Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

Can't wait for this to start.

The worst part? I'm going on vacation back to Minnesota for 2 weeks on the 14th and I'm highly considering bringing my PS4 with instead of autoing games :suicide:

There is no autoing games. All 30 games will be available to play from the start to play in any order. We will not be done by the time you get back so you could theoretically not miss any games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If we do a Divisional setup that cuts the number of games per player to 14. That's a lot more manageable and would be a quicker season. I don't think it's fair to expect people to play more then one or two games a week. With a 30 game schedule the season could take literally months. Again, when I was planning this in my head I never expected a full 30 team league.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

davecrazy posted:

If we do a Divisional setup that cuts the number of games per player to 14. That's a lot more manageable and would be a quicker season. I don't think it's fair to expect people to play more then one or two games a week. With a 30 game schedule the season could take literally months. Again, when I was planning this in my head I never expected a full 30 team league.

I agree with the divisional setup. I feel like a lot of people are going to lose interest before we get 30 games deep.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

There is no autoing games. All 30 games will be available to play from the start to play in any order. We will not be done by the time you get back so you could theoretically not miss any games.

Oh, nice. In that case I probably won't bring it along then. I can just enjoy Target Field for reals then :v:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am down for whatever. I'd play 14 or 30 games even if I lose all of them.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'm going to set up a Divisional league and send out invites. I'll keep the other one open for now unless there's a massive groundswell for a 30 game round robin over a 14 game divisional.

I just think fewer games is better.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
With the new format, are we taking fewer games into the playoffs?

14 is probably the sweet spot, it would keep seasons about as long as our Madden seasons and I think that game has a good balance to keep people engaged.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

With the new format, are we taking fewer games into the playoffs?

14 is probably the sweet spot, it would keep seasons about as long as our Madden seasons and I think that game has a good balance to keep people engaged.

Actually playoffs will get a little longer. 10 teams will make the playoffs. Each series will be a one game series except the World Series which will be 3.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 8, 2014

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

definitely agree with going with several smaller leagues rather than one large. Things should go much smoother.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
What is this league's stance on beaning batters and constant sliding into first?

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

mikeycp posted:

What is this league's stance on beaning batters and constant sliding into first?

Pro. :getin:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I abandoned the round robin league.

You want to be in SAS Goons AL-NL

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
NL represent, DH is dumb :smuggo:

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Cant wait for this to start! Any idea when the rest of the invites are heading out?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Alright. Strap the gently caress in everybody.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Kanish posted:

Cant wait for this to start! Any idea when the rest of the invites are heading out?

Have you logged in to the game? If you have you should have gotten one. If not no way I can send it.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 8, 2014

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
5 more days.. My liver can't handle the wait.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
Put me on the waiting-list if someone dropsout, please.

PSN: Smashlampjaw

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Get ready Diamondbacks player. My bloody path to the bottom starts with you.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Where do we see invites for the league?

Also DH sucks, pitcher dingers own.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Popete posted:

Where do we see invites for the league?

Go to online franchise and look for invites there.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Have you logged in to the game? If you have you should have gotten one. If not no way I can send it.

Ive logged into lobbies and stuff to make sure they work, as well as the online franchise screen to see if I had any invites.

Is there something more specific I need to do?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

davecrazy posted:

I haven't gotten one either. I should be logged in, I've been playing most of the last two days.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Both you guys should have invites. Also, if you guys add me to your PSN friends list it makes it easier for md to invite you.

There are 17 outstanding invites.

8 people have accepted.

The rest need to buy/play the game.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 8, 2014

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

davecrazy posted:

Both you guys should have invites. Also, if you guys add me to your PSN friends list it makes it easier for md to invite you.

There are 17 outstanding invites.

8 people have accepted.

The rest need to buy/play the game.

Any openings? Would love to play with you guys again.

Psn: Utnayan

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Im in! lets get this going!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

10 outstanding invites. Some of you are online!!

Accept your invites.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

10 outstanding invites. Some of you are online!!

Accept your invites.

Sorry I was at REAL baseball practice. Which isn't that different than The Show cause I try to mash everything and throw the ball over 1st bases head.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been having internet issues for the past couple days, it seems like my internet only works when I'm not at home. I'm doing everything I can to get it working right now and as soon as it's working I'll accept my invite.

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Yah, sorry been very invested into RTTS. Will accept in the AM!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Accepted my invite, and am trying to figure out which batting and hitting control schemes I am not horrible at. Turns out it is none of them.

For the analog pitching, you always pull straight down then push up fast to the little target, not straight up, right?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Accepted my invite, and am trying to figure out which batting and hitting control schemes I am not horrible at. Turns out it is none of them.

For the analog pitching, you always pull straight down then push up fast to the little target, not straight up, right?

Pull back and push forward aiming for the target. You don't have to pull straight back, so if the target is to the right you can pull down to the left so your push up in a straight line.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I'd highly recommend that everyone wires their ps4s. It's wifi adapter is pretty crappy.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Tonight is the night!

40 oz of rum - Check
The Show - Check (after work)
1/4 oz of weed - Check

Gonna be a good night.

vvvv Will do tonight around 6 EST when I can grab this. (Barring what I hear is a long rear end install.) vvv

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 9, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

As of this morning we had 7 people who had yet to accept their invites.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

davecrazy posted:

As of this morning we had 7 people who had yet to accept their invites.

Thanks for adding me to Standby! Ready at your whim.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I just realized that I have no clue how to do baserunning outside of RttS. This is going to be interesting.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Ok, have 9 teams with no owner yet, 4 outstanding invites.

The 5 of you who claimed a team but haven't gotten an invite need to tell me when you have the game installed so I can send you one. Once we get into next week its going to be harder for me to keep 20+ people waiting on one person who hasn't gotten the game yet, especially with people on the waitlist.

e: I reordered the OP by league, so you can check at a glance who else is in your division.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 9, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

Ok, have 9 teams with no owner yet, 4 outstanding invites.

The 5 of you who claimed a team but haven't gotten an invite need to tell me when you have the game installed so I can send you one. Once we get into next week its going to be harder for me to keep 20+ people waiting on one person who hasn't gotten the game yet, especially with people on the waitlist.

e: I reordered the OP by league, so you can check at a glance who else is in your division.

I get to beat up The Piper in two different sports. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

When we're up and running you'll be able to check out schedules and stats here: http://theshownation.com/franchises/40024

Won't be accessible till we activate.

• Locked thread