Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I got the season 2 DVDs yesterday! The commentary is really good. I was underwhelmed by the season 1 commentary, and season 1 in general doesn't hold up very well now because season 2 was SO much better. The s2 commentary is great though. I love that they don't try to I guess recreate the episodes. They have characters on but so far (I'm a few episodes in) it's mostly just characters they think up on the fly. It's more like a more laid back version of the podcast than dvd commentary. Mostly because they hardly ever comment on the episodes. :laffo:

Also there's a 45 min talkback of the musical episode with Casey Wilson, Dame Sir Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber and the a phantom. It's pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The last three episodes of this show have been fuckin' amazing.

and the season 2 extras sound fantastic. really hope I can find a way to get em.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
That episode was great.

Also, that preview showing that next week has Warner Herzog has me really excited.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I'm still waiting for the day they get the actual, real Werner Herzog on the show.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I'm still waiting for the day they get the actual, real Werner Herzog on the show.

Now that would be an episode of Two Straight Men.

"I feel as though I carry some sense of duty, or honor, as a filmmaker, to tell an objective truth. To the listener, you should know that this 'Melissa Wompler' is neither obese nor hairless, she is in front of me and is an attractive woman of normal proportions.

I can not understand her insistence to tell you otherwise."

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The photo they used for Mavis made me laugh as hard as the rest of the bit.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
That was really great. Just about everything worked there. I really enjoyed that brief moment between Warner Herzog and Allison Brie.

Also, coming out of break with Warner Herzog reading his review of the Hotel Majestic was incredible.

thefncrow fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 4, 2014

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
That review was one of the best moments in the live CBB show in SF.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Unshitted rear end Shites

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I just really prefer when they don't have an intrusive framing device like the reviewer or the clip show. I pretty much don't like anything that takes time away from the interview. I think that's the funniest part of the show.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ThatPazuzu posted:

I just really prefer when they don't have an intrusive framing device like the reviewer or the clip show. I pretty much don't like anything that takes time away from the interview. I think that's the funniest part of the show.

I have the opposite opinion.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I think you're both right. :)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
agree to disagree?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
NO!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Rewatching this, I really love that the stadium on the Moon, the replacement for the massive stadium that paved over Austin, is just Cowboys Stadium in a picture of the moon.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love a lot of the framing devices, but the Gordon Ramsay one this week was really quite lazy and bad. Brie and Herzog made up for it though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bown posted:

I love a lot of the framing devices, but the Gordon Ramsay one this week was really quite lazy and bad. Brie and Herzog made up for it though.

"I can only make fries."

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Taint Flasherman

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Once again they save the first half of the season's peak insanity for the finale. I love how often they're messing with the format this season.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

It was amazing especially the ending

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
All right, get outta here.

Piece of poo poo.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Who played Sullivan Hunchy's bandleader Charlie in the finale? He looked so familiar, and his little looks to the camera were cracking me up. I'm a fan of corny, old-timey comedy, so the plate-spinner really got me too, and so did this, possibly my favorite line ever delivered on CBB:

"So Josh, we all know the butt is the poor man's trumpet. What's your favorite song to honk out on that old beanbag?"

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Who played Sullivan Hunchy's bandleader Charlie in the finale? He looked so familiar, and his little looks to the camera were cracking me up.

Neil Campbell, he's a writer on the show who has played several roles, the only one I can recall at the moment is the Bad Little Boy

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
e: Did you go back in time just to post this before me? Piece of poo poo. ^^^

Who played Sullivan Hunchy's bandleader Charlie in the finale?

Neil Campbell. He's a regular on the podcast, a writer on the TV show and he's been on it a few times. He was the bad little boy in season 2.

JayMax fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 13, 2014

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Thank you both! I knew I had seen him before. He has a real David Hyde Pierce sort of look, doesn't he?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Thank you both! I knew I had seen him before. He has a real David Hyde Pierce sort of look, doesn't he?

Yes he is gay.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9CZf7xRy4

A full episode is up on youtube. The show is back next Friday!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Not available in my dumb country :(

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Good interview with the Auk at Splitsider: http://splitsider.com/2014/10/scott-aukerman-and-the-evolution-of-comedy-bang-bang/

Takeaways: Andy Daly's Chip Gardner and James Adomian's Governor Jesse Ventura will be guests.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Ugh, I'm really torn on whether to watch that preview episode and then have a week with no new episode to watch or wait it out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That's honestly the perfect description of Ellie Kemper, "So adorable she makes a baby dear look like a pile of poo poo."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

JAM

JAM

REMIX HIPHOP

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Eltoasto posted:

JAM

JAM

REMIX HIPHOP

R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R RREEEEMIXREMIXREMIX

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
I really liked that math skeleton

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Arm_Fruit posted:

I really liked that math skeleton

Knowing Auckerman's love for puns, I can imagine him and Campbell just sitting around one day laughing it up while thinking of accounting puns. Seepy, eh?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
The Bookkeeper bits are Scott and Neil getting Mike Detective Season 2 out of their systems.

Also I don't think there's a thread to discuss it but The Birthday Boys is really really good.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Groucho Marxist posted:

Also I don't think there's a thread to discuss it but The Birthday Boys is really really good.

It's been incredible this year, I looked for a thread and couldn't find one :(

This weeks episode just eviscerated the "women aren't funny" argument.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Does The Birthday Boys get better after the first episode? I'm not feeling it so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Back To 99 posted:

Does The Birthday Boys get better after the first episode? I'm not feeling it so far.

The first episode of the first season? Yes very much so. They really got their legs about midway through season 1 IMHO.

• Locked thread