Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

sketch_nimrod posted:

cigarettes would great if you could smoke 2 a day and never think about it, but it sucks when you just have to smoke when you wake up, before you go to bed, after every meal, when you get home, and upon leaving the house. its the little habit smokes that suck more than the ive got a craving smokes, cause theres like 4 of those a day, and 16 more you're not really going to enjoy.

do you smoke the cigs they spray extra nicotene onto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Lagrange posted:

Fine.

Your call.

this is gbs and here it is good to kill yourself and be gay

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
leonard cohen starting to smoke at the age of 80 after having been clean for 30 years is the best thing to happen

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Been smoking a pack a day since 15, come at me

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Joe Hockeys Scrote posted:

I just read Alan cars easy way to stop smoking and now I stop smoking

his name is allen carr and i only correct you so that people can find the material online (though sometimes people posting the stuff online do misspell his name).

i read the book too, and there is also an audio book and a video seminar. it really works, anyone reading this who wants to quit, please check it out.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

No More Heroes posted:

Been smoking a pack a day since 15, come at me

12-13: occasionally stealing a cigarette from my dad and smoking it

14-15: "social smoker"

16: pack a day hell yeah

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Good lord I need to quit. I only smoke on the weekends. I've had days off so I smoke. I gotta stop.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
have a cigarette

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Okay, I will.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Have another.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sum that Allen Carr poo poo up for me. Y'know. Gimme the gist.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

That DICK! posted:

It's easy when you stop loving buying them.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 689 days!)

that feel the first time you smoke one cigarette immediately after another and it feels normal and not gross

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

the worst thing about cigs imo is that everything pleasurable enhances the nicotine satisfaction, everything from taking a fat poo poo to eating a good meal to doing a shot or a line. what's better than a cig after a huge poo poo: nothing is.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

*smokes cigarette*

aaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

*my muscles bulge and i go into kill mode as the nicotine burst throws my adrenaline into overdrive*

every time I smoke it turns into hotline Miami irl

gonna go light up now *puts on rooster mask*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

That DICK! posted:

tldr it is a quick read, you should just download the book seriously, and read the entire thing.** the problem is that summing it up makes it sound kooky but i'll try.

Allen Carr smoked several packs a day for decades until he came up with this magic method somehow, which he calls Easy Way. Allen quit instantly and painlessly. He wrote a book in the early 80s and it's grown into a worldwide movement: book was translated into a bunch of languages, clinics all over the world, seminars, etc.

the book simply uses logic very effectively to help you realize that every single reason you have for smoking --other than being addicted to the drug nicotine-- is fallacy. it systematically goes through all the things people claim keep them smoking, in detail. once your perspective has shifted so you fully understand and accept that you're not giving up anything by quitting smoking, and are gaining only good things, it's easy to stop.

nicotine is a highly addictive substance but it is metabolized quickly by the body and the withdrawal symptoms are incredibly mild. Twenty minutes after putting out a cigarette, roughly 50% of the nicotine in your body is effectively gone. Just one hour after a cigarette, 75% of the nicotine in your body is gone. As a smoker, you are sleeping through nicotine withdrawal every single night. It's nothing.

The problems people have with anxiety, irritability, fatigue, mood swings, increased appetite, etc. that come with quitting smoking are not symptomatic of nicotine withdrawal; they are manifestations of the internal conflict that is created when you try to quit using willpower. you crave a cigarette because you still (mistakenly!) believe cigarettes afford you XYZ benefit -- such as stress relief -- so it takes willpower to stop, and to stay stopped. but again, once you understand you aren't giving up ANYTHING by quitting, it is effortless to do so because no willpower is required. Since there is no feeling of deprivation or loss, there is no internal conflict -- provided that you follow the simple instructions in the book.

You CAN quit using willpower obviously, plenty of people have done it. but why suffer (and probably fail)? i smoked for over 15 years before finally reading the book in april. i quit right after finishing it. the entire process felt amazing and i can say for certain that i will never smoke again.

** i also recommend the video seminar of the Easy Way program, which can be found online (the video quality sucks but all you need is the audio anyway). i got it recently because even though i bought my mom the book last april at the same time i got mine, she hasn't read it :sigh:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

lady blue shanghai posted:

tldr it is a quick read, you should just download the book seriously, and read the entire thing.** the problem is that summing it up makes it sound kooky but i'll try.

Allen Carr smoked several packs a day for decades until he came up with this magic method somehow, which he calls Easy Way. Allen quit instantly and painlessly. He wrote a book in the early 80s and it's grown into a worldwide movement: book was translated into a bunch of languages, clinics all over the world, seminars, etc.

the book simply uses logic very effectively to help you realize that every single reason you have for smoking --other than being addicted to the drug nicotine-- is fallacy. it systematically goes through all the things people claim keep them smoking, in detail. once your perspective has shifted so you fully understand and accept that you're not giving up anything by quitting smoking, and are gaining only good things, it's easy to stop.

nicotine is a highly addictive substance but it is metabolized quickly by the body and the withdrawal symptoms are incredibly mild. Twenty minutes after putting out a cigarette, roughly 50% of the nicotine in your body is effectively gone. Just one hour after a cigarette, 75% of the nicotine in your body is gone. As a smoker, you are sleeping through nicotine withdrawal every single night. It's nothing.

The problems people have with anxiety, irritability, fatigue, mood swings, increased appetite, etc. that come with quitting smoking are not symptomatic of nicotine withdrawal; they are manifestations of the internal conflict that is created when you try to quit using willpower. you crave a cigarette because you still (mistakenly!) believe cigarettes afford you XYZ benefit -- such as stress relief -- so it takes willpower to stop, and to stay stopped. but again, once you understand you aren't giving up ANYTHING by quitting, it is effortless to do so because no willpower is required. Since there is no feeling of deprivation or loss, there is no internal conflict -- provided that you follow the simple instructions in the book.

You CAN quit using willpower obviously, plenty of people have done it. but why suffer (and probably fail)? i smoked for over 15 years before finally reading the book in april. i quit right after finishing it. the entire process felt amazing and i can say for certain that i will never smoke again.

** i also recommend the video seminar of the Easy Way program, which can be found online (the video quality sucks but all you need is the audio anyway). i got it recently because even though i bought my mom the book last april at the same time i got mine, she hasn't read it :sigh:

imma smoke a cigarette

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

should i read all that

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

should i read all that

no, you might want to grab a quick smoke though

Laugh Till You Pee
Feb 8, 2014

Tell your mom to stop sending me nudes.
I hate when people smoke at playgrounds. Trashy!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I smoked for 11 years.

Now im tobacco free.

Its the way to be.

I dipped for a few years too.

Shits gross.

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014
Now smoking menthols because they're banned in the EU next year, best enjoy them while I can

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

LostInThread posted:

I hate when people smoke at playgrounds. Trashy!

yeah only smoke around kids if you're willing to give them a light

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i smoke maybe 3-4 cigarettes a day at most. tbh most days i dont smoke any. ive been a smoker for the last year and i cant get addicted

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe

darkwing cuck posted:

im smoking camel crush bolds bcuz im that classy

As someone that smokes regular camel crushes, I really wonder why the gently caress anyone would smoke the bolds. Those are the nastiest loving cigarettes.

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
…Is it your aim to get addicted?

I knew a guy in high school who made it his objective to get addicted to cigars. Specifically cigars. He also decided to not bathe for one (1) year.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Pillow Clerk posted:

…Is it your aim to get addicted?

I knew a guy in high school who made it his objective to get addicted to cigars. Specifically cigars. He also decided to not bathe for one (1) year.

nah i just find it weird that i havent gotten addicted to cigarettes after regular smoking

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i love to blow smoke into the faces of newborn babies as their mothers look on in horror

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Told Two Times posted:

As someone that smokes regular camel crushes, I really wonder why the gently caress anyone would smoke the bolds. Those are the nastiest loving cigarettes.

in my case it's because they were the only camels with the 75¢ off wrapper

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i smoke the full bodied american spirits and i dont understand ppl who smoke lights

like why

if i could buy unfiltered id do that

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

theres 0 evidence lights or filtered cigarettes reduce your lung cancer risk

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
What's up plebs

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

THS posted:

theres 0 evidence lights or filtered cigarettes reduce your lung cancer risk

I used to smoke camel crush.

I remember the cigarettes that came in the cool tin. They tasted really good.

Dont smoke cigs, smoke pot or crack instead.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mail some crank to me, i dont have a source

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

THS posted:

i smoke the full bodied american spirits and i dont understand ppl who smoke lights

like why

try the periques (black pack), they really put the regular filtered spirits to shame.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

THS posted:

like why

this but I also break off the filters
be careful I accidentally inhaled a strip of tobac and it's been trapped in my left lung for like 4 years

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mariana Horchata posted:

try the periques (black pack), they really put the regular filtered spirits to shame.

yeah they are really good. when i can find them i get the black packs

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
periqs is sometimes too flowery for me, I need the real throat rippers

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i just cut the filter off some of the regular american spirits and smoked it and it was extremely good and i had never tried that before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i found a pack of marlboro menthols on a stair landing in my apt last week and took it because i figured hey why not free cigarettes no ones gonna find this again. i returned them to the same spot on the ground yesterday with three less cigarettes and a v. small not saying i didnt like menthols that much

• Locked thread