Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes for Sandwolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Three votes for Sandwolf, no votes yet cast for anyone else.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

First person voted out of Awful Survivor: BYOB...

Sandwolf, that's four votes, and tonight that's enough. Time to bring me your torch.

The tribe has spoken. It's time for you to go.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

:munch: Don't make that stupid fish face from Wednesday's comic at me. :munch:

E: Also Cena send me a link to the viewer's vista for frick's sake

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

John Cena posted:

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the next player eliminated. If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol, and you want to play it, now would be the time to do so.

*...*

Alright, let's get to it.

That's one vote for Sandwolf.

John Cena posted:

Two votes for Sandwolf

John Cena posted:

Three votes for Sandwolf, no votes yet cast for anyone else.

John Cena posted:

First person voted out of Awful Survivor: BYOB...

Sandwolf, that's four votes, and tonight that's enough. Time to bring me your torch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Tm0SQT7N4

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Power of Pecota posted:

:munch: me too please :munch:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

:zombie:

Somehow this game was my first thought waking up in the hospital, and I cannot espouse the amount of dread that washed over me. C'est la vie.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Somehow this game was my first thought waking up in the hospital, and I cannot espouse the amount of dread that washed over me. C'est la vie.

Pardon me, I'm gonna go on a guilt trip.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

What happened bud? Send me a PM

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So does this count as a Medivac, or a typical early boot for a tribe member getting obviously sick? :v:

Hope everything's okay, Sandwolf.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's a decent case of "poo poo happens"

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I am such an rear end in a top hat.

:cripes:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This game has a curse. Yowza. Hope you get better Sandwolf.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Sandwolf posted:

:stare:

I hope you are okay...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hope you are okay Sandwolf!

John Cena posted:

In the mean time, please send any confessionals or anything on your mind you want posted in the Viewer's Vista to Asiina.

Also everyone should do this. It's not required but regular confessionals are great for the viewers, and they'll be fun for you guys to read when the game is over.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Asiina posted:

Hope you are okay Sandwolf!

Also everyone should do this. It's not required but regular confessionals are great for the viewers, and they'll be fun for you guys to read when the game is over.

Does it have to be a council thing, or can I do it too?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Sandwolf posted:

Holy poo poo dude, get better. Take care of yourself man.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Power of Pecota posted:

:munch: Don't make that stupid fish face from Wednesday's comic at me. :munch:

Hey we are having a meetup at Buffalo Joes apparently, Poque is paying

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:munch: what no i'm busy that day i have to wash my....money

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

Does it have to be a council thing, or can I do it too?

Nope, anyone can send them at any time.

If you start sending multiple confessionals a day I might ask you to scale it back, but sending one per 3 day cycle is usually good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Viewers and non De Tribe members, please PM me questions to be asked at tonight's Tribal Council.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey guys, just want to clarify, cuz I feel bad you're all being so sweet. I'm fine, I was just really drunk, my friend made some poor decisions re: substances that required him being sent to the hospital, and I accompanied him, so I woke up in a lovely chairbed in the hospital. Thanks so much for the kind words though, sorry for causing any fuss. :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad it wasn't something more serious!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:munch:

It's ok guys! You're not assholes!

:munch:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Everybody take a torch, dip it in the fire, it's time for Tribal Council. Here, you have to answer for the actions you've taken in this game. Tonight is where one of you will be voted out. This is the last place you want to find yourself in this game. Being at Tribal Council puts you at risk of going home, and a spot further away from the $75 grand prize.

During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on. Similarly, I ask that players who are not part of the tribe attending Tribal Council to refrain from posting while it's going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting at 6:30 or when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

To Skinty and Wolery:
You guys aren't players who live in North America, and have the disadvantage of being many timezones apart from the majority of other players, let alone the majority of your tribe. How do you plan to cope with this and work around it to better your game?

To Winsdshipper:
You seem to have a bit of a history with some of the players on this tribe. How does that factor with your potential standing in this game? Does it help to see a familiar face in a game as strange as this, or do you see them as potential targets who put your game at risk?

To Your Personal Muse:
It's a close one when it comes to Winson_Paine, but you have the best avatar in this game. Not a question.

To The Goog
You're playing, similarly to Wolery and Skinty, with a bit of a time disadvantage. What steps do you feel you need to take to overcome this and adapt? Do you see it as potentially a positive?

To Disco Spider:
How does it feel being on a tribe where in your position, normally your placement in the challenge would have meant safety, but because of the first twist, it resulted in coming here to Tribal? Do you feel like you're on a tribe of losers?

To All:
Do you feel morally superior to the Hurfs who voted out a guy in the hospital?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

John Cena posted:

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

To Windshipper:
You seem to have a bit of a history with some of the players on this tribe. How does that factor with your potential standing in this game? Does it help to see a familiar face in a game as strange as this, or do you see them as potential targets who put your game at risk?

I think it can help. It can also hurt since they know my tendencies, but on the whole I think it helps my standing. The fact that they somewhat know me and how I operate means that they can tell when to trust me or when to not trust me, which forces me to be open and honest. This then helps foster relationships and helps us to make decisions together.

In the end, it helps to see familiar faces

Johnny Boy posted:

To All:

We are not such callous dickbags as those Hurfs. We are open and supportive of our members in all their endeavors. In addition, we also had all members present for the challenge.

We are superior in every way.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

John Cena posted:

To Skinty and Wolery:
You guys aren't players who live in North America, and have the disadvantage of being many timezones apart from the majority of other players, let alone the majority of your tribe. How do you plan to cope with this and work around it to better your game?
I'll answer your question wih a question. Where exacly do you think Canada is on the world map? :v:

quote:

To All:
I don't even know who's getting voted out yet. What if we vote someone out and it turns out they're an orphan with no legs who has to raise 7 younger siblings on their own despite only being 10 years old? Boy would I feel like a heel.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

John Cena posted:

To Disco Spider:
How does it feel being on a tribe where in your position, normally your placement in the challenge would have meant safety, but because of the first twist, it resulted in coming here to Tribal? Do you feel like you're on a tribe of losers?

Well it's a shame that this week was a twofer for Tribal but that's just bad luck, as was our performance during the challenge. I'm certainly not reading too much into a rock paper scissors game. That said, as much as I would fit in on a tribe of losers, everyone on De seems pretty great!

John Cena posted:

To All:

Duh.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Thankfully it hasn't meant too much of a shift for me. I have flexible working hours anyway, and my girlfriend currently stays in a completely different time zone, so as a result I'm used to late nights and a sleeping pattern that revolves around power naps and sleeping at odd hours. I'm honestly not that worried about it being a problem.

Also I really love coffee and have stocked up on supplies for the length of this contest. Expect me to be buzzing around like a caffinated bee for the forseeable future.

Well of course. But I try not to judge the Hurf's too badly, for they can't help being Hurf's. It's just the way they were made.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Players, it is now time to vote. Using the template above, write down on the parchment and PM to me who on your tribe you wish to vote out. Do not post who you are voting. Unless you are answering questions, you cannot post in this thread until after the votes are revealed. You have until 12:00AM tonight to cast your votes.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

John Cena posted:

To Your Personal Muse:
It's a close one when it comes to Winson_Paine, but you have the best avatar in this game. Not a question.

That's actually why I was so good at Rock, Paper, Scissors, MSPaint Jeff. My avatar gives me powers.

John Cena posted:

To All:
I feel morally superior to the Hurfs no matter what. I wandered over to their camp the other day in search of some seashells for my underground black market arts n' crafts business and I saw them, get this, kicking puppies. Just going to town on them. Calling them names while they did it too. It was despicable.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

John Cena posted:

To The Goog
You're playing, similarly to Wolery and Skinty, with a bit of a time disadvantage. What steps do you feel you need to take to overcome this and adapt? Do you see it as potentially a positive?

I need to make it a priority to get to this thread as quickly as I can when I get home from work. I've done that, I can continue to do that, and I will continue to do that.

Is it an advantage? It can be. A lot of that depends on the nature of the challenges. If a challenge is "first one to do _ wins," then I'm in trouble. But if there's a challenge where I can watch other competitors try, and fail, and learn something from them, then yes.

quote:

To All:

No. I probably wouldn't have voted for him in the very first round, but at the same time, you have to play for the sake of the tribe and also yourselves. Helping the tribe avoid being sent to tribal council is the best way to stave off elimination for as long as possible.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

waiting on one more vote :sax:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the next player eliminated. If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol, and you want to play it, now would be the time to do so.

*...*

Alright, let's get to it.

That's one vote for Wolery.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One vote Wolery, one vote The Goog

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One vote Disco Spider, one vote Googert, one vote Wolery

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes Wolery, one vote Goog, one vote Disco Spider

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Second person voted out of Awful Survivor: BYOB...

Wolery, that's three votes, and with the split we have, that's enough. You need to bring me your torch.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Next challenge will take place Sunday at 7:00 PM. However, only four players from each tribe will need to participate! You have plenty of time to mull over who will get to play. When you've decided on a roster, please write it in the Treemail tab of your doc. Thank you~!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
7 pm on Mother's Day seems like it could have a lot of scheduling conflicts, I think?

• Locked thread