Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Alas Boobylon posted:

funny thing about smokers if they're young and athletic in the short term cigs dont hurt them it makes them insanely fast and strong from the nicotine burst. 3 of the best runners at my high school were all manic chainsmokers that would just run circles around everyone with their whipthin hyena bodies and they pretty much deflowered half the girls in our class lol

Nicotine Popeye pretty accurately describes my HS experience.

I miss smoking. I dont miss any of the negatives of smoking but god drat that first cig in the morning was always loving amazing. gently caress texaholic, everyone should smoke forever and remind me how awesome it was :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
I need French cigarettes but they are nowhere to be found here. :(

Red Luckys no additives ftw

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i smoke, it's dumb but i like it and don't feel like quitting yet.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I miss the forced reasons to go outside, especially at night.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 671 days!)

you do not embody the texas spirit op maybe connecticut is more your speed

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i defy you to show me ONE piece of evidence not falsified by zionists that cigarettes are not good for you

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
A year and a half ago I herniated a disc in my spine from increasing the weight on my dead lift to quickly and having terrible form. The disc blew up and smashed against my sciatic nerve causing me pain that made it impossible to stand or sit for more than 30 seconds.

Spent a month in bed seeing if it would get better. It didn't and I had a surgeon cut open my spine and scoop out all the spine jelly. He told me nicotine can cause your spinal discs to dry out and make a herniation more likely, and seeing as how I hadn't been able to get up to smoke in over a month I just kind of never smoked again.

So there you go goons, surefire way of quitting is explode your spine to the point where the pain is so intense you don't sleep for days at a time.

I smoked one while I was drunk a year after my surgery. It was gross and I haven't smoked since.

Still kinda want to smoke though.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I never do it habitually, but man does a cig and a cup of strong coffee do wonders for a hangover. OP is a fag.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Mariguana is a healthier alternative to tobacco you get to feel all cool and it lasts more than two minutes. Tobaccos only purpose IMO is to fill in the blank when there's no grass but you're stupid if you run out of grass. Smelly, too.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Weed smells like someone pooped on a Christmas tree imo

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i like weed and i like cigarettes but i dont like weed smell

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 671 days!)

it's going to be rad as poo poo when i'm 50 and the hospice nurse will give me all the oxy i can eat

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
who still smokes when ecigs exist

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
people who support america's farmers, rear end in a top hat

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
i wouldn't smoke weed but what happens if you eat mad edibles? like im talking you just make burgers that are like 5% weed and just gobble that poo poo

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Alas Boobylon posted:

i wouldn't smoke weed but what happens if you eat mad edibles? like im talking you just make burgers that are like 5% weed and just gobble that poo poo

you'd feel awful for hours and would maybe throw up

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
One thing I love is people who cough whenever they get within a 50 foot radius of a smoker. I'm inhaling this poo poo directly into my lungs and you don't see me coughing. Stop being a little bitch.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

MondayHotDog posted:

One thing I love is people who cough whenever they get within a 50 foot radius of a smoker. I'm inhaling this poo poo directly into my lungs and you don't see me coughing. Stop being a little bitch.

i like to give them a poo poo eating grin and ask if they're ok/suggest they see someone about their cough

usually they shut up or quietly mumble something about smoking and walk away

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Nap Ghost
My city just added a $2 per pack tax. I have four packs left. After that, I quit.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Taxes on smokes have gone up so many times here in New York, I don't even remember what they cost when I started.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Nap Ghost

MondayHotDog posted:

Taxes on smokes have gone up so many times here in New York, I don't even remember what they cost when I started.

I remember when a pack of smokes cost about the same as a gallon of gas. Both were under a dollar.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

"Cigs are bad but smoking pole and meth is a-ok" - OP

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

MondayHotDog posted:

does central park have wild tobaco plants growing around there? I see them all time here in cali, just pick them and hang em up side down till they dry?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Nap Ghost

TOILETLORD posted:

does central park have wild tobaco plants growing around there? I see them all time here in cali, just pick them and hang em up side down till they dry?

not sure, but I don't think they are picking tobacco leafs where you are.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

not sure, but I don't think they are picking tobacco leafs where you are.

not yet taxes aren't high enough a pack is still around 6 bucks.

Lagrange
Apr 27, 2002

gently caress cigarettes.

It took me until my daughter was born to quit, and now I (and she) worry about me dying every day.

Quit now.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
what's with people dying from smoking now, my grandpa smoked for about 40 years straight and made it to 85.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

what's with people dying from smoking now, my grandpa smoked for about 40 years straight and made it to 85.

Cigarettes made in America as opposed to China.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Folks in those days were tougher.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Nap Ghost

Lagrange posted:

It took me until my daughter was born to quit, and now I (and she) worry about me dying every day.

Quit now.

I should have quit along time ago.

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014

MondayHotDog posted:

Folks in those days were tougher.

the cuban fisherman the old man and the sea is based off of went out to fish the open sea every day of his life and subsisted on rum, chowder and cigars until the day he died at something like 95-105 i forget

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

cigarettes alone wont kill you. its also the sedentary lifestyle, the fast food and all that poo poo

well they might but not as many

Lagrange
Apr 27, 2002

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I should have quit along time ago.

It's not too late, if you haven't already done it.

It's worth the try.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Nap Ghost

Lagrange posted:

It's worth the try.

When I run out of cigs I will. Monday I need to buy the patch.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
The study that showed smoking kills also showed that it only kills those who continue to smoke heavily after the age of 35, or age 40 for light smokers.

Lagrange
Apr 27, 2002

monkey posted:

The study that showed smoking kills also showed that it only kills those who continue to smoke heavily after the age of 35, or age 40 for light smokers.

Yep. I might well be hosed, and I fear for my daughter.

This poo poo is serious, folks. Quit now or it will haunt you every day, later in life.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Lagrange posted:

Quit now.

Lagrange posted:

It's worth the try.

Lagrange posted:

Yep. I might well be hosed, and I fear for my daughter.

This poo poo is serious, folks. Quit now or it will haunt you every day, later in life.

gently caress off

Lagrange
Apr 27, 2002

Fine.

Your call.

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
cigarettes would great if you could smoke 2 a day and never think about it, but it sucks when you just have to smoke when you wake up, before you go to bed, after every meal, when you get home, and upon leaving the house. its the little habit smokes that suck more than the ive got a craving smokes, cause theres like 4 of those a day, and 16 more you're not really going to enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
maybe everyone should switch to ecigs they're gay as gently caress but on the other hand they produce water vapor rather than death clouds a net improvement? :shrug:

• Locked thread