Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011
Dune. The version David Lynch took his name off of. I think early 80's Sting makes a pretty good bad guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

IshmaelZarkov posted:

Kitchen Nightmares.

I don't care if it's probably scripted. I don't care if Gordon Ramsay is a giant tool. All I know is that for forty five minutes a week, I can sit down in front of my television and watch a pure stream of distilled guilty pleasure. It's hardwired somewhere deep in my brain that the dirtier a kitchen is in that show, the more I smile.

I love that goddamn show.

I like to describe that show as an angry Scottish guy invading your local eatery and verbally assaulting the staff and owners. It's good TV.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Vorpal Cat posted:

Any of the dumb gameshows on food network, Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, ect. I don't know why but watching people cook under stupid and arbitrary rules is far more entertaining then it has any right to be. Its just about the only TV I bother watching anymore besides the Amazing Race, which also belongs in this thread.

I think I would appreciate Chopped more if they just got random people off the street and gave them a bunch of weird stuff that they had to cook with. Not knowing how to cook would be a prerequisite. The judges would still have to taste everything, especially that smug lady who always looks at the contestants like she scraped them off her shoe.

EDIT: To contribute, I love shows like Wipeout and Ninja Warrior

EDIT 2: I forgot Solitary. Torture of humans aired as a game show is awesome.

MadMattH has a new favorite as of 04:42 on May 11, 2014

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

LoveMeDead posted:

I love Solitary also. I also love Big Brother, Survivor, The Real World, and the Mtv Challenge shows. Yes, I'm a 41 year old woman.

It's all our fault, we caused reality tv.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Treguna Mekoides posted:

When I'm not reading the Vorkosigan Saga (which has won awards and can be argued to be rather good for SF, natch) or rereading Great Novels I enjoyed in my undergrad, I'm reading urban fantasy. The trashier and more possessive the beastly supernatural dude, the happier I am. Someday someone will combine urban fantasy novels and traditional fantasy novels and I'll ready trashy books about orc PIs schtupping elfin lady mechanics and I will not be remotely sorry. I'm 28 goddamn years old.

http://www.amazon.com/Grunts-Mary-Gentle/dp/0451454537/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400082351&sr=8-1&keywords=grunts
This book is for you.

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Waffle House is the best. It is trashy breakfast comfort food, and their grits at our local one are better than IHOP's.

Waffle House is one of those places where you know exactly what the food is going to taste like just by the smell of the place out in the parking lot. Did you know there is a chain of knock off Waffle Houses?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huddle_House
Their website looks better than Waffle House's but if you do an image search their buildings look almost the same with the same style signs and lettering, just different colors. The last one I was inside of even had the same floor plan of a Waffle House.

On the Little Caesars talk, they have some pretty good thick crust. It's about like the old menu "baby pan-pan" pizza that they used to have only each one is 4 slices instead of the old 2, but in the box you get 2 of those so 8 total squares. You end up with about the same amount as 2 of their regular pizzas. It's $3 extra but not made ahead of time (just call before you go), so it's fresh anyway. All in all a much better deal than the $5 ones if you don't mind the wait.

MadMattH has a new favorite as of 00:06 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

Forgot to mention it before, but I'm the guy who buys and enjoys these:

You are by far the sickest of us all.

• Locked thread