Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Residence: Chicago!

Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: It seems neat, I can show off my chops as a master manipulator and so on.

Why I think I am going to win the game: I like me. I like my chances. I am a happening guy who makes things happen.

The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: The Mod Forum, defending your right to post these games from a cruel admin structure that only loves evil.

What can you expect from me in this game as a player: I make a lot of poor life choices sometimes. I bet some of those could be entertaining.

My best buddy on these forums is: Oh man, if I pick someone then I not only mark them for death at the hands of my many enemies, but I slight all the others. You are all my buddies, my beloved fellow goons, and I am honored to shepherd you through these trying times.

What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: I had a bunch of goofy answers here, but probably buy crap for my kid. She needs crap!

If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with _______ talking about : Herman Melville, so we could talk about whaling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Winson_Paine posted:

Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: It seems neat, I can show off my chops as a master manipulator and so on.

Why I think I am going to win the game: I like me. I like my chances. I am a happening guy who makes things happen.

The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: The Mod Forum, defending your right to post these games from a cruel admin structure that only loves evil.

What can you expect from me in this game as a player: I make a lot of poor life choices sometimes. I bet some of those could be entertaining.

My best buddy on these forums is: Oh man, if I pick someone then I not only mark them for death at the hands of my many enemies, but I slight all the others. You are all my buddies, my beloved fellow goons, and I am honored to shepherd you through these trying times.

What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: I had a bunch of goofy answers here, but probably buy crap for my kid. She needs crap!

If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with _______ talking about : Herman Melville, so we could talk about whaling.

I drunk PM'd you from my phone on my birthday. How am I not your best buddy?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

windshipper posted:

I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS

also that was a nice PM

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

windshipper posted:

Suckup

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Man, I'm a bit anxious about the challenge tomorrow, especially since archives are down and all. Can anybody help out with examples of what's gone down in the past?

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Off the top of my head, I remember:
1. a REALLY long game of battleship
2. a cooperation game where members of a tribe had to post one word of a paragraph at a time, quoting the previous person. If the tribe got crossed up and had two people post the same word they had to start over
3. Getting high scores on a couple of flash games
4. Creative efforts like making a better tribe banner

I remember most if not all of the challenges were kind of suited to the forum theme, so god only knows what a BYOB challenge looks like.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Winson_Paine posted:

:munch: between you, me, poque, merk, and power of pecota, we have a chicago AS meetup waiting to happen :munch:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pander posted:

:munch: between you, me, poque, merk, and power of pecota, we have a chicago AS meetup waiting to happen :munch:

:munch: yeah seriously, this needs to happen. :munch:

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
hey guys! ok so this isnt mafia in the sense of no scum, right?? go herf

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
Ooo a mod is playing here, maybe I'll capitalize ~ and punctuate!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Disco Spider posted:

Off the top of my head, I remember:
1. a REALLY long game of battleship
2. a cooperation game where members of a tribe had to post one word of a paragraph at a time, quoting the previous person. If the tribe got crossed up and had two people post the same word they had to start over
3. Getting high scores on a couple of flash games
4. Creative efforts like making a better tribe banner

I remember most if not all of the challenges were kind of suited to the forum theme, so god only knows what a BYOB challenge looks like.

DONNY! :argh:

I messed it up the next season

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hey guys, I've gotten this question a number of times, so I'll clarify it here.

In this game, you can ONLY communicate with fellow tribemates outside of the thread, and inside the thread, you cannot strategize or send messages or anything with people not in your tribe. Cross tribe strategization is EXTREMELY against the rules. You are absolutely free to PM/IM/Write a letter to anyone on the same tribe as you, however! And of course, when the tribes do merge, you can speak to anyone you want anyway you want, as long as they're still in the game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

Man, I'm a bit anxious about the challenge tomorrow, especially since archives are down and all. Can anybody help out with examples of what's gone down in the past?

It's an all original challenge.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Pander posted:

poo poo really? Man, that would be AGAINST THE RULES and Cena would probate us

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

poo poo really? Man, that would be AGAINST THE RULES and Cena would probate us

i would just plant drugs in panders car and narc on im

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I just read all the bios, as in, not just my tribe, and...

...really?!

Am I seriously the only chick in on this?!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Propaganda Machine posted:

I just read all the bios, as in, not just my tribe, and...

...really?!

Am I seriously the only chick in on this?!

So much for the dreaded female alliance! That's ok, though, if we throw a wig and a tubetop on bowmore, I've heard he can be rather fetching.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Chicks schmicks. We need more Canadians up in here!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm Minnesotan, so that's like half Canadian, right?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I heard chicks have cooties.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Poque posted:

:munch: yeah seriously, this needs to happen. :munch:

Pecota is in Evanston, we should go up to buff joes and eat wings and drink.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Winson_Paine posted:

Pecota is in Evanston, we should go up to buff joes and eat wings and drink.

:munch: I'm in the city so anywhere is easy

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Poque posted:

:munch: I'm in the city so anywhere is easy

For a long time I thought I was the only goon who said they lived in Chicago who actually, like, lived in Chicago.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Winson_Paine posted:

For a long time I thought I was the only goon who said they lived in Chicago who actually, like, lived in Chicago.

"I'm in Chicago" *lives in Merrillville, Indiana*

but no, bucktown.

:munch:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Poque posted:

"I'm in Chicago" *lives in Merrillville, Indiana*

but no, bucktown.

:munch:

Woah, you can pay for our drinks when we go out Mr. Moneybags. We were in Ravenswood, then North Center. Now we are no longer in city, abloo.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I heard the hurf tribe called the durf tribe losers

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
The ugly truth is they're both losers.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
True.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

At least hurf and durf are actual words and not a prefix that requires more syllables to finally become one.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

IcePhoenix posted:

At least hurf and durf are actual words and not a prefix that requires more syllables to finally become one.

Take that back you whore.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Your Personal Muse posted:

Take that back you whore.

Awww, did he hit a sore spot?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We've been strategizing nonstop over in our base camp. Ya'll nonhurfers can get hosed.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

hurf and durf are actual words

What has the internet done to us?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Byers2142 posted:

Awww, did he hit a sore spot?

De is a perfectly fine word usable in many circumstances, unlike some words (your dumb camp name)

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Chili posted:

We've been strategizing nonstop over in our base camp. Ya'll nonhurfers can get hosed.

What the gently caress is a base camp!? Did you notify the Probsts about this poo poo?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Is this challenge for reward? I could really use a tarp.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Your Personal Muse posted:

De is a perfectly fine word usable in many circumstances, unlike some words (your dumb camp name)

Maybe if you're loving French.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

OKAY YOU GUYS, IT'S TIME FOR THE FIRST TRIBAL IMMUNITY CHALLENGE!

Immunity is important. It's the only thing that ensures you don't get voted out at Tribal Council. In this part of the game, we're playing for TRIBAL Immunity. If you hold Tribal Immunity, you avoid Tribal Council. Normally, with three tribes, the first two to win are safe, and the tribe that comes in third would lose. However, today, that is not the case. Only the first place winner will come off with Immunity. The TWO losing tribes will attend Tribal Council, and vote somebody out.

This is a game that really leaves things to chance. You're basically playing Rock, Paper, and Scissors. The way this works, we will play it in six heats. Based on a predetermined order, you will PM me either Rock, Paper, or Scissors. If your choice beats a player's choice, you get a point. If it beats both players choices, you get two points. If all three of you cancel out, nobody gets a point. If you lose, you get no points. Tribe with the most points at the end of this challenge will win. And just to make sure everyone knows how Rock/Paper/Scissors works, Rock beats Scissors, Scissors beats Paper, Paper beats Rock.

Here are the heats:

Round 1: Dhaes vs Windshipper vs Majuju
Round 2: Sandwolf vs Your Personal Muse vs Winson_Paine
Round 3: Bowmore vs Disco Spider vs Bysers2142
Round 4: Fast Luck vs Wolery vs Propaganda Machine
Round 5: Chili vs Skinty McEdgar vs IcePhoenix
Round 6: Mr. Maltose vs The Goog vs CapnAndy

I'll post when the round starts. To speed things up, just input your choice in the subject line. Don't submit before your round.

ROUND ONE: START

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
No way am I picking scissors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I believe in you Majuju

• Locked thread