Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm a huge sucker for generic, "LOTR-style" high fantasy in any medium. People bitch about how it all blends together but it scratches an itch for me. Oblivion takes flak for falling into that trope but I really liked that part of it. And Snow White and the Huntsman came on TV the other day and I remembered how much I love that movie (I also think the movie has amazing art direction/visuals and Charlize Theron is so awesome in it)

I kind of enjoy the lovely TV my girlfriend watches. Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, various cooking shows or episodic comedies etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

relax-o-vision posted:

Also, Dragon Age II isn't nearly as bad as people say.

Somewhere in the first couples pages of the "Favorite Poorly-Received Game" thread there's a few posts about how Dragon Age II is an amazing work of (mostly unintentional) satire towards RPGs, go find them if you have a spare moment.

Khazar-khum posted:

Project Runway is pure gold. When Tim says "Use our current sponsor's wall very thoughtfully" you know there's a design trainwreck on the way.

Tim Gunn rules.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

NotAnArtist posted:

New Girl. Zoe Deschanel and stupid quirky humor.

Yeah I like that one too, except lately my girlfriend has been trending more towards The Mindy Project which I don't think is as good (but I watch it with her anyway)

Speaking of TV, I devoured the first two seasons of Once Upon a Time on Netflix, partially due to my aforementioned love of kitschy high fantasy and partially because it had a bunch of people from LOST working on it (also because I have a crush on Regina/the Evil Queen :swoon:). I haven't bothered to see if season 3 is on there yet but you can bet I'll be back on the wagon once it is.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Someone else mentioned Little Caesar's, I love Little Caesar's but a little bit of that is probably because I am a SE Michigan native (the people who own them also own a couple Detroit pro sports teams)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Phantasium posted:

They used to do the same thing as Dominoes and Pizza Hut. I couldn't tell you when they changed because they flat gently caress got out of town some time near the year 2000 and the next time they were back their pizzas were MUCH shittier but also cheaper.

Somehow I keep forgetting the "lovely" party until I buy them again because drat it, that's a deal!

You can get deep dish Hot-n-Readys for $7, if you didn't already know. They're amazing and if you're already getting fast food pizza you might as well go for the gusto.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Techno Remix posted:

However, my favorite way to do this is binge on one of my favorite, cheap shows: Jackass. We have all the TV bits, the "Lost Tapes", all three movies, and all the little extra discs that get put out in between like 2.5. We could go through Jackass a hundred times and to me it will never be less than 100% funny. I will laugh myself sick and never, ever apologize for it.

Related to Jackass, I "binged" on Wild Boys a couple years back with some friends from work, check it out if you haven't. It's only two or three seasons and you'll actually learn something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I've been watching a lot of Sailor Moon with my fiance over the past couple months. Gotta make that Hulu+ subscription count!

• Locked thread