Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

texaholic posted:

I am pretty happy smoking kills smokers

wow so cool and sophisticated

On the other hand, they're way older than I ever want to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

texaholic posted:

I am pretty happy smoking kills smokers

wow so cool and sophisticated

They were the cool kids back in their day.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

i smoke ecigs without nicotine in them, kind of bitchmade but ive got other addictive drugs to worry about

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Switched to an e-cig about 6 weeks ago and I've bought one pack of (clove) cigarettes since then, smoked maybe 15 normal cigs from bumming off people in that time.

At my peak during my sophomore year of college I smoked about half a pack a day (Camel Menthols), never could do more than that unless drinking/on meds. I was smoking 2 - 5 American Spirit dark green menthols a day before I switched to the e-cig. It's worked out well, a lot cheaper and I don't cough frequently anymore.

Cigarettes are still cool though, smokers are good folks.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I didn't like ecigs, they don't have that real throat ripping power actual tobacco has, i never really had a satisfying drag and it was too easy to get too much nicotine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i only ever smoke in foreign countries--its weird. it just feels more right and plus italy was cool with vending machines for that poo poo without needing to go into a shady shop ran by a middle eastern dude or whatever. NZ was kinda a pain since they like hide everything behind locked cabinents so i didn't know that any place sold them until a month later and then found out they were like $25 a pack. america is pretty uptight about it but yea they do really make you smell like hot garbage. i'd probably still smoke in america if there was 0 smell.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I didn't like ecigs, they don't have that real throat ripping power actual tobacco has, i never really had a satisfying drag and it was too easy to get too much nicotine.

some goon sells ecigs on SAmart for 70% called aquacig. so you can get a nice starter kit for like $15 and i feel they have a good throat power to them. trick is that you got to use two at once for some real dizzy-inducing throat rip.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

Splurgerwitzl posted:

On the other hand, they're way older than I ever want to be.

They're in their 40s

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Bukowski posted:

They're in their 40s

hahahah

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i smoke 305 menthols.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I smoked two packs a day of either unfiltered, full flavor, or hand-rolled (depending on location and situation) for about 20 years and goddamn, son. Up until I quit (via ecigs and then its fat, spergy brother, vaping) I always kinda liked the smell of cigarettes. After I quit, I opened a box of old stuff I had in storage and holy gently caress I'd like to personally apologize to everyone I encountered in person during that time. Also, my chest doesn't hurt all the time! Smoking!

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
two packs a day is intense, i have never understood how that could be pleasurable

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

two packs a day is intense, i have never understood how that could be pleasurable

At the risk of posting this in GBS, the oral fixation is an issue, as was the increasing need to do something with my hands. The act of smoking itself - the habit, the weird rituals that can crop of with smokers, stuff like that - were more critical to me than the nicotine or taste. I'm a fidgety dude, hands always gotta be doing something, so it gets kinda easy to get up to that level. Vaping has helped with that part a bit, as I have multiple rebuildable atomizers and can always just wrap new wire coils or try new ways of wicking, etc.

I still bum a smoke or two here and there at the bar or whatever, mostly when talking to girls who smoke, but man, the flavor just kinda sucks now, by comparison.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The only thing that bothers me about smoking is that smokers toss their cigarette butts everywhere and anywhere.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

The only thing that bothers me about smoking is that smokers toss their cigarette butts everywhere and anywhere.

Ye I give my Bros stern look when they do that poo poo and it's worked to brutally own they're vile butt practice.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Hank Hill liked to smoke. You're a fraud, texaholic.

Gay Fry
Apr 27, 2014

spouse posted:

Hank Hill liked to smoke. You're a fraud, texaholic.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
I quit for six years and started again. Be careful when you quit don't ever smoke one again no matter what.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
I throw my cigarette butts all over the place with reckless abandon and if you don't like it you can suck my dick.

Smoking is cool.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I too wish death upon people who do things I don't do

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
I just read Alan cars easy way to stop smoking and now I stop smoking

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
if there was no smoking, i'd have nothing to do when i'm high

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW
I smoked cigarettes starting at 15 and stopped at 24. It's absolutely amazing how much better you feel when you stop and I wish I could get those 9 years back and have been more athletic or something.

poise krew
Dec 22, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

drat sideline reporter knows whats up
except French inhale is gross if I wanted to smoke like that i'd put em in my nostrils

if you inhale a bit of smoke from the end through your nostrils at the end of a drag you can get the same high you got in your youth, though it'll make you sick if you do it too much

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
french inhale with weed smoke is pretty great though

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
cigarettes: still cool

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

They had candy cigarettes when I was a kid. I can't believe those were ever allowed to be sold haha

I felt pretty cool with them. Never smoked though gross

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

actionjackson posted:

They had candy cigarettes when I was a kid. I can't believe those were ever allowed to be sold haha

I felt pretty cool with them. Never smoked though gross

They still sell those, grandpa.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

They still sell those, grandpa.

they do, but they never say "cigarettes" on the package anymore and the tips aren't red

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

they do, but they never say "cigarettes" on the package anymore and the tips aren't red

Back in the day, some had paper wrappers with corn starch inside so you could actually puff out a couple clouds by blowing on them before eating them. Do they still make those?

When you have kids getting gifts for them from smokers is awesome - hey thanks for the teddy bear that smells like Charles Bukowski into the crib it goes!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
most of them start out at the age of like eleven prompted by their parents doing it around them and literally being born into a house of smoke and then they do a thing they're addicted to (but get no real buzz from after the first month or something) until they die

shouldn't we stop insulting smokers and start paying for their rubbers so there won't be anymore smoker kids

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

There are 3 ways too look at this, I am either providing a job for some schlub to pick up after, giving a bird some stinky nest construction material
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/culturing-science/2012/12/04/cigarette-butts-in-nests-deter-bird-parasites/
(me and birds are symbiotic maybekinda?) or you can consider it extra kindling for the eventual fires that will consume us all.

I'm pretty disappointed in myself for starting, I still find the laughing in the face of death bit kinda cool but dumb, as others have mentioned it's the weird habits that form around, it used to be something I do after a few hours of work or play or as a transition between one activity and the next. Now those times come and I find myself stuck going "now what? Get a glass of water? I want a break from this cleaning, paper working, digging, gaming, reading, what the gently caress ever" and I don't know what to do so smoke it is.

Edit: That youthful buzz? Cut back a good bit like me! It's back a lot more often again, is rad.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 18, 2014

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I had mouth cancer, I don't recommend it.

Seriously, I don't loving recommend it.

They rebuilt my loving tongue using bits from elsewhere on my body, and I'll probably suffer nerve pain for the rest of my life, and my speech will never be quite the same.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Turns out lighting poo poo on fire and deliberately inhaling the toxic fumes isn't a good idea.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Edit: That youthful buzz? Cut back a good bit like me! It's back a lot more often again, is rad.

i never understood people talking about getting a buzz from smoking. i got lightheaded (and later very nauseous) from my first half a pack, but that was about it

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
a very close friend of mine smoked and then he got lung cancer and died horribly over the course of a year. lmao what a dumb goon.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I still bum a smoke or two here and there at the bar or whatever, mostly when talking to girls who smoke, but man, the flavor just kinda sucks now, by comparison.

hahahahaha you still smoke

stump collector
May 28, 2007

texaholic posted:

One night me and a buddy were watching the Dallas Stars on TV and pounding some keystone light

lol

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Sorry government but that is clearly not your average smoker.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Daimo posted:

Sorry government but that is clearly not your average smoker.

ah unlucky, you got throat cancer guy

i like when i get the smoking harms your pregnancy one, on account of that i don't have a uterus so joke's on them

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i always think throat cancer mans biggest problem is probably his gross facial hair

• Locked thread