Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Count Uvula posted:

I can't tell if this is photoshopped or not.

It's shopped, for the record. :goonsay: The "Baker Casket Company" along the side is at the wrong angle and doesn't get larger closer to the camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

trapped mouse posted:

Idiots on Social Media: DON'T POST TUMBLR

gently caress you dad you're not the boss of me

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

You might be looking for the shit_that_didn't_happen.txt thread.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

YellerBill posted:

It's shopped, for the record. :goonsay: The "Baker Casket Company" along the side is at the wrong angle and doesn't get larger closer to the camera

It's probably based off of this:

Which is a photoshop of this:

Which I have seen a few times but it's mostly just sad, not funny.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Count Uvula posted:

I can't tell if this is photoshopped or not.

Looks like it is, the text doesn't line up at all.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Saint Drogo posted:

Youtube comments are a lazy source, but drat.

quote:

i like in the first few seconds how she says "great nice to meet you its good to be here" you havent gone anywere luv your in your loving front room

lmao

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

I love how these poo poo that didn't happen stories always have someone throwing out 5 lines of dialogue during an event that couldn't have lasted more than a couple of seconds.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Twitter never fails to disappoint. :stonk:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
People take Eurovision seriously?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Michael Sam just got drafted. Incoming material.

ED-E My Love
Feb 26, 2014

The cutest lil' eyebot in the Wasteland

TinTower posted:

I would like to punch each and every one of these people.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Celery Face posted:

Yes. :negative:

I don't get it myself, but a lot of folks my age care about it for whatever reason. My facebook wall had a couple of "gently caress yeah, she won" posts, and another couple negative ones, one of which was literally "throw trannies off of a cliff". Thanks Eurovision, you helped me get rid of a couple of assholes.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Eurovision is serious business apparently. Around here people got into a frothing rage over Stella Mwangi being selected to represent Norway because she was black wasn't norwegian enough. At the same time, the belarusian Alexander Rybak who represented us 2 years prior was still being worshipped as a rogueish, fiddle-playing national hero.

:norway:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

TinTower posted:

Jesus wept, you'd think eurovision fans would be ahead of the curve on that sort of thing. I guess most of those clowns look too young to remember the 90s though.

Anyway, I just fished this off my facebook feed:

I imagine that neither of those statements are true.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

StrangersInTheNight posted:

OK, Suey Park is an idiot, but I feel compelled to point out that the offending tweet was posted after the episode it goes with was taped...but before the episode itself had aired. That is a joke that REALLY needs context - when read just by itself with absolutely no idea what it is referencing, it can come off as a bit shocking. The real problem is that someone at Colbert Report had an itchy trigger finger.

The whole thing was dumb but it becomes a bit more understandable once you understand the timeline of it all. It was mostly just a huge misunderstanding because, again, bad timing. Context is king. Of course, once it came out what happened and that the tweet was supposed to go along with, a sane person should go 'ooooh yeaaah, I got it now', but Suey just kept going because of stubborn pride. CAN'T BACK DOWN!

Ah, I see. I always thought it was After Episode/context->Tweet
Context really is important...
wait

DON'T OPPRESS ME CIS-WHITE SHITLORD

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Figured as much there'd be transphobic asshats responding to Conchita Wurst's win. I thought her song was awesome.

Also, Michael Sam idiocy courtesy of this person who should probably follow his Twitter bio:

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Haha, Tim Tebow is trending because people with no understand of context are angry that Micahel Sam is being celebrated and Tebow was mocked. There are a shitload of Christian football players; Tebow was mocked for being a dumb spectacle about it (and being insanely overrated coming out of college).

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Zeether posted:

Figured as much there'd be transphobic asshats responding to Conchita Wurst's win. I thought her song was awesome.

Also, Michael Sam idiocy courtesy of this person who should probably follow his Twitter bio:

I suppose you could turn off the television. Why is that not an option?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

It got deleted but didn't someone write in and literally post the story of Leonard/Gomer Pyle with the jelly donut? I feel like I saw a screencap of that.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zeether posted:

Moral values from the bible... Like love thy neighbor, or judge not lest ye be judged?

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

RFC2324 posted:

Moral values from the bible... Like love thy neighbor, or judge not lest ye be judged?

The bible says a lot of things. Shove her!

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

RFC2324 posted:

Don't be an idiot. Everybody knows those are not the important ones. The only real rule handed out in the entirety of the Bible is that dudes shouldn't gently caress other dudes.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Now I'm just a simple American who doesn't know much about European song contests, but didn't a bunch of monsters win one year? Who cares if a lady with a beard won?

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

:tinfoil:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
what is "facebook jail"?

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

Serperoth posted:

Yes. :negative:

I don't get it myself, but a lot of folks my age care about it for whatever reason. My facebook wall had a couple of "gently caress yeah, she won" posts, and another couple negative ones, one of which was literally "throw trannies off of a cliff". Thanks Eurovision, you helped me get rid of a couple of assholes.

I'd heard she was a drag queen though?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Celery Face posted:

Pick anything. There will be a group of people, somewhere, that takes it so seriously it's bordering on a mental illness. No, I take that back, there are people somewhere that take it so seriously it is a mental illness. Doesn't matter what it is. Which is, of course, why YouTube comments are kind of cheating. Hell even YouTube videos are kind of cheating. Whenever somebody loses some sort of talent competition there's always the pages and pages of "oh noes my life is ruined!!!" insanity.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

A lot of idiots aren't aware that GSM people don't all fall under the umbrella of "gay." And the epithet they're using is applied to, and unfortunately used by, drag queens a lot.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Austrian mook posted:

what is "facebook jail"?

I'm guessing it's some kind of site restriction, like it blocks you from doing anything meaningful on the site for a while.

That or it's a way to punish those with an interest in the paranormal. :iiam:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Remember Space Jam? You know, the movie where Michael Jordan teams up with the Looney Tunes to fight aliens in a :krad: basketball game.

It's a very oppressive movie.

I can't wait for xim to go on xis Hajj.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Remember Space Jam? You know, the movie where Michael Jordan teams up with the Looney Tunes to fight aliens in a :krad: basketball game.

It's a very oppressive movie.

That's a joke account, hth

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

He's got a point. I remember from my own Bible-based upbringing the words of Our Lord:

quote:

Rub ye not your ding-dongs together, for this is a false brotherhood. Chew thee not the root, nor have thy knob slobbered upon by thy brother, for this is also icky. Partaketh thee not in butt stuff, but rather herald the kingdom of God with compound fractures and traumatic brain injuries and take the Word wherever you goeth, ads you taketh thy nine into the nightclub.

You loving heathens.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Now I'm just a simple American who doesn't know much about European song contests, but didn't a bunch of monsters win one year? Who cares if a lady with a beard won?
A transexual won it back when I was a teenager and I don't remember anyone giving much of a gently caress then. The internet brings out the absolute worst in people and I don't know if it's better or worse now than it was ten years ago when we could pretend they were only talking so much poo poo because they had anonymity.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

Yeah, from what a minute on Wikipedia tells me, he's a cis dude, he uses female pronouns when in character, which I presume isn't very uncommon in drag stuff.

Then again, the kind of person who'd unironically write "throw trannies off a cliff" probably isn't too familiar with that sort of thing. On the bright side, two less idiots on my facebook.

Serperoth has a new favorite as of 11:11 on May 11, 2014

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

A new, previously undiscovered language? nope, just south wales.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Conchita-tears continue:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Here is a nice snippet of some casual racism shared by one of my (white as hell) high school teachers. But it's okay because Bill Cosby, a Black Person, said it.

I checked Snopes and he actually said it too :(

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kajeesus posted:

That's a joke account, hth

I don't know what's a joke or not when it comes to Tumblr anymore. :(

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

TinTower posted:

I'm so glad social media didn't exist back in 1998 when Dana International won. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yeah that was Lordi and it was hella awesome.

When I went on my Facebook today I had a few people get mad at the bearded lady, it felt really good to remove assholes and never needing to speak to them again.

• Locked thread