Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Who played Sullivan Hunchy's bandleader Charlie in the finale? He looked so familiar, and his little looks to the camera were cracking me up. I'm a fan of corny, old-timey comedy, so the plate-spinner really got me too, and so did this, possibly my favorite line ever delivered on CBB:

"So Josh, we all know the butt is the poor man's trumpet. What's your favorite song to honk out on that old beanbag?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Thank you both! I knew I had seen him before. He has a real David Hyde Pierce sort of look, doesn't he?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My favorite Birthday Boys sketches, the ones that make me laugh uncontrollably, are the documentary with the rock stars discussing their old blues and folk influences, and the never-ending parade of cheesy characters in "All Your Favorites Are Back." The latter reminds me of a Simpsons gag from the show's '90s heyday.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I find Reddit exceptionally difficult to read, but Hot Saucerman did an AMA today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2ro2qs/scott_aukerman_host_of_comedy_bang_bang/

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
That sucks. I loved the Birthday Boys.

Favorite sketches? The one that I've watched dozens of times, that cracks me up every time, is the documentary about the rock stars discussing their favorite old blues and folk songs. I'm also a sucker for "Goldhoff and Steinstein," especially how enthusiastic Mike Mitchell was the entire time.

My wife doesn't appreciate their humor at all (or Comedy Bang Bang, for that matter), but I'm really down about the cancellation.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm catching up with CBB, and the last two episodes have featured Judy Greer and Ben Schwartz, and then Stephen Merchant and Rob Huebel.

I've always liked Judy Greer from Arrested Development, Archer, and countless nagging wife/best friend roles, but she was ADORABLE in her Bang Bang appearance. Hilarious, cute, and game for anything.

I'm also getting more into the CBB podcast, slowly making my way through episodes featuring guests I like. Sometimes they are really hit or miss, but sometimes they are comedy gold. I've really become a huge Hot Saucerman fan. I teach classes, and I find myself trying to mirror his delivery and some of his tossed-off one-liners.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 24, 2015

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I think one of the darkest and disturbing things I've ever seen was the Karen Gillan episode from earlier this year, when Jon Gemberling played that unrepentant human trafficker who slipped Scott a mickey and was guiding him into a box, while Reggie just looked on and Karen Gillan gleefully helped coax him in. And then after the commercial break, it was never referred to again.

I don't think all the bits with the special guests work as well as others, but that was just hosed up, especially for this good-natured show.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

Are there any good Reggie sketches online? My buddy just found his performance at TEDxBerlin and is losing his poo poo, I want to show him some. All I can find is a lovely version of A Womb of One's Own though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8GNd0oAYw

If either of you has Netflix, there is an entire Reggie Watts performance film/documentary available called "Why $#!+ So Crazy?" that you can watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I thought the Kevin Bacon episode was kind of weak, but the Lonely Island/Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland episode was one of the best of the show's entire run. John Mulaney and Nick Kroll are so hilarious that Scott and the Lonely Island guys couldn't even feign keeping straight faces, and I say that as someone who is a huge Mulaney fan but doesn't care for Kroll.

"I'm a Lin-Manuel Carrie Bradshaw and he's just a Lin-Manuel Miranda" slayed me. SLAYED ME. And I wasn't the only one.

Weird Al is awesome as the new bandleader, by the way. I like his interstitial music much more than Cudi's.

• Locked thread