Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Nerdfest X posted:

it's just the way the line was written/delivered made it seem like she truly didn't know.

I find the idea that Delacourt, like Carlyle, has spent so much time interacting with robots that she's not very good at interacting with people any more fairly convincing. Her delivery is kinda mechanical, like she has decided on the response and is performing the response, and is consequently much more talking at Patel than talking to him.

Neo Rasa posted:

Too heavy-handed a reference to Rhodesia.
I don't think a reference to Cecil Rhodes is heavy-handed but it does seem out of place when we're looking at the rich much more as people who have removed themselves than people who are imposing themselves. A Minister Rhodes would belong much better in District 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Neo Rasa posted:

You don't consider the state the people of earth are in to be related to the rich people in the space station?

That is neither what I stated nor implied.

• Locked thread