badingading posted:

When did this happen?
During the Smash tourney; people kept voting for Pikachu despite Pikachu losing just to gently caress with him.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

homeless snail posted:

Are you sure this isn't a prototype of Heavenly Sword from an E3 like 10 years ago cause "lmao".
More like a prototype for X Blades.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

peter gabriel posted:

Can someone explain to me in layman terms what e3 actually is?
THE FUTURE OF VIDEO GAMES

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

peter gabriel posted:

That sounds pretty sweet. So they all get together and play games and stuff?
Nah, they just show short films of said games.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

peter gabriel posted:

But from the future?
Yes. The future is MOBAs and sci-fi shooters.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
That STEAM games looks cool, but man it isn't trying to hide the fact that it was inspired by XCOM and Freedom Force, they even practically use the latter's art style and UI.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Fusion's writing is fine enough, though I think a lot of may have been because of the American localization. I think it and the Prime games did a good job giving Samus character. Other M is straight up a lovely retread of Fusion with none of the great gameplay and atmosphere. Metroid is my favorite Nintendo series so man do I hate that game.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 13, 2014

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

raditts posted:

:stare: Huh.

So assuming this had to get the green light by lots of people along the way, how the gently caress did that even happen? It sounds like it was made by a person that utterly hates the series and the main character.
Sakamoto doesn't hate the series he's just the totally deluded creator type that has to have everything in the series fit his "perfect vision" and part of that is to treat Samus in this creepy-rear end paternal way where's she's small and weak and needs a man to tell her what to do instead of the badass space amazon that she was for the majority of the series.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also Suda will probably have very little to do with it like he has with every Grasshopper game since No More Heroes.

• Locked thread