Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I pretty much play no video games besides the latest call of duty, I love the sci-fi/syfy channel original movies they used to do marathons of on the weekends unironically, and I like cheesy country music. I also prefer terrible beer like steel reserve to the expensive microbrew stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Red Bones posted:

I used to do this too, right down to the binging every few months, but I think I kicked the habit once I realised to get the endgame skills, you need to participate in the completely broken economy where literally everything costs several million gold. They might have changed that now though.

They have. Now everything costs several billion mesos instead.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Something I've been binging through on netflix is definitely terrible, but I can't stop. The "Unsealed: ____ Files" - I think there are only Alien Files and Conspiracy Files right now. There is a bit of overlap between the two, but I love listening to crazy people talk about secret nazi bases in Antarctica/time traveling hitler, alien battles in Dulce, New Mexico, etc. In pretty much every story the argument always boils down to "this sounds completely crazy and can't possibly be true...or can it?", usually said with an ominous sound effect by Bill Birnes (PhD, as they like to remind you every time he's on screen) via a lovely-audio skype call.

My favorite episodes are the Dulce base stuff. If you thought the alien labs under the Denver airport conspiracy theory was crazy, this one takes it to another level. They show some layout of the base some ~informant~ drew for them that is seriously just a rectangle with 7 levels and an elevator down the middle drawn in what I like to think is crayons. This is the lab where we work together with aliens to create human+reptilian hybrids and also harvest human organs to feed the aliens, I guess. I don't know - it seems like every episode they change the story about what the purpose of this thing is. Then one time a human tried to go down to the alien-only levels and started a war, and one of the guests on the show was totally there and lost 3 of his fingers from an alien laser beam. This is all interspersed between more mundane things like standard abductions, cattle mutilations, alien implants, etc.

I'm pretty sure the show is at least a little self-aware because it is pretty hilarious (at least, I think it is) at times. It seems to be a show whose target audience finds Ancient Aliens too tame and reasonable. Terrible, but I can't stop watching.

• Locked thread