Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichole
Nov 5, 2009
When I'm feeling down and just kind of frustrated with life I will rock out to the Grateful Dead's "Touch of Grey." I always feel better afterward. I know it is a really cheesy song, but I just don't care.

I will also watch Diners, Drive-inns and Dives for hours. I know Guy Fieri is a tool and the food doesn't always look very appealing, but I can't stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014
Ridiculous over-the-top action movies from the 80s and early 90s. I have seen Showdown in Little Tokyo more times than any sane human being ever should. I unironically love Dolph Lundgren.

I love vintage slasher films. It's my absolute favorite subgenre of horror. No matter how formulaic, I just love the hell out of some dude in a mask slicing and dicing his way through a bunch of people at a summer camp/college campus/high school/slumber party/whatever.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
World of Warcraft is easily the worst thing I have ever liked and I consider my involvement with it evidence of a life gone badly awry.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pick posted:

I'll come back when I have time, and the inclination. But right now the only elf man who might be gay is bald? This disappoints me, a lot. :argh:

yes yes pick, we get it, you're a furry, stop bringing it up all the time

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Cradle of Filth. Their easily one of the worst bands I've ever heard but I like them anyway.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Pet sites. It started with Neopets at age 11 and ever since then I'll have a pet site binge every two years or so. I always hide it from my friends, it's embarrassing. But they're just so much fun to get into.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Drum posted:

Pizza Hut.

There are so many pizza places out there that are a million times better, but damned if I don't love me a Pizza Hut pan pizza with extra cheese.

This, but with pretty much any pizza. Totinos, Papa Johns, yes even Little Caesars. I just like pizza.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Cradle of Filth. Their easily one of the worst bands I've ever heard but I like them anyway.

Even though I grew out of my metal phase nearly 20 years ago, and even though it was an album that was supposedly just thrown together to fulfill a contractual obligation, the V Empire EP is still one of my all-time favorite albums. Dusk... and Her Embrace wasn't so bad, either.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Alouicious posted:

yes yes pick, we get it, you're a furry, stop bringing it up all the time

I'm not a furry, and elves don't make you a furry. Elves are mainstream. All of us creepy girls were pathetically into Orlando Bloom's Legolas in the early 2000s.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

RainbowCake posted:

Also Neopets. A couple years ago I discovered my now 13-year-old account is still active, and there's one particular game that gives you more neopoints with account age, so it makes my inner 11-year-old very satisfied to rake in tens of millions. Then every few months I'll hold a big giveaway and empty my bank account to buy a bunch of poo poo for the crazy 20-year-old girls obsessed with one-upping each other on who can make the prettiest pets. The community is batshit crazy and I stay the hell away other than those giveaways but I like making people happy because I'm a giant pansy :shobon: also I really don't have anything else to spend it on because that game is really the only thing I do on the site

I just logged into my account from middle school because of this post,. You monster.

ThanatosOfOne
Mar 24, 2009
I wear a fedora when it is cold and wet, and I have a london fog trench coat that is worn at the same time. That hat keeps the rain off my face and the coat is warm and damned near 100% waterproof. Also, As a 40 year old man, I know that I should have grown out of it, but dammit man, I love listening to Korn...

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Hoarding shows, especially A&E's version. TLC's version is ok but it usually has fewer horror houses so it doesn't always capture my attention.

I also love Bad Girls Club. A former roommate got really close to being cast (she might actually have been, she moved out before I could find out) and considering she was on Jerry Springer show she'd fit right in. There's just something ridiculously entertaining about watching people do dumb poo poo on camera.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Any reality TV like everyone else said. I spend way to much time watching Ink Masters for someone who only has one tattoo and isn't really interested in that culture. I can barely cook macaroni but sure i'll watch a marathon of Chef Masters or whatever. I used to religiously watch Big Brother but I havn't watched it in a few years now.

I also LOVE stuff like Blink 182, Good Charlotte, and Taking Back Sunday. I know the lyrics are terrible but for some reason I like whiny lyrics mixed with fast moving music.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Pokemon. Despite the fact that the games hardly change and the Pokemon designs are getting weirder by the year, I'll be damned if I can't immediately rattle off the ones in my current team. There's something about the art style and the way the battles are technical without requiring a bunch of number crunching that I have never found in any other game series.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Neopets also :(
Virtual pet sites in general, really. Most of them suck and the communities around them are all loving weird, but I love picking out a horrible anime pet and dressing it and making pretend money for it.

Also leggings as pants forever.

ED-E My Love
Feb 26, 2014

The cutest lil' eyebot in the Wasteland

carry on then posted:

Pokemon. Despite the fact that the games hardly change and the Pokemon designs are getting weirder by the year, I'll be damned if I can't immediately rattle off the ones in my current team. There's something about the art style and the way the battles are technical without requiring a bunch of number crunching that I have never found in any other game series.

I def. wouldn't call Pokemon terrible, but yeah, I love it too. The games have always been good, they just got so complacent with the formula from DPP onward. X and Y were a definite step in the right direction with 3D models, Mega Evolutions, FINALLY something fun for online (Wonder Trade) and, imo anyway, the best creature designs since RSE. I'm a complete sucker for Pokemon and I really don't feel any shame about it. I collect the cards, plush toys and figures, and play competitively on Pokemon Showdown/Pokemon Online. It's fun as hell. Pokemon has always sort of been my hobby. I grew out of Yu-Gi-Oh, Final Fantasy, Sailor Moon, Digimon, and various others but Pokemon has something that really stands out from the rest. :spergin:

Treguna Mekoides
Jun 17, 2008

A witch is always a lady except when circumstances dictate otherwise.
I unironically adore FEDS, all of the Revenge of the Nerds movies, Big Fish, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Little Shop of Horrors, and My Blue Heaven. The more earnest and "used to play at 11pm on Comedy Central in 2002" a movie is, I'm there. I love the new Amazing Spider-man movies.

When I'm not reading the Vorkosigan Saga (which has won awards and can be argued to be rather good for SF, natch) or rereading Great Novels I enjoyed in my undergrad, I'm reading urban fantasy. The trashier and more possessive the beastly supernatural dude, the happier I am. Someday someone will combine urban fantasy novels and traditional fantasy novels and I'll ready trashy books about orc PIs schtupping elfin lady mechanics and I will not be remotely sorry. I'm 28 goddamn years old.

Spotify just updated me telling me Me First & the Gimme Gimmes have a new album out. I squealed. I don't even like NOFX and Swingin Udders--I always preferred Bad Religion and Failure. :shobon:

Nthing, of course, Chopped and Top Chef. Oh my God CHOPPED, why are you so addictive?

PS: If you like neopets, flightrising.com lets you breed, raise, cockfight, and RPG level up baby dragons with their own lineages and everything. It is terrible and I adore it.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I spend an embaressingly large amount of time on Buzzfeed. Not even reading the articles I'm personally interested in, just whatever comes up. 12 truths all women should know about bras? *click* 29 Gifs that sum up living in Hong Kong? *click*

Avocados posted:

Maplestory. Still a bit of a grindfest, immature community,constant server outages, congestion problems on training maps. But I get a terrible itch to binge on it once every few months. As far as an MMO is concerned, it's really colorful and has a zillion different themes. So leveling from 1-120 takes you through sleepy villages, ghetto modern towns, shopping malls, mushroom kingdoms, desert castles, a New York City look-alike and other stuff. If they seriously revamped gameplay while still keeping everything else, I'd be hopelessly addicted to it.

I used to do this too, right down to the binging every few months, but I think I kicked the habit once I realised to get the endgame skills, you need to participate in the completely broken economy where literally everything costs several million gold. They might have changed that now though.

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
I love good beer but I regularly buy 12-packs of Natty Ice and drink the whole thing in a sitting because the nice beers aren't to be wasted on getting lovely. I also know how to cook decently but eat Taco Bell for dinner 3-5 nights a week. When I'm really broke I go back to my old college go-to of bottom-shelf vodka and Kool-Aid. It's not great but it works. I'm going to die.

salty fries make me cry has a new favorite as of 11:42 on May 14, 2014

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Quint Gets Eaten posted:

I unironically love Dolph Lundgren.

Dolph Lungdren is who I want to be when I grow up. Yes, I'm a pudgy gamer in his thirties, but there is still hope.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Red Bones posted:

I used to do this too, right down to the binging every few months, but I think I kicked the habit once I realised to get the endgame skills, you need to participate in the completely broken economy where literally everything costs several million gold. They might have changed that now though.

They have. Now everything costs several billion mesos instead.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Reality tv shows revolving around tattoos. They're awful but I can't stop!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Turfahurf posted:

I love good beer but I regularly buy 12-packs of Natty Ice and drink the whole thing in a sitting because the nice beers aren't to be wasted on getting lovely. I also know how to cook decently but eat Taco Bell for dinner 3-5 nights a week. When I'm really broke I go back to my old college go-to of bottom-shelf vodka and Kool-Aid. It's not great but it works. I'm going to die.

$5/bottle wine is my go to for getting drunk when I don't care about the taste, because for $10 I can get nicely drunk but not have enough to end up with a terrible hangover the next day. And mostly at that price it's not horrible, just really generic and uninteresting.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

Buttrock poo poo like Crush 40 and the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack. Completely devoid of artistic merit but they're just so much fun!

Not all cheesy/bad rock is buttrock :argh:

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Goddammit this thread made me log back in into my 12 year old Neopets account. I can't believe how entertaining a site for 10 year olds can be.

My awful thing I love though is really godawful action movies. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Van Helsing, and Dead Heat are my some of my favorites. I love the bad Marvel movies like Fantastic Four, too. Anything that's just incredibly dumb or cheesy is right up my alley.

Diet Conan Doyle has a new favorite as of 14:24 on May 14, 2014

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious
I wouldn't know Deep Blue Sea is a bad movie except that people tell me when I mention it.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My workout mix for cardio days is basically 100 percent Kesha. That poo poo's my jam.

From page one. I do this to. For the tempo. Shut up.

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu
^^Edit: My running mix might have some Kelly Clarkson on it for the same reason. And by some I mean like 12-16 songs.

Fourthing? Fifthing? Honey Boo Boo. Coming from a low-income, rural Southern area myself, I can totally understand Mama June's willingness to let people laugh at her while she puts all that sweet mockery money in the bank for those girls. She's kinda gross, but I do think a lot of it is trolling. She's in on the joke. And Alana is the most adorable, happiest, most positive little girl. I would unironically ask for that girl's autograph if I ever met her.

I also love me some Top Model, Project Runway, and Maury.

I think some Eurovision songs are actually quite good. I unironically jammed to "Only Teardrops" last year.

I'm a huge horror buff and I thought The Village was actually a good movie. Sure, it was predictable, but aren't most movies?

Das Boo posted:

I like My Chemical Romance
I still sport the Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge era faux-military MCR patch from Hot Topic on my denim jacket. :hfive:

Aerofallosov posted:

I like Lady Gaga unironically. :(
B-b-b-but she's not terrible at all.

Taliaquin has a new favorite as of 14:48 on May 14, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My music taste is stuck pathetically in the mid-90s. I will fight the case of 1994 being the best year for music in modern memory.

I am also a pro wrestling addict. In an average week, I can watch 6 hours of first-run wrestling, and god knows however much reruns, especially now WWE have made an on-demand service out of their video library.

And one specifically for uk goons: Casualty. Or rather, the first 20 minutes of any episode of Casualty, with the hilariously contrived setup to the injury of the week.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Treguna Mekoides posted:

When I'm not reading the Vorkosigan Saga (which has won awards and can be argued to be rather good for SF, natch) or rereading Great Novels I enjoyed in my undergrad, I'm reading urban fantasy. The trashier and more possessive the beastly supernatural dude, the happier I am. Someday someone will combine urban fantasy novels and traditional fantasy novels and I'll ready trashy books about orc PIs schtupping elfin lady mechanics and I will not be remotely sorry. I'm 28 goddamn years old.

http://www.amazon.com/Grunts-Mary-Gentle/dp/0451454537/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400082351&sr=8-1&keywords=grunts
This book is for you.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Waffle House.

It's somehow trashier than Denny's, but when you're sitting in that little booth with a couple of hot waffles drenched in syrup and butter, all seems right in the world.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Drum posted:

Waffle House.

It's somehow trashier than Denny's, but when you're sitting in that little booth with a couple of hot waffles drenched in syrup and butter, all seems right in the world.

Waffle House is the best. It is trashy breakfast comfort food, and their grits at our local one are better than IHOP's.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

And one specifically for uk goons: Casualty. Or rather, the first 20 minutes of any episode of Casualty, with the hilariously contrived setup to the injury of the week.

I'm not remotely ashamed of my love for that show. Even the 30 minutes after the gory accidents. But who will sleep with the sexy doctor/nurse/consultant/porter this week :ohdear:

I also religiously watch Waterloo Road, but at least I'm ashamed of that one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Someone else mentioned Little Caesar's, I love Little Caesar's but a little bit of that is probably because I am a SE Michigan native (the people who own them also own a couple Detroit pro sports teams)

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

C-Euro posted:

Someone else mentioned Little Caesar's, I love Little Caesar's but a little bit of that is probably because I am a SE Michigan native (the people who own them also own a couple Detroit pro sports teams)

I don't think little caesars used to always be a hot and ready joint. Waaaay back in the mid to late 90s I loving loved their stuff.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

As much as Little Caesar's is definitely meh, I can't say no to five dollar large pizzas. I'll often New Haven them up by mixing garlic, olive oil, and canned clams and pouring that poo poo all over it in order to give them some personality; you could do a lot worse.

As for terrible things, I still love the steampunk aesthetic. I don't like how it draws libertarians like flies to poo poo, of course, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. I would kill for one of those brass keyboards with typewriter keys, as well as a sharp looking three piece suit with a decent hat now commonly associated with insufferable people (top hat, derby, fedora, etc).

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Lunchables are a good meal. Just the basic cheese, ham, and crackers.

Hot Pockets; only the four-cheese variety. I'll eat like, six at a time.

Any pizza, but especially cheap and fast pizza. Just slap some sauce on bread and melt cheese on it.

Online quizzes, especially from Buzzfeed. In the same vein, Buzzfeed.

Dating sims/RPGs. I still play the Love Hina dating sim on Newgrounds.

I'm still playing Sims 2, and only Sims 2.

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Waffle House is the best. It is trashy breakfast comfort food, and their grits at our local one are better than IHOP's.
Nowhere else can you get a rather tasty cheeseburger with a waffle on the side.

ProperGanderPusher posted:

As much as Little Caesar's is definitely meh, I can't say no to five dollar large pizzas. I'll often New Haven them up by mixing garlic, olive oil, and canned clams and pouring that poo poo all over it in order to give them some personality; you could do a lot worse.
I used to work at one in college, and while their ingredients are super-cheap, those of us working there could make some reasonably good pizzas. The problem is that there are rules, usually strictly enforced, governing how much of each ingredient can be placed on a pizza (especially cheese, holy poo poo will they enforce the cheese rules). My manager was awesome, though, so as long as no other managers were present, around closing time we could go hog wild. They still weren't anything special due to the low-quality ingredients, but they weren't bad.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

gandhichan posted:

Miley loving Cyrus.

This. And girly pop music in general. Katy Perry, Taylor swift, loving Vanessa Carlton. I also un-ironically liked "What Does The Fox Say" and "#selfie".

I maintain that Home Alone 3 is the best of the Home Alone films.

There was a short lived mystery/horror series called "Happy Town" on ABC a couple of years ago which got cancelled mid season. The acting was hammy and terrible as was the writing, but gently caress I loved that show and still long for something similar years later. I also stuck with Dexter to the end (although I can't say I enjoyed it).

Tea Bone has a new favorite as of 21:24 on May 14, 2014

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Frostwerks posted:

I don't think little caesars used to always be a hot and ready joint. Waaaay back in the mid to late 90s I loving loved their stuff.

They used to do the same thing as Dominoes and Pizza Hut. I couldn't tell you when they changed because they flat gently caress got out of town some time near the year 2000 and the next time they were back their pizzas were MUCH shittier but also cheaper.

Somehow I keep forgetting the "lovely" party until I buy them again because drat it, that's a deal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.

Yargh posted:

I'm still playing Sims 2, and only Sims 2.

Sims 2 is the best Sims game, hands down. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time browsing mods for that game. So many talented people making pretty things! I didn't like Sims 3 much, but I'm hoping Sims 4 will be good, the CAS looks promising so far at least.

Speaking of games, I still get the urge to binge play Zoo Tycoon once in a while.

With so many people digging up their old Neopets accounts, I kind of want a virtual pet site thread in Games now...

• Locked thread