Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
What also helps the DLC characters is that most of them appear at the start of Ch.1 and only a few appear later, so you'll have a large party once you get to the main game, assuming you bought all of them. Of course, now that HDD is feasible again, their lack of such hurts them a fair bit.

Oh, and don't forget about Neptunia U, which looks to be Senran Kagura: Neptunia Edition. Before you ask, no, it is not on the Wii U, though if that was the case I would laugh so loving hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Flytrap posted:

Well, I hope you learn to love them, because they're Plutia's only loving gags and they never loving die.

Counter to the love train for her that's going in this thread for her, I was completely sick of her before even the halfway point.

Like I said, I just want a little more variation. Neptune is one gag too. I mean, for example, take the end exchange. Let's change it up a bit. Originally, it was "I like poking things with needles" again.

Yep! I make one for everything that has become my friend.
Huh. Neatos! You like it?
Yeah. It makes me feel like my friends are always here with me! And they never get to leave. Never, ever...
Hmm, what’s this feeling…? I’m happy and stuff, but my spine is all tingly…

It's not the best, but you get the idea. Same theme, slightly different song.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Ozdhaka posted:

What also helps the DLC characters is that most of them appear at the start of Ch.1 and only a few appear later, so you'll have a large party once you get to the main game, assuming you bought all of them. Of course, now that HDD is feasible again, their lack of such hurts them a fair bit.

Oh, and don't forget about Neptunia U, which looks to be Senran Kagura: Neptunia Edition. Before you ask, no, it is not on the Wii U, though if that was the case I would laugh so loving hard.

I will say that one of this first wave of DLC characters is goddamn amazing, because they are one of two proper magic attackers we'll get for most of the game (Plutia is the other, which is why Plutia is the best character once the game starts actually giving her weapons or I say gently caress it and whip out my DLC weapons).

Saying gently caress it will happen eventually by the way because this game can be quite cruel and unfair at times and if it's punk it with DLC or grind I'mma punk it every time.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Are the archives down or something? I wanted to read the Mk2 LP (once I get done reading the original LP at the LP Archive), but I get the 'Database Unavailable' page when I try to visit the thread.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

FredMSloniker posted:

Are the archives down or something? I wanted to read the Mk2 LP (once I get done reading the original LP at the LP Archive), but I get the 'Database Unavailable' page when I try to visit the thread.

Yeah, Archives have been down for a while I think. No idea when they might be back.

I've got the update pretty much ready, I'll post it within the next hour or so.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Feinne posted:

The DLC character scenes are pretty cool because they're voiced and Neptune gets a few particularly out there lines in them that once again her voice actress attacks like killer bees.

Her line when MarvelousAQL appears is fantastic.

"DAYUM, those are some biiiiiig tittays!"

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Episode 4: The Plight of the Downloadable Content

Last time we ended up in a strange place and meeting some strange people. Now we’re going to pick up a bunch of DLC characters, which is quicker and easier than in prior games. This batch of six we just get from going into Planeptune repeatedly from the world map (that’s also why I just got them all out of the way here, otherwise they’d have been popping up all chapter and totally breaking the flow). All of these scenes are voiced, so I’ve got videos for them all.

Video Link- “Broccoli”

Watch

Ah-ha! A somewhat-familiar-looking middle aged man in a snappy suit!
Howdy-doody, Mister Izawa!
Izawa: Well, would you look at this! It’s the little lady!
It’s rare for you to talk to me, the guy in charge of Idea Factory’s advertising. Can I help you…?
With every single thing I do, ideally! But this franchise is known for having sexy DLC characters, right-a-roni?
I was hoping maybe you could slap those palms together and mumble a summon spell for one or two or…
Izawa: Uh-huh…
Well, I did just finish eating the lunch that was lovingly prepared for me. Shall we try summoning a girl?
Whoa, you’ll actually try!? Rad!
Can I ask for a new character? Someone like Mini-Histy, but who also looks cute and animal-like in a way.
But she absolutely has to have a really blunt way of pointing out people’s flaws!
Izawa: That went from vague to very, very specific. Well, we won’t know until we try, so let’s give it a go.

Squeee…!
Izawa:
Ba-dum, ba-dum!
Izawa: I CHOOSE YOU!

Where is this, nyu?
Ooooh man, cuteness overload! Hey, hey, what’s your name!?
Hmm. Broccoli. What’s yours, nyu?
Oh, I’m Neptune, but Neppermintunia works, too.
That’s too long, nyu.
Okay, so anyway, Puchiko…
Not Puchiko. Broccoli, nyu.
Let’s not split pears, okay? You’re small and cute and I’ve decided Puchiko is a better name.
You are terrible at listening, nyu.
Fine. You’re Nep, nyu.
You still haven’t told me where I am. This place is foreign to me, nyu.
Welcome to Planeptune!
Planetpo-…ow. I bit my tongue, nyu.
I was on my way to GAMERS. Now I’m in some weird girls’ town. What happened to me, nyu?
Uhhh, well… Hippity hoppity hoo.
Scoopity poopity, nyu.

Aww, flattery will get you nowhere.
It was an insult.
Cool. So anyway, Puchiko…
Not Puchiko, Broccoli, nyu. I already said this.
Don’t even trip, kiddo. To me, Puchiko will always be Puchiko.
Are you deaf or just an idiot, nyu?
When I get my eyes all up in your grill, Puchiko, you’re different than different people. So, you’re different?
Where I come from, I’m normal, nyu.
Whoa, we ripped you out of a pretty neat and interesting world, then.
You’re annoying, nyu.
But since this world interests me too, maybe I’ll help you for a bit, nyu.
Be grateful, nyu.
You will!? I’m grateful! Let’s be buds, Puchiko!
It’s Broccoli. Not Puchiko, nyu!

There’s not much interesting about Broccoli in game terms right now, though that’s not really a surprise since everyone comes at level 1. I never really used her much so I don’t really remember what all she’s about, I’ll give more thoughts on her in a couple chapters when she’s got skills and such.

Video Link- “Falcom?”

Watch

Huh? That black funeral getup-clad dude eating J-food on a park bench at noon on a weekday… He must be…!
Yay! Mister Izawa!
Izawa: Well ball my rice, it’s the little lady! Do you have some business with me this fine day?
Totes. This game’s all about the sexy girl DLC characters, right?
I want you to pop another one out of your loins or whatever!
Izawa: Uh, not how it works, but sure. Any requests?
Someone really strong, you know, like me. A tank character, ideally someone good with a sword!
Izawa: A sword-wielding tank character? Well, okay, I’ll give it a try.

Squeeeee!
Izawa:
Ba-dum, ba-dum…

We actually get some CG art this time to introduce another partially familiar face.

…Um, uh… Where am I…?
I mean, was I rescued?
I believe I was caught in a storm, and then I was tossed in the ocean. That’s when…I started drowning…
Ritualistic summoning success!
U-Um…
Name’s Neptune. Tell me yours in under five seconds, please!
Me? I’m the adventurer, Falcom.
Falcom, you say!? Let’s be adventuring chums!
Wait… Have I heard that name somewhere else…?
Oh, yeah! I think it’s the same as the girl who fought the Deity of Sin with me! But you’re way, like, not her.
Izawa: I would conjure up a guess that she isn’t the Falcom from your world, but the one from this world.
OIC. Since there’s another Noire here, it makes sense that other folks also exist here, too.
Um, excuse me for interrupting…
I was just drowning in the ocean, so could you explain how I got here, all of a sudden?
Glad you asked! Direct your cries of adulation and shirt-tearing joy to good ol’ Mister Izawa!
Izawa: I AM pretty impressive…
I was like, “pretty please kind sir, could you summon me a new friend?” And then he did it and stuff!
Summon!?
Yep, that’s the one.
I…really don’t understand. Could you go into more detail?

With that outta the way, I gotta ask you…please fight with us. I mean, as a buddy, not a jerk.
We need more dependable companions!
Sure, that’s fine.
I mean, coincidence or not, you did help me when I was drowning. It’s only right to return the favor!
Yay! Sweet. Okay, let’s get along!

This Falcom looks a bit younger but is about what you’d expect if you’re familiar with the Hyperdimension’s Falcom. As Neptune asked, she’s a tank character who uses a sword. She’s one of the most durable characters in the game even allowing for the fact that she can’t HDD. I’ll actually consider using her for really reals in a fight at some point instead of just bringing her out so you can see how she is like some of the others.

Video Link- “Cybercon”

Watch

Izawa: Um, the event just began. I don’t think you can say that to me and expect I know what’s going on.
Oh, you don’t know? Even though we have a deep, cryptic bond of destiny?
I bet that gave you shivers of excitement! So? Did it?
Izawa: Please stop bothering me while I’m trying to eat my lunch and just tell me what you want.
Uh, okay. Summon me up a new companion, chop-suey.
Izawa: I see, that’s what you want. I’ve actually been itching to serve you up some new DLC…
So allow me to summon up a very, very special girl!
Who else would be so rad but the noble Mister Izawa? Please, make her a strong one.
Izawa: Gwwooooooooooa…! I CHOOSE YOU!

Whoa, she looks tough like a cat!
Hey there, what’s your name?
I’m not giving my name to a stranger. You go first.
Sorry, I got a little too bedazzlered there.
I’m Neptune, the CPU of Planeptune!
I’m Cyberconnect2!
Cyberwhat2? Is that an online name? It’s too long, so I’m gonna call you Cybercon!
Ahaha, thanks. I get that reaction a lot.
Neptune, was it?
Sounds like you know how I ended up here… Mind sharing?

The screen fades briefly here, abstracting the explanation.

Was it really inconvenient to suddenly get ripped out of your reality and summoned into mine?
Honestly, it’s just surprising.
Still, color me intrigued. Getting wrapped up in something this neat doesn’t happen all too often.
Unknown country, unknown town… I’m sure some really cool games I’ve never played exist here, too!
And lots of dungeons and monsters and loot and stuff, so this promises to be a swell adventure!
The more I think about it, the more excited I get…
Wow, that’s some awesome positive thinking! I bet I can depend on you, even if the situation sucks!
Your words make my coming here entirely worth it, really.
I’m stocked that I summoned you. Let’s be great companions!
Yes, let’s!
Izawa: (But…I’m the one who summoned her…)

Cybercon is a close up physical attacker from what I recall. She’s another character whose specialty I don’t really remember, so I’ll have to get back to her later.

Video Link- “Marvy”

Watch

Actually, that guy wearing the all black mourning getup looks kinda familiar, in a way, maybe…?
OH I KNOW HIM! Hey, Meister Izawa!
Izawa: Well stripe my panties, if it isn’t the little lady! What can I do, a lowly advertising scrub, do for you?
Glad you asked. This game’s built on the idea of making DLC broads out of different game companies, right?
So basically, gimme one!
Izawa: Oh, I see. I’ll give it a try.
Really? Sweetness!
Oh, if possible, I want a neat ninjer-like girl, but here’s the catch – she needs massive jugs.
Izawa: Ah, a busty kunoichi, is it? It never hurts to try.
There! I CHOOSE YOU!

Izawa:
Huh? Uh, nothing’s happening, dude.
Izawa: That’s odd. I could have sworn I summoned someone right here.

Izawa: Sweet bouncing balloons!
Dayumn, those be some big tittays! Those may even rival Verts!
Hi, are you Neptune, by chance?
On most days. Neptune, the main character of all main characters, is one identity I identify with.
That’s so great! We meet at last!
Huh? You want something from me?
Uh-huh!
My ninja codename is MarvelousAQL, and I was dispatched from my ninja academy at Histoire’s request.
She said a lot of stuff has been going on, and she wanted me to help you out from the shadows.
Yeah, things have been pretty hardcore lately.
But on my way here, I got lost… And right when I thought it was all over for me…!
You were lucky enough to get chosen by Mister Izawa!
You betcha!
That’s swell. Can I tell you a question?
Hmm? What is it?
Marvelous AQL was your ninjer name, right? That’s long and weird to say, so can I call you Marvy, too?
We just met, and you’re already using a pet name for me. Well, I did figure it’d turn out this way.
Sure, I like Marvy myself, after all. Mind if I call you Neppy?
Sure, that’s a good one! Neppy is rad!
Okay, so like, let’s be buds, Marvy!
Uh-huh, same to you, Neppy!

Marvy is actually pretty good, because she gets a lot of elemental attacks in her combo and therefore can be set up to really mess up specific strong enemies. I seem to recall she’s also got a lot of status infliction, and if you can get a status to stick on an enemy they are certainly pretty brutal.

Video Link- “MAGES.”

Watch

Izawa: Why, if it isn’t the little lady! What kind of summon would you like me to perform today?
Someone dependable, por favor.
We don’t have many sweet magic users, so I want a magician who’s smart and has a mysterious aura and stuff!
Uh, but that’s not to say I find Plutie and them folks unreliable.
Izawa: I see. A mage, then? I hope to fulfill your every desire.
I’m counting on you to impress the thigh-highs off me, Mister Izawa! Rock this boat!

They got me. I was surrounded by a bright light, and now I’m standing in an unfamiliar land.
This could be the Organization’s plot. I need to investigate with deep thinking and much celerity.
Ce-Celery…?
I must also pray for fortuitousness. Loohcs tneve emag noitamina cisum.
Ahh.
Tch. Who are you people?
Call me Neptune! This here is Summoning Meisterman Izawa.
Izawa: Domo. Izawa desu.
I wanted a new party member, so I asked Mister Izawa to summon me someone rad.
I see. Then you called me here.
So what’s your name, lady?
My name, you ask? Yes, of course… You can call me MAGES..
Mages?
MAGES..
Oh, so I gotta shout it out or whatever. MAGES, right?
MAGES. I said!
You did not say it with a period at the end. Do not forget it, as it is part of my proper name.
But I don’t think that matters… Well, whatever. Since you’re my magician, I’ll call you The Mage!
How dare you…! You called yourself Neptune, did you not?
Yeah, that’s my name, don’t wear it outside! I’m the main character of all main characters! Neptune!
You seem to understand this situation better than I. I would ask you to explain it.

Now I understand why I was called to this world.
Actually, the moment you summoned me, I was researching a way to overcome timespace.
A mere postulation, but I was about to test my timeleap magic when a middle-aged man simultaneously…
Activated his summoning ability. No matter the case, our powers grew entwined and I appeared here.
Overcome timespace? Timeleap!? Magicians can do that sorta stuff, too!?
Do not label me as a mere magician. As the one chosen by fate, I also contain immense scientific knowledge.
I am uniquely qualified to combine science and magic into a new form. I am also called the Mad Magician.
Oh, we got us a psycho magician!
So you’re just gonna use your time warp music or whatever to go back to your laboratory?
No. That is impossible.
I am still in the midst of my research and have yet to complete the method for timeleap magic.
As aforementioned, my latest test was affected by the summon, so I was unable to complete the timeleap.
Oh, I see. I thought you might be able to catapult me back home…
Hmph. Worry not.
I am certain I can unravel this man’s method and make such a skill my own, making the impossible possible.
The mad magician MAGES. shall find a way to complete timeleap magic and get you back to your own world!

MAGES. is pretty much amazing. It’s not just that her attacks are all magic based (most enemies have poo poo magic defense in Victory), her attack area is actually at a significant range from her body. Being able to regular attack from outside where enemies can retaliate is pretty much amazing and I’m going to be using MAGES. quite a bit.

Video Link- “Tekken”

Watch

Izawa: Well, well, it’s the little lady! I figured you’d interrupt my lunch, so I summoned a girl for you already.
Oh, and that’s why you make major coin! You should totally get promoted to Lord of the Summoning Department!
Izawa: Please come with me.

Uh, Taken…?
Riddle decrypted! You’re that cool actor from that movie where you throat chop everyone to rescue your daughter!
But wow, I never thought under all that middle-aged man makeup, you’d be a chick! Now I feel like an uncle’s monkey!
Izawa: Um, no, that’s a different person. And an actual man, no less… Who’s in charge of your education…?
U-Um, Mister Izawa told me that you come here looking for new friends…
I’m still in training, but I’ll do my very best to be of use to you. S-So… L-Let’s get along, okay?
Consider it done! We are getting along!
Or, I’d like to say that, but can you –really- fight monsters?
Honestly, you look kinda frail. And lookit how your triceps jiggle. See? Wattle, wattle…
Ehehehe. I get that a lot, actually.
But even though I look like this, I’m actually very tough.
Okay, then shatter this tree with a single punch.
…Um?
Hmm? Is something amiss?

But if you want me to do it, I guess I have to comply…
W-Well, don’t force yourself… I mean, I don’t wanna see you wreck your fists or whatever…
NO! This is my opportunity to show you my ability as a martial artist! So… Please let me do this!
Okay, don’t let me stop you, then.
All right… Here I go!
Mmph.
Owwy, it hurts so bad! My hand is vibrating…!
Methinks this broad needs a psych eval.
Izawa: Well, the sun is setting, so I should head home. I want to depart with the dramatic image of walking into the sunset.
Wait, the tree’s falling over! Onto me! GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Tekken is an up close damage dealer, she punches things. I’m pretty sure she’s actually pretty good, but we get a lot of characters like her so I probably won’t do that much with her.

Anyway that’s the update, we’ll pick the plot back up next time and maybe get introduced to some villains or something.

Next Time on Victory: The Plight of a Little Girl

McGwee
May 1, 2012

Cyberconntect2 are the people who make .//hack right? Oh and Marvy is the people who made Rune Factory? Very cool!

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

MAGES. turns out to be the new parent company of 5pb. after a merger in '11.

And Broccoli is a publishing company that owns a chain of stores called Gamers, hence what Broccoli said.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Feinne posted:

MAGES. turns out to be the new parent company of 5pb. after a merger in '11.

I figured that whole conversation sounded like a nod to Steins;Gate, so that makes sense. I assume this means no 5pb this time around?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

I figured that whole conversation sounded like a nod to Steins;Gate, so that makes sense. I assume this means no 5pb this time around?

Nope, only one of the side characters from one of the prior games shows up again in this and it's not her. Later on we'll get Hyperdimension Falcom for crazy double Falcom action.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

McGwee posted:

Cyberconntect2 are the people who make .//hack right? Oh and Marvy is the people who made Rune Factory? Very cool!

Cyberconnect2 are indeed the .hack// people. Incidentally, Marvelous AQL also makes Senran Kagura, which seems to be the franchise they chose to represent themselves for Neptunia. It makes sense, considering what that franchise is.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Did Izawa's VA also voice Bang from Blazblu? They sound really similar. Also "Well, stripe my panties" being said by a grown man should be creepy as hell, but something about the context is so absurd it's just hilarious instead.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha oh man MAGES. is pretty much straight-up female HOUOUIN....KYOUMA and that's amazing. I wish she was the main character.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Yeah, MAGES. is basically glued to my front line at this point, same with Nep. Having someone able to attack from a far distance really loving helps.

What also makes Marvelous useful is her ridiculous AGI, which gives her first shot on many enemies. I'm a little underwhelmed on her actual attacking stats, but then again she didn't receive the same amount of fight time or care as Nep did.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Liking all the DLC characters so far, do they get more events later on?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Liking all the DLC characters so far, do they get more events later on?

Yeah, we'll see more with them later.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Are you sure that Gust had nothing to do with this game? Cause that was pretty loving Gust. Pease tell me CC2 has Data Drain :allears:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I don't know what I was expecting, but a DiGi Charat cameo wasn't it. That seems a bit dated, the show was from over a decade ago.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

SSNeoman posted:

Are you sure that Gust had nothing to do with this game? Cause that was pretty loving Gust. Pease tell me CC2 has Data Drain :allears:

I'll let you know when she gets some levels, when everyone who isn't named MAGES. can do something interesting I'll do a big post about all our characters.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
So is Tekken supposed to be Namco-Bandai?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That was... an odd way to introduce a bunch of characters. I don't know if something can be too self-aware while still doing what it does. I wonder if the advertising guy is an inside joke in the company.

Outside of Tekken and Falcom I didn't recognize anyone so most of the possible references or jokes just flew past me(save for the lamer characterization ones). Except the Liam Neeson one, that one was just... that had to be localized or something.
Does Neptune get off on being insulted or something, because she really seems to enjoy people that obviously hate her guts. Or rather, enjoys ignoring everything they say.

EDIT: Trying to read sentences with MAGES. in them without stopping at that period every time is gonna be tough.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
Just in case you can't tell what kind of games Marvelous AQL makes...

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
Interesting lineup. Only ones I can recognize (that weren't already spelled out) are CC2 and Falcom. Falcom is great. I never actually bought any of the DLC for any of the games, so it'll be interesting to see what they all do. Being stuck with only IF and Compa for almost all of HN1 is sorta painful since you can't bust out any crazy ridiculous switch-combos until after you recruit the other CPUs. Do the other DLC characters come in this way, because if I had to guess it'd be no since I'm also going to guess that Compa and IF are also DLC characters

Alternate Noire's outfit seems out-of-place for someone of her...personality trait. As for Plutia, my thoughts are hard to put into words aside from just works. Then she transforms :gonk:

A Pleasant Hug fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 14, 2014

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

There's still one more DLC character for Mister Izawa to summon, they just aren't available in Chapter 1. There are also two other DLC characters who won't be playable until we progress significantly in the story.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I didn't realize there was that much character DLC. Looks like quite a few Japanese game developers want a piece of that Neptunia pie.

I would not be surprised in the next major entry featured a Square Enix girl who looks exactly like Lightning. It would be a good start for Square to start infecting the rest of the industry with more Lightning.

Do the DLC character have access to all their weapons at the shop as soon as you recruit them. Good way of breezing through the early game without having to purchase more DLC packs.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Lord Ephraim posted:

I didn't realize there was that much character DLC. Looks like quite a few Japanese game developers want a piece of that Neptunia pie.

I would not be surprised in the next major entry featured a Square Enix girl who looks exactly like Lightning. It would be a good start for Square to start infecting the rest of the industry with more Lightning.

Do the DLC character have access to all their weapons at the shop as soon as you recruit them. Good way of breezing through the early game without having to purchase more DLC packs.

Nope, this time their new weapons unlock in a more sane fashion. Otherwise as soon as I hit a certain point in the game I'd be able to easily purchase their best available weapons, because getting effectively infinite money in this game is really, really easy if you know the trick.

Like I hesitate to even call it a trick, because it's not like you're breaking the game in any way to make it happen. You're just taking advantage of the fact that it's very easy to collect something in a dungeon that, when combined with something relatively inexpensive in the shop, is worth a truly grotesque amount of money to resell.

I have to think it's intentional, too, because the game has lots of things to spend basically arbitrary amounts of money on.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 14, 2014

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

Lord Ephraim posted:

I thought for a moment that MAGES was representing Square, because of her black hat that was covered in zipper looking things and talking cryptically about "The Organization"

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011

Lord Ephraim posted:

Actually there is a character that represents Final Fantasy that looks a lot like Lightning in the Noire spinoff game.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

megamariox posted:

Actually there is a character that represents Final Fantasy that looks a lot like Lightning in the Noire spinoff game.

Holy gently caress a Neptunia SRPG for the Vita featuring numerous parodies of the characters of major game series is an amazing concept and I'm goddamn pumped about the future prospect of it.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

If the new girl is anything like her anime incarnation as her transformed state, I can't wait to see her transform. She will be the best character.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
Broccoli is known for the Digi Chara series, so of course they put Puchi- I mean a cat girl named Broccoli in.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

FrantzX posted:

Just in case you can't tell what kind of games Marvelous AQL makes...

In their defense, they did make Rune Factory 4 so it's not all bad.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
I vote for changing Broccoli's avatar to her tiny-eyed, "how can this even be?" look, just because that seems like it'll be the most appropriate.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Buried alive posted:

I vote for changing Broccoli's avatar to her tiny-eyed, "how can this even be?" look, just because that seems like it'll be the most appropriate.

I might actually do that for the image in the cast, because yeah that face is hilarious.

I'm mostly done Chapter 1 I think in my recording, I'm hoping to get the rest of it in the can tomorrow. We've got like 2-3 updates of it depending on how much is left unrecorded.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
It's a good face, I got to admit.

And yeah, I'm kind of pumped about Noire's SRPG coming out May 29. Hopefully Sting does a good job with it.

Ozdhaka fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 14, 2014

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I did in fact replace the image of Broccoli in the OP with that, because it owns.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I just recorded the rest of Chapter 1 and the start of Chapter 2 and I got the screens for the next update earlier, it may end up slipping to Friday because it's quite a bit of content. We'll see if I can manage the time for it tomorrow.

I'm also finally in the really fun part of the game where it just sort of lets you dick around and do what you feel like, I pretty much love this game entirely because it straight up encourages you not to worry too much about advancing the plot and instead wants you to just take it easy like the main characters do. I'll be doing a LOT of farming and dickin' around and I'll use it to provide some things like bonus videos of fights with the Risky Foes and going over how we actually do some of the quests we get/get the weird items we need for crafting that we can't ever seem to find (the answer is you consult this fuckin' awesome spreadsheet someone provided me with in the mk2 thread).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh man, Neptunia Victory! I was eagerly waiting for this.

Those DLC scenes were pretty funny, with how apparently the fourth wall didn't exist for a period of time there. That said...that's a lot of DLC and that's not all of it? Seems this game would cost you quite a bit of money to 100%...

Even moreso, I don't see a certain, really important character here. Where the hell's Nisa?! Please don't tell me she got cut, she was my favourite character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh man, Neptunia Victory! I was eagerly waiting for this.

Those DLC scenes were pretty funny, with how apparently the fourth wall didn't exist for a period of time there. That said...that's a lot of DLC and that's not all of it? Seems this game would cost you quite a bit of money to 100%...

Even moreso, I don't see a certain, really important character here. Where the hell's Nisa?! Please don't tell me she got cut, she was my favourite character.

No Nisa, because NIS wasn't directly involved in making this one. We can hope she'll be back for Victory 2 or the Noire SRPG though.

• Locked thread