Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

The game crashed in the top of the ninth between the Rockies (me) and the White Sox (jingleheimer). He was winning handily, so you can resolve it as a win for him.

I'm fine with the commissioner resolution, but Adam Dunn wants it known that he hit two bombs in the game and only struck out once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
All my guys are going to have zero stats. I'm 0-2 for games processing correctly on the server.

The core game is so good, but these loving bugs, oh my god.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 14, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SEA, HOU, OAK, and NYM, if anyone is available tonight for a game or games I'll be standing by online.

Edit: HOU's PSN, cab_oss, is not coming up when I search for him for a friend request.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

jabro posted:

SEA, HOU, OAK, and NYM, if anyone is available tonight for a game or games I'll be standing by online.

Let's attempt to do this.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

Let's attempt to do this.

Getting on now.

Graviolies
Mar 23, 2004

I'm done for the night Jabro but we can play tomorrow if you're available. That second SEA OAK game was an intense 1-0 with one hr in the top of the ninth being the only difference.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm fine with the commissioner resolution, but Adam Dunn wants it known that he hit two bombs in the game and only struck out once.

The strike out was so powerful it broke the game!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Fat Bartolo just no hit the Angles. Watch the server fail to record this one.

Graviolies
Mar 23, 2004

davecrazy posted:

I seen it I can testify.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

Good game. I couldn't pick up Colon's pitches for poo poo. He does this weird palm thing. It doesn't help that fact every single swing was very early or early. You pitched a hell of a game. Congrats.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

jabro posted:

Good game. I couldn't pick up Colon's pitches for poo poo. He does this weird palm thing. It doesn't help that fact every single swing was very early or early. You pitched a hell of a game. Congrats.

You got some terrible breaks from your defense. Also holy poo poo Trout has a cannon.

I'm annoyed I lost stats from two games due to the server failing to record the game.

Everybody is exiting out of the game to the menus before quitting right?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

That's what I did when I played you. Weird.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

ForbiddenWonder posted:

That's what I did when I played you. Weird.

Yeah there's no rhyme or reason to it, it seems. Just a hosed up bug.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a lot of fun with league tho.

december
Sep 28, 2001
The last two games I've played online have crashed with errors. One I played through with everything in red. I'm a bit worried to start games in the league while this is going on.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is around tonight and needs to play the CUBS I'll be on after 8 PM Central.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Popete posted:

If anyone is around tonight and needs to play the CUBS I'll be on after 8 PM Central.

Oooh, oooh! I'll make it a point to be on then. (psn: veddermatic - Yankees)

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

jabro posted:

I had the same problem with swinging early at literally every pitch against SEA last night. I usually have a tendency to swing late, so I'm wondering if this is some quirk of the lag correction code affecting our swing timings.

By the end of game 2, I was hitting "just early" and actually got a few balls into play, but I had to hit with what felt like late timing to do it.

Kakesu fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 14, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kakesu posted:

I had the same problem with swinging early at literally every pitch against SEA last night. I usually have a tendency to swing late, so I'm wondering if this is some quirk of the lab correction code affecting our swing timings.

By the end of game 2, I was hitting "just early" and actually got a few balls into play, but I had to hit with what felt like late timing to do it.

I think it's something with the network or something. When I started to hang back and wait I would constantly check swing even though I had the button fully pressed. This doesn't take anything away from Dave's no-hitter though. He was spot on all game and pitched a hell of a game. I had to take off my headset because I was cussing so much at Colon's delivery.

Dave, let's get our other games in tonight if your available.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

jabro posted:

I think it's something with the network or something. When I started to hang back and wait I would constantly check swing even though I had the button fully pressed. This doesn't take anything away from Dave's no-hitter though. He was spot on all game and pitched a hell of a game. I had to take off my headset because I was cussing so much at Colon's delivery.

Yeah, I was having a lot of check swings, too.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
It's finals week, and I have two substantial projects due Friday. Well, a draft for one of my semester long projects came back from my professor, and, well, the word "terrible" got used a lot. Combine that with the fact that I will be out of town this weekend, and well, I don't think I will be able to play until Sunday night. So, sorry to everyone that had me on their schedule this week.

The good news is I have no real time commitments starting next week, so this shouldn't happen again.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

jabro posted:

After the Mets game is over we can bang out both of them if you want. I didn't think there was any lag in our game last night at all, then again I play like 90% of my games online. I think whatever the 'normal' difference between offline and online just feels regular to me.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Hey anyone need to play the Marlins? Ill be on pretty much anytime tonight.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

-edit Apparently there is a talent show that my son is involved in that I am supposed to watch tonight. Doesn't look like I'll be playing tonight.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 14, 2014

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Looking to play padres/rockies/nats/phi tonight if they get on.

Graviolies
Mar 23, 2004

Oak, Tex, or LAA want to get some in tonight?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Ugh, 4 innings or so in with fightingunicorn (rockies) and I went to steal and he did a step off. My guy just warped to second and the game just had the fielding view and nothing would do anything. It wasnt frozen, just couldnt do anything.

Also, what the hell is wrong with outfield throws? So many times they went straight up only to warp somewhere instantly. I got thrown out at home from the wall because it warped in there.

Welp an overthrow at first somehow warped into 2nd base and i got thrown out.

Kanish fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 15, 2014

Graviolies
Mar 23, 2004

Kanish posted:

Ugh, 4 innings or so in with fightingunicorn (rockies) and I went to steal and he did a step off. My guy just warped to second and the game just had the fielding view and nothing would do anything. It wasnt frozen, just couldnt do anything.

Also, what the hell is wrong with outfield throws? So many times they went straight up only to warp somewhere instantly. I got thrown out at home from the wall because it warped in there.

I'm pretty sure that's latency effects that only happens to the offense. I haven't noticed any weird warping on D but when I'm batting the first baseman will catch the ball 10 fit from the bag and slide over, etc.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Graviolies posted:

Oak, Tex, or LAA want to get some in tonight?

I have the rest of my games against the Mets tonight. How about tomorrow night?

Graviolies
Mar 23, 2004

jabro posted:

I have the rest of my games against the Mets tonight. How about tomorrow night?

Sounds good to me! About the same time?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Popete posted:

I am on and ready to get my rear end kicked.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Graviolies posted:

I'm pretty sure that's latency effects that only happens to the offense. I haven't noticed any weird warping on D but when I'm batting the first baseman will catch the ball 10 fit from the bag and slide over, etc.

this makes baserunning horrible

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Kanish posted:

Welp an overthrow at first somehow warped into 2nd base and i got thrown out.

Yeah, the netcode for this game is kind of impressive of how lovely it is. I hit a ball in the gap and was at 3rd and the ball was being held by your cutoff guy and then I hear that he's out. That's on top of the crashes, the hitting lag, the lag when the ball first comes off the bat making the game skip. Woof.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Kanish posted:

this makes baserunning horrible

Fun thing is they designed it that way on purpose to cut down on freezing and crashes.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

Yeah, the netcode for this game is kind of impressive of how lovely it is. I hit a ball in the gap and was at 3rd and the ball was being held by your cutoff guy and then I hear that he's out. That's on top of the crashes, the hitting lag, the lag when the ball first comes off the bat making the game skip. Woof.

Haha i remember that, you paused it right after what I assume was throw your controller through the wall. Either way its infuriating.

And dont get me going about these menus :suicide:

Im trying to challenge you again, but the game is unable to automatically replace my injured 2b, so I have to go through each type of lineup to add one in.

Edit: Challenge sent

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Ok jabro, I'm getting on now.

I'll put my stream up. twitch.tv/dpcv8

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Kanish posted:

Haha i remember that, you paused it right after what I assume was throw your controller through the wall. Either way its infuriating.

And dont get me going about these menus :suicide:

Im trying to challenge you again, but the game is unable to automatically replace my injured 2b, so I have to go through each type of lineup to add one in.

Edit: Challenge sent

If my mic had been on, you would have heard me screaming at my tv, watching the replay and realizing it looked exactly the same as it did when it played, then swearing about that for another 30 seconds.

IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN DAMMIT

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

Ok jabro, I'm getting on now.

I'll put my stream up. twitch.tv/dpcv8

Give me about 40 minutes.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

gently caress you, Greg Dobbs.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

gently caress you, Greg Dobbs.

Our last game isnt showing up as even played, but the menus are going suuuper slow. How does it loon on your end?

Edit on the calender it only gives me a change to reset game, so it must take awhile to upload. In the meantime I cannot challenge again.

Anyway ill still be around, but its not letting me do league stuff, gg if we cant finsih out the series... that reliever you brought in the 8th killed you. Once you timed that 68 mph curveball I didnt have an out pitch anymore.

Kanish fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I'm going on now lets play video games

• Locked thread