Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Tom's Hot Fries: paprika, garlic and onion powder on a base of extruded polystyrene corn starch. You can get 'em in stores now but for some reason they taste better when purchased from a bowling-alley vending machine.

Are those the same as Andy Capp's Hot Fries? Because if they are, I have to agree with you.

If they aren't, then Andy Capp's Hot Fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

eating only apples posted:

Honey Boo Boo.

They seem like a happy, pleasant, inoffensive family. The show is bad reality stuff that's fun to watch for how happy they all are all the time and how much fun they seem to have, and I even understand mocking the parents for how unattractive and redneck they are, but some of the hate and abuse that little girl gets is sickening, she's a sweet happy little child who's never done anything to hurt anyone in her life. :( Alana is adorable.
Based on the bits I've seen of that crap, it's absurd how much vitriol that family receives. They seem like happy, decent enough folk. They don't even strike me as particularly dumb or uneducated, just big into silly redneck culture. That Alana girl actually seems well-adjusted and pretty sharp for her age.

Like, every episode of Wife Swap features a way more hosed up and dysfunctional family, and I savor that sorta poo poo. But it's just not there in Honey Boo Boo. They're very loving and accepting. The hate train comes across as a dumb bandwagon that was exploited by TLC and latched onto by kids who ain't got a lot of perspective or experience with different sorts of people.

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

wario posted:

Guy Fieri

Same. Dude is a straight up living cartoon character.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOL8fDISewA

It's even got a JSRF picture and the long, weird pause at the start.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Whatev posted:

Based on the bits I've seen of that crap, it's absurd how much vitriol that family receives. They seem like happy, decent enough folk. They don't even strike me as particularly dumb or uneducated, just big into silly redneck culture. That Alana girl actually seems well-adjusted and pretty sharp for her age.

Like, every episode of Wife Swap features a way more hosed up and dysfunctional family, and I savor that sorta poo poo. But it's just not there in Honey Boo Boo. They're very loving and accepting. The hate train comes across as a dumb bandwagon that was exploited by TLC and latched onto by kids who ain't got a lot of perspective or experience with different sorts of people.

I always assumed it stemmed from child beauty pageants being terrible things, and borderline child abuse even before tv cameras roll into the house.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

SodomyGoat101 posted:

I always assumed it stemmed from child beauty pageants being terrible things, and borderline child abuse even before tv cameras roll into the house.
Yeah child beauty pageants are really hosed up and dumb, but that's not what people flippin the hell out over the dumb show are going on about.

Toddlers & Tiaras can be hilarious because of how hosed it is.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

relax-o-vision posted:

Dragon Age II isn't nearly as bad as people say.

From the fandom's screaming you'd think it was on par with E.T. for Atari when I found it really average but alright. At least mages weren't stuck with inferior plot resolution, because everyone gets a halfassed ending no matter what!

Speaking of fantasy games, I love the King's Quest series even when I gently caress up and have to redo two hours of gameplay because I forgot to go to that one obscure cavern to grab the slightly shiny object under a rock in the back of the room to give to the out-of-the-way NPC on the other side of the world in order to progress. I can totally understand why King's Quest was probably the only major series to not get a Kickstarter reboot 2 years ago when reviving the classic Adventure genre was the new fad.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TunaSpleen posted:

Speaking of fantasy games, I love the King's Quest series even when I gently caress up and have to redo two hours of gameplay because I forgot to go to that one obscure cavern to grab the slightly shiny object under a rock in the back of the room to give to the out-of-the-way NPC on the other side of the world in order to progress. I can totally understand why King's Quest was probably the only major series to not get a Kickstarter reboot 2 years ago when reviving the classic Adventure genre was the new fad.

Pretty much all those old Sierra games are like that. The LucasArts ones had their problems too, but they didn't tend to have that issue of killing you for something you did or didn't do several hours ago.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Tiggum posted:

Pretty much all those old Sierra games are like that. The LucasArts ones had their problems too, but they didn't tend to have that issue of killing you for something you did or didn't do several hours ago.

Remember in KQ4 when the whale spat you out onto that tiny island and you had to walk behind the boat and type "get bridle" when there was literally NO indication of anything being behind the boat, let alone a bridle? And then you couldn't get back to the island once you left it? Yeah, gently caress that part.
KQ6 was fantastic, though. The whole scene with Death was :black101: as gently caress.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I love almost all kinds of terrible music: happy hardcore, eurodance, gabber, hardstyle, dubstep, breakcore (the more pop-song mashups and awful samples the better), EBM, industrial. There's really no end to my appetite for the worst cheese you can find.

I also enjoy Warhammer 40k, collecting things like vintage skate stickers (particularly :nws: Hookups :nws: ) and tons of different art styles like tattoo flash, 'occult' (anything with lots of half-naked demon babes and blood and skulls), 1980s cyberpunk (pretty much all old 'what will the future be like' media is like crack to me), outsider art and lowbrow stuff like Fuzi UVTPK and Horfee; pretty much anything that most normal people would find distasteful or unsettling.

I love 'trash' culture, people like Leigh Bowery, the New York Club Kids (Michael Alig, James St James, etc), John Waters, Harmony Korine, etc. I used to love Vice Magazine a decade ago before they got old and started to care about money more than content.

Just about the only terrible thing I don't like is most reality TV but I do have a soft spot for Man vs Food for the sheer grotesquerie of the food they show and the first few seasons of Pawn Stars were fantastic and I can watch them on repeat forever.

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
Angels & Airwaves.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

AlbieQuirky posted:

I listen to this radio station all the time. It is a non-stop grab bag of either cool old songs ("What a Wonderful World," for instance) or terrible old songs ("Brandy", for instance). And the dude who owns it is clearly insane.

It's glorious.

Welp, content for this post: I like that song! :v:

Aside from that, I'm eagerly awaiting the return of bellbottoms.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Speaking of lovely TV, I loooooooooove Moonshiners, Maury, and videos of hicks throwing down at Dennys/Wal-Mart/etc.. I like them so much and watch clips on Youtube so often that it's completely convinced that I'm some kind of white supremacist and keeps suggesting to me pro-KKK speeches and and videos about how the south will totally rise again :downs:

I also like trashy middle grade fiction, and it exists in great abundance. Whenever I go to Barnes & Noble's, I make it a point to head over to the children's book section and pick out the paperback with the be-all-end-all worst blurb there. Stuff like Eragon, which is just crap, isn't sufficient; only the worst of the worst will do. E.D. Baker is my go-to, but I've gotten varying levels of success just picking up a series I've never heard of before.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

NotAnArtist posted:

New Girl. Zoe Deschanel and stupid quirky humor.

Yeah I like that one too, except lately my girlfriend has been trending more towards The Mindy Project which I don't think is as good (but I watch it with her anyway)

Speaking of TV, I devoured the first two seasons of Once Upon a Time on Netflix, partially due to my aforementioned love of kitschy high fantasy and partially because it had a bunch of people from LOST working on it (also because I have a crush on Regina/the Evil Queen :swoon:). I haven't bothered to see if season 3 is on there yet but you can bet I'll be back on the wagon once it is.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I'm huge into kitsch and camp. John Waters and B-52's until I die.

I also still like Vice magazine, the news articles and videos are pretty good. Still INCREDIBLY smug on some parts.

Brutalism, Googie, and Streamline Moderne aesthetics are the goddamn best and I won't hear another word of it.

I don't know what to call it, but I love Tim and Eric. The humor, the whole suburban-80's chic poo poo, everything. Also they manage to get the best goddamn guests.

Really happy that others are suckers for ID and Law and Order: SVU.

Kombucha. Literally bad taste. But I still guzzle it down like the acidic swine I am. Especially with chia seeds.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

The White Dragon posted:

Speaking of lovely TV, I loooooooooove Moonshiners, Maury, and videos of hicks throwing down at Dennys/Wal-Mart/etc..

Oh God, Maury. I don't know which ones I love more: The girl saying "I'm five bajillion percent sure that this guy is the babbydaddy!" for the fifth man being tested; or the guys saying "Doctor say I can't make no girl babbys" for the daughter. I think we all know how those turn out.

My very favorite was one where a rather slow-witted young man wanted his wife tested because he had a dream where she was "sleeping with a white guy. "And you know what they say--dreams do come true!" Maury looked stunned. Of course the guy was wrong. If his wife had killed him right there, no jury would have ever convicted her.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
Jumping on the Honey Boo Boo and ID bandwagons. I call ID "murder TV". I've seen so many episodes of everything I can usually tell within 5 minutes when the same story is being recycled on different shows.

I also love Hoarder shows, Grey's Anatomy, 16 and Pregnant, and all the Teen Moms. 16 and Pregnant is like a teenage girl version of Jack rear end where they just keep making one dumb wrong decision after another. And when it starts getting heavy because there's a baby in the middle of all the stupid, the show's over. Yaayy.

I've also got the blue box blues. Powdered cheese Mac n cheese over gourmet any day. And Taco Bell. Mmmmm. I love gross nasty fake cheese almost as much as the fine, fancy ones.

Oh! And almost any alcoholic beverage that comes in a blue variety. My friends have intervened, to a degree, and won't let me buy any more 4 Loko.

Roleplaying Dad has a new favorite as of 12:27 on May 13, 2014

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
You want me to give you a life somewhere? Be warned: I still listen to the Monkees, Partridge Family and assorted Buddha-label bubblegum -- as I have done since I was in single digits in the late 1960s. No loving apologies.

Also I only get back to the US once a year these days, and I take an empty suitcase for food shopping -- which I fill up with lovely food from childhood. God knows what TSA things when they rummage through a suitcase of Tastikakes, Little Debbys, Pepperidge Farm pretzel goldfish, cinnamon poptarts, Bugles, Munchos, Welch's grape jelly, and other assorted crap. Stuff that I ignored when I was living there; I have access to awesome chocolate in the UK -- why am I now craving Hershey's Almond bars?

I wander around US supermarkets like a 1970s-era Soviet defector. Last time I was over my friend took me to a Wegmans; loving Christ, the sheer *size* of the containers and how *cheap* everything is! I couldn't move back to the US for fear of turning into an immobile blob of macaroni and cheese.

In the UK: I give zero fucks about anyone who makes fun of me for whole-heartedly loving Casualty and Holby City. Before I moved over here for good, my then-partner, now spouse, would burn those suckers onto DVRs and send them in little 'care packets' about once a month where I would binge my way through them.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
I read this secrets blog like it was my job. I'm not involved in EGL stuff at all, I don't really give a poo poo about lolita fashion, and I have no interest in the community aspect of it-- but hooooly poo poo the drama is amazing. It's like drag queen drama but most of the participants are racist, sexist, elitist, mean pieces of poo poo who get actively offended at the existence of overweight people wearing frills.

Ugh it's the worst and it's so satisfying to sit back and be completely uninvolved in their terrible poo poo.

I don't even like the fashion what is wrong with me :(

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

I have terrible taste and I'm proud. It was once said that I could lower the IQ in the room by walking in. I took it as a badge of honor because those guys were all insufferable prats.

-Any horror movie that liberally uses blue and red lighting. More 80's, more better.

-Coors Lite. I used to be a huge beer snob, but on a hot day or after work I basically want soda pop with alcohol in it. It's refreshing and doesn't taste like anything in particular. This is a Good Thing.

-Weird Al. He is hysterical.

-America's Funniest Home Videos. The original Take in the Nads Hour. TV at it's finest.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

-Weird Al. He is hysterical.

When did liking Weird Al become a mark of bad taste?

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Bertrand Hustle posted:

When did liking Weird Al become a mark of bad taste?

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Pizza Hut.

There are so many pizza places out there that are a million times better, but damned if I don't love me a Pizza Hut pan pizza with extra cheese.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
Pretty much everything I like is terrible. I'm terrible.

I'll mention Say Yes to the Dress and other lovely TLC wedding-centric reality tv shows. Is it ok if I spend my time mocking them? I seem to mock a lot of the terrible poo poo I like.

Sonata Arctica is also genuinely my favourite band, though their last two albums have mostly been awful with a couple exceptions. I love their song Weballergy, who wouldn't love a song about neckbeards and how they'll never get laid if they don't go outside?

Also Neopets. A couple years ago I discovered my now 13-year-old account is still active, and there's one particular game that gives you more neopoints with account age, so it makes my inner 11-year-old very satisfied to rake in tens of millions. Then every few months I'll hold a big giveaway and empty my bank account to buy a bunch of poo poo for the crazy 20-year-old girls obsessed with one-upping each other on who can make the prettiest pets. The community is batshit crazy and I stay the hell away other than those giveaways but I like making people happy because I'm a giant pansy :shobon: also I really don't have anything else to spend it on because that game is really the only thing I do on the site

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013
I love a lot of stoner rock, especially low-tempo stuff based around one or two riffs smothered in distortion and reverb, but I don't even have the excuse that I smoke weed.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fried food from a bain-marie. I enjoy dim sims, chicken nuggets, potato cakes, etc. normally, but if they've been sitting in a bain-maree for a while and have gone kind of soft, almost soggy and you cover them in salt... mmm, that's good stuff. Also, microwaved pizza.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't stop eating frozen potstickers smothered in Mae Ploy.

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.
Miley loving Cyrus.

Also, Catfish on MTV.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
When I had Comcast cable, they had some of the worst movies ever in their free PPV section. I remember one teen flick about a kid who went to a whorehouse with his buddies and caught a dose. He goes to the doctor and the doctor screens an actual government public-health flick about syphilis and gonorrhea, complete with gruesome images of sores and people whose brains have been eaten by advanced syph. Brilliant!

Netflix has some great stuff too... Rubber, about a telekinetic, homicidal tire named Robert, Nude Nuns With Big Guns ('nuf ced), and one of my all-time favorites, Hobo With A Shotgun.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Pick posted:

Dragon Age II is amazing and I stand by that to this day.

We miss you in the Dragon Age: Inquisition thread.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

2 broke girls. It's dumb but I laugh at it :sigh:

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
I actually liked a lot of the songs from this year's Eurovision, I have about half of them in my Grooveshark collection.

RainbowCake posted:

Also Neopets. A couple years ago I discovered my now 13-year-old account is still active, and there's one particular game that gives you more neopoints with account age, so it makes my inner 11-year-old very satisfied to rake in tens of millions. Then every few months I'll hold a big giveaway and empty my bank account to buy a bunch of poo poo for the crazy 20-year-old girls obsessed with one-upping each other on who can make the prettiest pets. The community is batshit crazy and I stay the hell away other than those giveaways but I like making people happy because I'm a giant pansy :shobon: also I really don't have anything else to spend it on because that game is really the only thing I do on the site

I recently started playing Neopets again because the games are actually pretty fun, what game is this? I'd like to fulfill my childhood dream of completing the lab ray map :downs:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Pop punk and almost anything similar. Blink-182, Alkaline Trio, Fallout Boy...

I still buy cheap terrible punk compilations, because the signal-to-noise ratio isn't that bad and even the noise starts to sound good once it's looped through Winamp a few times.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Sometimes I chuckle at image macros.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

Fantastisk posted:

I recently started playing Neopets again because the games are actually pretty fun, what game is this? I'd like to fulfill my childhood dream of completing the lab ray map :downs:

Food Club. I just blindly copy this guy's bets as he wins pretty consistently. With an old account and a good winning streak you could get that map in like two weeks or less.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I am a sucker for any reality show that involves fixing a failing business. They are all virtually the same show and formulaic as hell but I can't stop watching.

IMJack posted:

Pop punk and almost anything similar. Blink-182, Alkaline Trio, Fallout Boy...

Good to know I am not alone.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lotish posted:

We miss you in the Dragon Age: Inquisition thread.

I'll come back when I have time, and the inclination. But right now the only elf man who might be gay is bald? This disappoints me, a lot. :argh:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOL8fDISewA

It's even got a JSRF picture and the long, weird pause at the start.

Haha, I've never even played this game, and I like this.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

I frequently wear a fedora. It's the best hat for rainy weather, like an umbrella for your head.

I shave my neck and don't address women m'lady though. Even I have some standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I like Lady Gaga unironically. :(

• Locked thread