Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Corypheus

Despite wanting to watch the fascinating chaos that wave of fear had caused, first he had to center himself. Taking a deep breath, Corypheus slowly pushed the horrifying images out of his mind, and brought his concentration to bear fully on the hangar once again. Looking around and clearly observing the disaster once again, he decided to wait for the moment while the rest of the group also recovered. And take some better cover.

Focusing on the large, armored spacecraft right in front of them, he decided to drift into it.

Snapping out of Shock: 1d100 29

Floating through the Starhawk bomber Waci's frozen behind. If there's no one in it, moving on top of it and taking cover fully behind the upper turret. If it's made of a transparent material, observing the broken squads through it, rather than actually exposing myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

Lysander reaches up and pulls a chunk of still-glowing shrapnel from his neck, utterly stunned (and slightly amused) at the utter chaos of the last few moments. It was how Naff would've wanted to go, of course, but Naff was all that was left of the Warp Maggots warband. Lysander knew better than to think that anything could escape the touch of death, but this was still a blow. He scarcely even noticed the smell of smoldering flesh as he simply stood in place, pondering what this meant for the future.

WP check for fire: 1d100 63

Welp. RPing this as shock about Naff because seriously, the fire has a 1/10 chance to actually wound me and it'll take like 9 rounds to knock me out, I doubt I even feel it.

Spending 1 IP to heal 6 wounds.
pre:
WS    BS    S      T    Agi    Int    Per    WP    Fel
41    49  45(65)  54    31     40      32     40    64

Wounds: 18/28       IP: 4/5
Armour: 8 All

Weapon                  Range  Fire    Damage    Pen   Ammo  Clips  Reload  Special

Plasma Gun               90m   S/2/–   1d10+8E    10    25    --    5 Full   Maximal(+10m range, +1d10 Dam, +2 Pen, 3x ammo consumption, Recharge) 
-GQ (Reliable), Overheats (91+ roll=hit to arm, Agi test or drop, next round cooldown), RDLS (+10 BS Single Shot), Extended Mag

Power Sword                            1d10+5E    5                          Power Field, Balanced (+10 Parry)
-GQ (+5 hit/parry), Cursed Metal (Test toughness after battle if ever used, fail=1 wound taken ignoring all armor and toughness)

Good Laspistol           30m   S/2/–   1d10+2E,   0     30    --    Half     Reliable

Blight Grenades          18m   S/-/-   2d10E      0      1     12            Toxic (2), Blast (6)(cloud remains for 1d10 rounds, deals 1d10E Toxic damage to anyone entering it) 
-(All damage ignores armor that isn't sealed)

Haywire Grenades         18m   S/-/-   0          0      1     3             Haywire (3)

Notable Abilities:

-Awareness 32
-Dodge 31
-Parry 41 Base
--Power Sword Parry:  36 (lack weapon training (power), bonuses come out to -5)
-Unnatural Toughness (+4)

-Vomit Toughness Bonus worth of Nurglings as free action once per battle (Each makes a Melee Attack at WS 30 at an enemy within 3 metres, 
dealing 1d10+1R Pen 0 Damage with the Toxic (1) Quality, then dissipates back into the Warp in a cloud of foul smelling mist)

-Stuff of Nightmares
-Unshakeable Will
-Quick Draw
-Nerves of Steel
-Mighty Shot (+1/2 BS bonus to all ranged damage)
-Master Chirurgeon
-Jaded
-Iron Discipline (Followers reroll failed WP tests against Fear/Pinning)
-Inspire Wrath
-Hatred: Adeptus Astartes
-Disturbing Voice
-(Power Armor)
--Size (Hulking) 
--Dark Sight
--Heightened Senses (Sight, Sound)
-Trophy Rack (-5 WS to enemies in melee)

Immunities/Resistances:

-Psychic Power Resistance (+10 to tests against)
-SoN: Immune to poison, bleeding, stunning, disease, breathing, most environmental hazards, 
and crit effects except those that destroy me outright or come from psychic powers, force weapons, or sanctified weapons

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 17, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Werix posted:

Dulsatae, Herald of Nurgle's Comforting Embrace

Dulsatae cocks his head in the direction of the explosions as the plasma bombs detonate. That such destruction was being wrought with no Input from the Death Guard was something he regretted, but he would take advantage of the situation. Drawing his plasma gun and combibolter, he begins to scan the deck for some conveyance that would carry their whole war band once their deed was done.

He scans for a Storm Eagle, that would be the preferred conveyance, though its presence would mean that Loyalist marines were aboard.

Okay, looking for some ship big enough to hold us. Skipping fighters and bombers, looking for lighters, landers, or a storm eagle.

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

The big yellow ships on the north side just so happen to be IMPERIAL LANDERS!

I'm gonna clarify this for you so you understand what it means to hijack one of these landers. You need to get it down the flightline, clear one of the starhawk bombers that was being taxi'd to the elevators out of the way, then load the Lander onto the lift. Then press button and get out. Also I'm taking you guys out of combat time. State what you guys do within the next 3-5 minutes. Mopping up imperial guardsmen I won't even bother rolling for, likewise fragging the guard towers to clean out the heavy bolter emplacements I'll allow to be a given. After 5 minutes, the guard squads that you saw on the map earlier will be back in their original purposes and you potentially will have a firefight.

You will need 15-20 minutes to get the Lander loaded. Alternatively you can just head up to the flight deck and see whats up there. There may or may not be a stormbird or thunderhawk from the imperial fist contingent thats fighting at the bridge. I assume the other part would have told you that they made contact with Space Marines on the bridge.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Looks like I'm 3/3 on each team before I can post. THat means 3 players on each group that needs to post. Also Lord Koth, the canopy cannot be seen through normally but you can see out of it if you moved into it. There would be a pilot and crew inside. I'm not sure of the crew specifications but I'd assume at least 4 people in a bomber of this size, give or take one. They shouldn't be an issue I assume either for seeing you or having to be murdered with brain powers.

Also Lysander you can spend 2 IP if you wish but I'd recommend just spending one. You heal the max for being nurgle remember. Kayleen can patch up anything after the fact once you kill these space marines. It was a brutal combat but they are down to 3 and they aren't in that stupid squad mode, which was deathwatch core rulebook codex attack pattern "Fire for Effect" incase you were wondering by the way.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
Well, since she's on fire, there is only one logical thing to do.

1d100 95

Or she could lie down on the floor. While on fire. Whatever.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Since we're out of combat time, does that mean I'm out of my fugue?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MaliciousOnion posted:

Since we're out of combat time, does that mean I'm out of my fugue?

C, I should have clarified that. You should have gotten over your fear in about 15-30 seconds tops, you are heretics. Carry on play normally.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Kothurchu

Pain.

Pain was the spice to the meat and drink of conflict and gore. As the blast rips into his chest, Kothurchu can feel the shearing hot pain well up into his nerves. The blood soaked interior of his power armor gets a fresh coat as he hits a bulkhead with a large THUD. The impact is with such force that it disrupts the power systems, making him feel the full weight of the armor. It does not really matter, as it is the first blow in decades to actually stun him. As he lays there, he can feel the Red God calling to him.

"I shall give you a second chance. Do not fail me again."

Horrible warp powers begin to knit together the torn flesh. Blood majik and flesh unite in a unholy ceremony. Kothurchu has never felt so alive in his entire life, his will focused into the most pure of goals.

Standing up to the utter horror of his foes, who thought him dead at the first glance he bellows a terrible war cry to shake their souls with fear.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

He rushes toward the nearest foe and slashed. There is no grace or fluidity to the attack. There is only fury and the want of death.

DOING THE THING BELOW BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

Move and lighting attack closest enemy

Lighting attack: 71-10(lighting attack)+5(GQ Weapons)=66 TN

Lighting Attack: 1d100 61

1 Hit

Damage: 1d10+18 26 with 7 Pen

Any weapon that parries this hit is automatically destroyed unless it has a power field or is a force weapon.

Dodge if hit at with gunfire. Parry at 91 if hit in melee. Any weapon that I parry is auto destroyed as above. Also use counter attack for immediate free attack if parry is successful. TN on that is 41. Note that due to Step Aside I have two parry/dodge attempts per round, although they both can't be used against the same attack.

Spend three infamy points to heal wounds and all Critical damage. Effects of critical damage don't go away so I guess I just wait until we all die I wake up

Infamy Point Healing (1d5-1): 3#1d5-1 0 1 4
Minimum of 1 so 6 wounds healed so I think that puts me at 6?

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
71     28     60(70)    60    42     9     31     39     18

Wounds: 19/19      IP: 1/4
Armour: 7 All Force Field: 1-30 Overload: 1-10/ Total damage reduction with TB: 13
Initiative: +6

Weapon                  Range  Fire    Damage    Pen   Ammo  Clips  Reload  Special

Bolt Pistol          30m  S/2/-   1d10+5 X  4     8/8   -     2 Full   Tearing
Inferno Pistol      10m  S/-/-   2d10+10 E  12     3/3   2     Full    Melta   
Power Sword        20m  -/-/-   1d10+18 E  7     -/-   -     -     Power Field,
-Balanced (+10 Parry) GQ (+5 Hit and Parry) Duelist Grip (+5 Parry) Storm Field*

Legion Frag      30m  S/-/-   2d10+2 X  0     1/1   -     12 -   Blast(4)
Legion Krak      30m  S/-/-   2d10+8 X  6     1/1   -     3 -  

*Storm Field: +2 Damage and Pen/Auto-destroys non-power/force/natural/warp weapons that are involved in a parry
On unmodified 91-00 take hit that cannot be evaded w/o strength bonus (1d10+7)

Notable Abilities:
- Attacks during a charge cannot be parried by enemies
- Awareness 31
- Dodge 52
- Parry 81 Base
       -w/ Power Sword 101
- Jaded
- Unnatural Strength (4)
- Brutal Charge (4) 
- Quick Draw
- Rapid Reload
- Disarm
- Counter Attack
- Furious Assault
- Battle Rage
- Frenzy
- Combat Master
- Swift Attack
- Step Aside
- Crushing Blow
- Lightning Attack
- Blademaster
- Raptor

Immunities and Resistances:
- Resistant Psychic Powers
- Nullify all direct and AOE psychic powers against me (Brass Collar of Khorne)

Zikan fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 19, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zikan posted:

Kothurchu

Pain.

Pain was the spice to the meat and drink of conflict and gore. As the blast rips into his chest, Kothurchu can feel the shearing hot pain well up into his nerves. The blood soaked interior of his power armor gets a fresh coat as he hits a bulkhead with a large THUD. The impact is with such force that it disrupts the power systems, making him feel the full weight of the armor. It does not really matter, as it is the first blow in decades to actually stun him. As he lays there, he can feel the Red God calling to him.

"I shall give you a second chance. Do not fail me again."

Horrible warp powers begin to knit together the torn flesh, as Kothurchu tries to will himself back into the fight.

Spend three infamy points to heal wounds and all Critical damage. Effects of critical damage don't go away so I guess I just wait until we all die I wake up

Infamy Point Healing (1d5-1): 3#1d5-1 0 1 4
Minimum of 1 so 6 wounds healed so I think that puts me at 6?

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
61     48     50(60)    50    42     29     31     29     38

Wounds: 6/18      IP: 1/5
Armour: 7 All  Force Field: 1-30 Overload: 1-10
Initiative: +6

Bolt Pistol          30m  S/2/-   1d10+5 X  4     8/8   -     2 Full   Tearing
Inferno Pistol      10m  S/-/-   2d10+10 E  12     3/3   2     Full    Melta   
Power Sword        20m  -/-/-   1d10+17 E  7     -/-   -     -     Power Field,
-Balanced (+10 Parry) GQ (+5 Hit and Parry) Duelist Grip (+5 Parry) Storm Field*

Legion Frag      30m  S/-/-   2d10+2 X  0     1/1   -     12 -   Blast(4)
Legion Krak      30m  S/-/-   2d10+8 X  6     1/1   -     3 -  

*Storm Field: +2 Damage and Pen/Auto-destroys non-power/force/natural/warp weapons that are involved in a parry
On unmodified 91-00 take hit that cannot be evaded w/o strength bonus (1d10+7)

Notable Abilities:
- Attacks during a charge cannot be parried by enemies
- Awareness 31
- Dodge 52
- Parry 71 Base
       -w/ Power Sword 91
- Jaded
- Unnatural Strength (4)
- Brutal Charge (4) 
- Quick Draw
- Rapid Reload
- Disarm
- Counter Attack
- Furious Assault
- Battle Rage
- Frenzy
- Combat Master
- Swift Attack
- Step Aside
- Crushing Blow
- Lightning Attack
- Blademaster
- Raptor

Immunities and Resistances:
- Resistant Psychic Powers
- Nullify all direct and AOE psychic powers against me (Brass Collar of Khorne)

In the spirit of fun, burn 10 infamy/spend the IP you said you'd spend (equivalent to one IP) and I'll allow you to reawaken in a frenzied states with full wounds. Because I feel that keeping you out of combat for 2 rounds is dumb because of mere chance. Go forth and kill.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The Clawman

Having analysed the daemonic apparition and the subsequent reaction the Clawman went through, it sets about recreating and tweaking the experience using specially designed subroutines in a partitioned section of its cerebral implants. Its work done, it then uploads the parcel into its own mind, taking care not to examine the contents too closely. The Clawman reaches out with its psychic attunement, seeking out the loyalist guards and implanting the meme-bomb into their consciousnesses, lashing out at any who come within its reach.

Going to fire off Psychic Scream unfettered as often as I can. WP 62 - 20 (Hard) + 15 (PR) = 57. Otherwise I'll try and generally keep out of the way of gunfire but stick with the rest of the group.

pre:
WS  BS  S   T   Ag  Int Per WP  Fel Inf
45  37  40  38  37  50  39  62  33  52

Wounds: 14/14       Parry 45
IP: 5/5             Armour: 12 Head, 17 Else

Lascarbine         75m  S/2/–  1d10+3E  Pen.0  60/60  Half  Best Craftsmanship, Red-dot Laser Sight
Fallen Magos Power Axe         2d10+8E  Pen.6               Power Field, Unbalanced
Blade Tines                    1d5+6R   Pen.2               Tearing, Toxic (0)
Medicae/Torture Mechadendrite  1d5R     Pen.0               Improvised
Bladehands                     1d10+4R  Pen.2               Mono, Tearing, Cursed Metal

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mark Brouhard posted:

In the spirit of fun, burn 10 infamy/spend the IP you said you'd spend (equivalent to one IP) and I'll allow you to reawaken in a frenzied states with full wounds. Because I feel that keeping you out of combat for 2 rounds is dumb because of mere chance. Go forth and kill.

Need confirmation if you are doing this or not Zikan. Note the Infamy burn will burn your spare IP, after that I'll burn 2 of your existing IP you were going to spend to regen wounds, leaving you with one left over. So you'll still have a spare

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Mark Brouhard posted:

Need confirmation if you are doing this or not Zikan. Note the Infamy burn will burn your spare IP, after that I'll burn 2 of your existing IP you were going to spend to regen wounds, leaving you with one left over. So you'll still have a spare

Though my edited post made it clear that I am taking this. Combat block updated was updated as well. So I've got 1/4 left right?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zikan posted:

Though my edited post made it clear that I am taking this. Combat block updated was updated as well. So I've got 1/4 left right?

C ok cool. I'm gonna autopilot nerds and move your scene forward if by the time I've watched game of thrones on sunday/monday everyone else hasn't checked in. So standby for that.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Julian

As soon as the warp rift begins to close, Julian's hallucinatory predator takes off after the fleeing imperials and the scared marine gets up from behind his box and stomps off after the station's defenders.

If they broke and ran, then I'm going to go after them and hopefully catch up before they can organize properly.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

As Dulsatae slowly makes his way to the imperial lander he takes random shots with his combi-bolter at the cowering guardsmen. He looks back at the rest of the group, "Have you all risen out of your fear induced stupor caused by the Sorcerer?" He motions towards the lander with his bolter before firing again at a fleeing deckhand, "is everyone okay with this, or should we go up to the flight deck and find something?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bridge Crew
I told you I'd get around to this poo poo. Sorry for the wait.

The Imperial Fists do not waste time to mourn the commander they've known for decades. They rally immediately on one of their number and counter attack. Konrad levels his bolter at Hugbot and fires a burst of 4 rounds at the machine. 2 of them strike true and it explodes spectacularly. Meanwhile Ramsay charges in close before opening fire on Amirault, figuring at this range he could kill the Black Legionnaire with a short burst. He fails as Amirault dives for cover before the shots can hit him. As he's getting back on his feet Kayleen takes aim at Navarre as he's charging in on Chloe and hits him 3 times with the multilaser. It clearly has damaged him but it didn't seem to slow the marine in the slightest as he does the same thing Ramsay did to Amirault, close to point blank range and fire a burst of bolter rounds to eliminate his target. What he doesn't count on is Chloe's psychic abilities allowing her to see the attack before it happens. She's able to dive low in the right place to avoid the burst completely.

Lysander barely notices the fire burning him but it does take something out of him as he feels a bit more fatigued than usual. He reaches on his belt and throws a haywire grenade at Ramsay. It scatters and detonates, catching just ramsay at the edge of its range. Which is very fortunate for Amirault since it shuts down Ramsay's power armour completely. The Imperial Fists tries to force the suit to move unpowered but is unable to do a thing but watch through his helmet. Vice Admiral Graves comes out from behind a console and his jaw drops. Its been only 10 second and all hell broke loose on his bridge. All the imperial fists but one are incapacitated or dead. He watches in horror as Korthurchu swings his powersword wildly, missing a few swings before connecting and gutting the space marine outright. As he pulls his sword out, the marine falls down unconscious, miraculously still alive. This was a blow that would have killed most space marines. He knows, he's done it before. With that Vice Admiral Graves runs to the back and takes off. Other crewmen follow suit. You hear someone whimpering off to the right, probably behind a console or desk crying for his mother and asking the emperor to save his soul. He doesn't get to see, only hear the screams of Konrad as Amirault ravages him with dual lightning claws. Gutting him and ripping throw both his hearts and lungs before shearing his right arm clean off, the Imperial Fist dies screaming as bright red blood spurts out everywhere before he falls down, lifeless.

Dyne and Xun still have a "turn" but combat is over now. You can help heal eachother, put out Lysander and Chloe's respective fires, do something with the surviving imperial fists, go after the Vice Admiral, kill some bystanders, whatever. Ok gonna hammer out hanger crew's update now.

Casualties (In chronological order)
Mourna, Burns the Innocent (NPC Chosen Chaos Space Marine, Black Legion)
Naff (NPC Minion, Plague Ogryn)
Cyrus The Red (NPC Chosen Chaos Space Marine, Black Legion)
Apothecary Raimer (NPC Imperial Fist Apothecary)
Captain Eason (NPC Imperial Fist Captain)
Hugbot (NPC Hugbot)
Konrad (NPC Imperial Fist Sternguard Veteran)

Notes for Round 2: All Imperial Fists are in Solo Mode, the death of their captain has broke their squad. They no longer gain the benefits of the Signum since Captain Eason, who had the Signum, is dead. Network is off line.
Enemy Status:
Eason: KIA
Konrad: KIA
Navarre: Critical (KO).
Ramsay: Armor Disabled (TKO), Healthy, 1 Fate left.
Raimer: KIA

Crunch from this turn

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 25, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hanger Crew
Julian and The Clawman run after the retreating Imperial Guard soldiers whilst the rest of the group works to secure their transportation. Within 5 minutes, Julian and The Clawman have destroyed an entire platoon of imperial guardsman in the packed corridors of the station. Then the sound of bolter fire makes them pause for a moment. Its not automatic or even burst of fire. Its single shots and its from the direction those guardsmen were running. You hear shouting, screams and more bolter shots. Then you hear bootsteps rushing down the corridor towards you. It sounds like ALOT of soldiers are being sent your way and whoever was firing off bolt shots was making sure they headed the right way. Meanwhile in the hanger, the rest of the squad has mopped up the soldiers in the guard towers. Ciro goes to get one of the tow trucks to pull one of the Imperial Landers out onto the flightline and get it to the lift when he hears the whine of a turbine. He turns his head and slows his roll so he doesn't smack into something and sees a yellow starcraft lower from one of the middle lifts, a squad of Kasrkin formed up in front of it. There's one thing he notices about them right away, every one of them has individualized kit, a mark of a veteran unit. The leader takes aim through a scope on his Plasma Rifle and scans the battlefield before signalling his men to get into the Stormraven for a moment. You all quickly see why as a missle flies off the rail and hits one of the imperial landers, damaging it heavily. Sustained fire from Assault Cannons finishes the ship off and the pilot targets the second imperial lander, destroying it as well.

Ok this is the situation. There are two ways out of the hanger. The lifts which is lowering the Imperial Fist stormraven pictures above and the way you came which is about to get filled up by like a battalion of IG. Dulsatae and Julian are very familiar with the loadout of the Stormraven. So I'm going to post it. Its expended 2 of its 4 Bloodstrike missiles. You have an undetermined amount of time before the Stormraven will begin targeting you guys directly, at the moment its simply going to conduct area suppression because of the sheer amount of poo poo thats in the hanger to block line of sight. There is only one pilot in the front seat, that pilot is a Techmarine, the 6th member of the Imperial Fist contingent on station. Say hello to him would ya. Oh yeah roll initiative and detail general actions since there are no enemies in the hanger yet except for the stormraven/veteran stormtrooper group. Any questions you have about the situation feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. Any crazy ideas you wanna implement, ask and I'll tell you if its possible.

pre:
Type: Spacecraft 
Tactical Speed: 30 m / 30 AUs
Cruising Speed: 3,000 kph Manoeuvrability: +35
Structural Integrity: 35 Size: Enormous
Armour: Front 37, Side 37, Rear 37
Crew: Pilot

Weapons: Front-mounted twin-linked assault cannon (Facing
Front, 150m, –/–/10, 3d10+6 I, Pen 6, Clip 300, Reload
3Full, Tearing, Twin-linked), Twin-linked Heavy Bolters
(Range 150m, Heavy, –/–/10, 2d10+10 X, Pen 6, Clip 400,
Tearing, Twin-linked), 4 Bloodstrike missiles (Facing Front,
750m, S/–/–, 4d10+6 X, Pen 14, each missile can only be
fired once)

Special Rules
Spacecraft: This vehicle may exit the atmosphere of a planet.
While in the atmosphere it may operate as a skimmer or fl yer
at the pilot’s choice. It gains all benefi ts and drawbacks of
skimmers and flyers.
Ceramite Armour: Stormravens are equipped with heatresistant
ceramite armour for atmospheric re-entry. Any
melta-weapons count their AP as 0 against a Stormraven.
Power of the Machine Spirit: The Stormraven is equipped
with a complex core-cogitator that is blessed with an unusually
cunning Machine Spirit. When fi ring the Stormraven’s
weapons, the Stormraven’s pilot may fi re one additional
weapon system. That weapon’s fi ring is directed by the pilot
character, but uses the Machine Spirit’s BS of 50. The attack
does not benefi t from any Talents or other attributes the pilot
possesses (in effect, it is being fi red by the Machine Spirit).

Reinforced Hull: When a vehicle with a Reinforced Hull
receives a Critical Hit, halve the results, rounding up. This
does not affect rolls on the Critical Hit chart generated by
Righteous Fury

Spacecraft: This vehicle may exit the atmosphere of a planet.
While in the atmosphere it may operate as a skimmer or fl yer
at the pilot’s choice. It gains all benefi ts and drawbacks of
skimmers and flyers.

Ceramite Armour: Stormravens are equipped with heatresistant
ceramite armour for atmospheric re-entry. Any
melta-weapons count their AP as 0 against a Stormraven.

Power of the Machine Spirit: The Stormraven is equipped
with a complex core-cogitator that is blessed with an unusually
cunning Machine Spirit. When fi ring the Stormraven’s
weapons, the Stormraven’s pilot may fire one additional
weapon system. That weapon’s firing is directed by the pilot
character, but uses the Machine Spirit’s BS of 50. The attack
does not benefit from any Talents or other attributes the pilot
possesses (in effect, it is being fi red by the Machine Spirit).

Reinforced Hull: When a vehicle with a Reinforced Hull
receives a Critical Hit, halve the results, rounding up. This
does not affect rolls on the Critical Hit chart generated by
Righteous Fury.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 13, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Kayleen
2/5IP

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. NOOOoooo."
Kayleen screams in frustration as the bot goes down. "That took me WEEKS to put together, and you don't even know what it takes to get vibrocrystals from those Slaaneshi freaks." She steps over the piles of the dead and dying and picks through the wreckage of the bot. "Oh well, another chance to build something to make the galaxy a better place!"
A glow emanates from somewhere inside her torso and within seconds the damage from the fight disappears as living metal regenerates itself. "But I forget myself, the first part of the new mechanicus oath: 'First, do harm.'" The narth. pops out of her wrist as she sets about harvesting the gene seed from all of the dead marines, imperial and chaos alike. That done, Kayleen begins putting the Khornate's friendly fire plan into motion, prying open a panel underneath central control revealing a dial with three settings.

THE DIAL posted:

SHOOT OUR DUDES?

-N
-Y
-Only when it would be hilarious

"Welp" Kayleen flips the switch as the station's IFF transponders immediately reverse.

Healed to full. Harvesting what I can (Geneseed from dead dudes and hugbot) and spending an IP on Master Enginseer to autosucceed the Hellish tech-use roll to fire on the other stations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

Patting distractedly at the flames gnawing at the bulges of exposed flesh poking through his armor, Lysander turns to watch the Black Legionnaire tear apart the Marine. "Amirault, when you're done with it, I'd like that chunk of Naff's femur I see in your side. It will be a lovely memento, and perhaps I can bribe a plague sorcerer into following me around if I give it to him as a psy-focus or something. Or I could make it a necklace, if that fails."

Lysander bends down to one of the Space Marine corpses and severs his head cleanly with his power sword. As he reaches up and impales it neck-first onto his trophy rack, he glances around the bridge, his gaze settling on the direction the Admiral ran.

"I don't think the gunners will open fire without encouragement. Anyone who doesn't want to stick around and play with the bodies, follow me and we'll have fun torturing Admiral Whats-His-Name.

EDIT: Yeah, I'll follow that guy.

Medicae Test vs 60: 44, Wounds up to 21/28.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 13, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dulsatae's eyes narrow as the Storm Raven begins to lower from the flight deck above. It is a shame that it is presently occupied, as it would have made a great escape vehicle and fire support platform for opperations below. No matter, it was now just and obsticle, and one that Dulsatae had the proper tools for.

He quickly slings his weapons and draws his ancient missile launcher, letting a krak missile go in the direction of the ship. Since it was currently on the lift, it wouldn't be able to dodge anything.

Initiative: 1d10+4 14

Okay, going to just aim and shoot at the stormraven with my missile launcher until 1) it dies, 2) I die (ha) or 3) I run out of missiles.

DC is 59+10(aim)+10(standard attack)=79

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel  Inf
     51   59  (10)60 (14)71 44   40   43   37   39    50, 5/5 IP

Wounds: 30/40         Armour: 12 Body, 10 All Else. 
Dodge: 44, Parry 71      Corruption: 30

Weapons:(all include relevant talents and traits like rapid repload)
Name               Type  Rang RoF   Dam:   Pen Clp Rld     Spcl

Legion Combibolter Basic 80m  S/4/– 1d10+9X 4  40  1Full   Tearing, Twin-Linked 

Legion Bolt Pistol Pis   30m  S/2/– 1d10+9X 4   8   half   Tearing 

D. of Warmth      Basic  40m        1d10+12 7  N/A  N/A    flame, spray, toxic (3), 
-Plague carrier:gains toxic 3, deals 2d10 toughness if fail, contagious next 7 rounds
-Voidchill: weapon does 1d10 toughness damage if it scores a wound.

L. Miss. L.       Heavy 300m  S/-/-  †      †   3   1.5rnds
-3 clps frag, 2 krak

Name               Type  Rang RoF   Dam:     Pen Clp Rld     Spcl
L. Plasma Gun      Basic 100m S/2/– 1d10+12E 10  24  2.5     Maximal, Overheats

L. Knife           Melee   —   --   1d10+10R  2

Plague Sword       Melee   —   --    1d10+13R 4              Balanced, Toxic (2) 

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous
Bulging  Biceps 
Legion Weapon Training
Exotic weapon training
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold,Heat,Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Lightning Reflexes
Rapid Reload 
Double Team
Deadeye Shot
Fearless
Jaded
Mighty shot
Hip shooting

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The admiral isn't in the immediate vicinity. He fled around the corner into another room. You will have to pursue to have your conversation. Anyone else going with Lysander please speak up within a few days otherwise I'm making GBS threads out a mini update.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The Clawman

"Sorceror, let us unleash the nine hells of the Warp upon these poor souls. Their screams shall be delicious," the Clawman cackles. It begins muttering blasphemous formulae in a twisted version of binary, blood and oil leaking from its respirator.

Waiting for the guardsmen to arrive, then gonna push psychic scream: WP 62 - 20 (hard) + 30 (PR 3 + 3) + 5 (blasphemous incantation) = 77. 1d10+14 E damage, Shocking, Warp Weapon to the head. T - 35 to resist Shocking. I'll target the most important-looking person initially, then most dangerous. Also have to make two Phenomena rolls at +20 and pick one.

If I get into melee, I'll use my power axe and single attack.

Initiative (Combat Formation, Paranoia, Quick and the Dead): 1d10+9 10

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 15, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Corypheus

Given that the Stormraven was still slowly descending, Corypheus knew that the squad inside was still confined with bad visual angles. Should he strike now, it might be possible to catch the entire squad together, before they inevitably got out again and spread out. Though it would certainly help if the Nurglite would stop trying to blow it up. Drifting close to him, he shouted over the noise, "We want it intact! Just wait for them to come out again, as I'm sure they will. If they do not, I shall drive them out."

With that in mind, he floated towards, while pretending to run, and visibly dodged behind the ammunition storage, before drifting through the floor and coming up underneath the lift the Stormraven was descending on. And if they weren't still on board when he tried, well there were still other things to do.

Still incorporeal, so I'm going to draw their fire onto my "cover". I'll be immediately darting through the floor and then underneath them, but with a giant explosion where I supposedly was, maybe they'll get confident they've dealt with a threat.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 21, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Don't forget size modifier bonuses. Also if you hit you hit. There are no dodge rolls obv.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Looks like I'm missing quite a few people. I'm gonna give this till tommorow then I'm updating and killing the noshows. Which is partly my fault for taking almost a full month to update last time, but at the sametime gently caress you poo poo hurt for most of a month too.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
"Argh are we done yet? I want to get out of here." The sniper rolls over, eventually getting the fire put out. What a clusterfuck, where was their second team? You'd think a squad of space marines would be here already. She hops up, carefully inspecting the dead space marines in case they had any good loot.

I was hoping someone would help PUT ME OUT but w/e I guess
1d100vs62 = 34

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Space Marine l00t as follows. All their gear is mastercrafted There are 3 Mastercrafted Phobos pattern Bolters still intact with fire selectors and targeters. One wristmounted stormbolter on the captain though its damaged so it'll need to be repaired extensively due to HUGBOT rocking the poo poo out of it. The Relic Blade is fully intact also mastercrafted. The Apothecaries gear is completed destroyed or heavily damaged. All thats salvageable is his mastercrafted chainsword which will require heavy repairs and alot of time to be returned to its original condition. Ammunition available is as follows. Bolter Ammo: 12 Kraken, 6 Dragonfire, 6 Metalstorm, 6 Vengeance, 15 standard. Each clip contains 30 rounds. Damage profile for the mastercrafted bolters are 1d10+10 Pen 5 with the special qualities Accurate, Reliable, Tearing. The Fire Selector is preloaded with Dragonfire/Kraken/Vengeance.

Captain's stormbolter is wristmounted and therefore cannot immedietely be used but you can remove it from his body and at a later time, mount it on one of the Astartes's powerarmours. Ammo available for it is as follows. 2 Kraken, 2 Dragonfire, 1 Vengeance, 3 Standard. Each box mag contains 60 rounds. The stormbolter will have the unreliable trait and ammo glutton until you repair it due to the ectoplasm cannon's damage.
All deathwatch Mastercrafted rules apply to these items. Consider them a cut above the best a heretic could get.

Oh yeah, the Iron Halo is destroyed due to Xun's sniper shot blowing through Eason's head and out the back, blowing the Iron Halo clean off its backpack mount.

Oh and of course they have combat knives and bolt pistols on them and poo poo. Same level craftmanship.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 17, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Julian

Julian looks at the Clawman and nods. "Yes. They will boil inside their skins." He leans on a wall, waiting for the footsteps and bolter shots to get closer.

Pushing Wind of Chaos at the guardsmen if there's a mass of them in a tight corridor. If there's a clearly identifiable single target of great value, like a dude with a lascannon or a commissar with a power sword, that looks like they mgiht survive the wind and the screaming, I'll sword at them instead.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
"Ooh, nice! I'll be taking this"
Free stuff! Neat. Chloe swipes the bolter ammo and stares at the accompanying imperial bolters, recalling the vision about her drat plasma pistol. Who knows when that thing will actually explode in her face, she never trusted it. Helps that the imperial bolters look awfully nice. She grabs two. Maybe she can figure out how to use them later. She also prys up the remains of the iron halo (it might be lucky) and heads over to Lysander, careful to stay away from the dripping head. Gross.

"I can put a few holes in the Admiral for you."

ALL THE AMMO IS MINE, MINE I SAY!!!

Xun fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 19, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Amirault the Black

Gritting his teeth, Amirault grunts in frustration as his kill is taken from him and the combat is ended before it felt like it began. Kneeling down, he kicks the relic blade from his foe's hand, picking it up and examining it; it'd make a nice trophy, once he bloodied it a bit. He pulls the scabbard from his downed foe and slides the blade into it, slinging it over his shoulder.

When he hears there are survivors, the Black Legionnaire smiles cruelly. "Destroy or remove the power supplies from their armor; it will be nigh impossible for them to move then, and we will have gifts for our dark lords and fonts of information. Damage the joints of their armor, as well; we will keep them trapped in their pitiful shells and roast one for the Dark Prince."

Quickie post at work, taking the blade and starting a torture plan.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bridge Crew

Taking but a minute to decapitate Konrad, Lysander runs after the Vice Admiral but find his path impeded by a locked blast door just before the admiral’s suite. Chloe follows after them and both of them try to use their plasma weapons to blow the lock open without calling after Kayleen to get in unlocked whose busy extracting geneseed anyway from the 3 dead marines. She’s able to extract geneseed even from the Apothecary Raimer whose body is otherwise shredded. Anyway as Chloe and Lysander blow the lock to the blast door and try to lift the thing open Vice Admiral Graves voices goes loud over the intercom. Everyone on the station hears this (even the hanger crew but later.).
“This is Vice Admiral Graves. I don’t have a lot of time so I’m going to make this one fast. All Imperial Guard personnel are to make their way planeside immediately. Black Legion forces are running amok on various levels of the station. As Commanding Officer of this battle station, I will not see her fall into the hands of heretics to be used against our people. Self-Destruct is activated. Those of you who can make it to the dropships, do so. Those who cannot, commit your souls to the emperor. Graves out.” As you are entering a room you hear a bolt pistol shot and then find the headless body of the Vice Admiral. He blew his head clean off with his sidearm rather than be taken alive.
As this is happening, Amirault has cut the powercables that lead from the powerpack to the rest of the armor to supply Ramsay with the power to move his suit. He struggles and curses at you, clearly not happy to literally be helpless in the company of traitors. Meanwhile Korthuchu seems to have fallen during the melee. He was alive and well just after the battles conclusion but just as soon as Kayleen finished pulling out geneseed she noticed the warrior fallen with a look of abject terror on his face and no other sign of death. You didn't hear a peep from him, not a gasp, not a scream. One moment alive, the other dead.

Tell me what you guys do to move this poo poo on so we can get this show on the road. Also the Greater Daemon of Khorne that gave Zikan's dude life took it back when he couldn't even kill a space marine. If zikan ever comes back we'll figure out a way to get you back but for now your soul is a Bloodthirsters bitch.

Hanger Crew
Assault Cannon rounds spit across the hanger suppressing the area where the heretics are trying to take cover. A burst cuts down Ciro and bisects his body clean across his waist. The upper half of his torso falls off the tractor he was driving and the lower half slams the pedal on instinct, not being dislodged until the tractor crashes into a starhawk bomber and explodes spectacularly. Julian and The Clawman use their psychic powers to crush the guardsman but are baited and only kill a few squads sent in to draw their fire before the main assault waves comes. Marshalled forth by a Lord Commissar and his subordinates themselves, these Cadian Shock Troops pour forth through the corridors jumping above the smoldering and shattered bodies of their comrades, firing their lasguns from the hip as they move. Julian and The Clawman fallback down the next corridor and decide how they will proceed.

(You face a Magnitude 90 Horde with the Fire Drill and Disciplined traits from tome of blood. However due to the close confines of the hallway they can only leverage 1/3rd of their numbers against you so for attack purposes they count as if they were magnitude 30 instead. This is because I realized what it really meant to throw 9d10 extra damage via lasguns at you like 10 times. It would mean 2 PCs dead the moment I did it. Should this horde ever break the gently caress out, you’ll be in the poo poo but you guys are the rearguard, it’s your job to prevent that. They will be replenished every 3 or so combat turns with more bodies, up to 30 magnitude at a time due to sheer force of numbers that are being marshalled into the hanger to secure it.)

During a combat turn you can fall back or hold. Falling back means you beat it back to the next corridor/corner and then attack with a half action or so. This means you will not take damage from the horde but they move up. Fall back too far and then you are in the hanger problem and the full horde has the potential to spill out into the open and begin fighting properly. Hold means you’ll be subject to normal horde attack rules aka you attack, they attack, you can’t dodge or parry, and if they do hit you, you get hit by extra damage that makes lasguns look loving dangerous as poo poo. Oh yeah lucky you these guys are only packing lasguns. I’m going to say that you can fall back 4 times before you are in the hanger and are holding them at the entrance to the bay. Fall back again after that or do not keep them suppressed and the whole horde will be in the bay and it’s going to become a party problem, not just a Waci/MO problem.
Also I’m unsure if Fear applies or not, Julian has the highest of you 2 at Fear 2. I might be missing something but I rather put this update out first.)

In the hanger proper, Dulsatae fires a krak missile off at the Storm Raven, doing superficial damage to the hull. However the pilot inside and the stormtrooper crew inside seem to be stunned as they do not disembark. The assault cannon rounds fly wildly into the ceiling and across the hanger and chew it up for almost a minute. The stormraven is no longer a threat. Meanwhile Corypheus, seeing this, continues to float across the hanger trying to get inside though the distance he has to cover is immense.

(I’m going to rule that the stormtrooper crew is out of it for the duration of combat basically, like 8 combat turns and the techmarine is down for 5. The Stormraven is suppressed. Lord Koth, tell me how many rounds it would take you to cover 500 metres to get to the pad, at which case the stormraven would be available to be boarded/hijacked courtesy of your unique powers and skills. Oh yeah you did a grand total of 2 damage to the thing lol.)

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 25, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Julian

Being chased by hordes of angry lasguns is never fun, so while he and Clawman are withdrawing, Julian turns around and channels psychic energy into the hallway behind them, melting the floor for a good 40 metres. A dozen ro so of the pursuing imperials fall through the disappearing deck into a puddle of molten metal somewhere below, and Julian ducks behind a corner, out of sight of the rest of the guardsmen. He looks at the Clawman. "Come. They'll find a way around soon enough. Lets get there before they do." Julian stomps off towards the other hangar entrance, hoping to get there before the guardsmen.

Wind of Chaosing the floor away from under them.

Waci fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 25, 2014

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
Well that's just great. Chloe curses and kicks the Admiral's dumb body in frustration. Knowing she'd be absolutely useless at doing anything about this she turns and marches back.

"Yo Kayleen, you heard that right? How long do you think we got before we start running for the hangar?"

Hmm all these very nice guns are still lying on the ground. It'd be a shame to leave them on an exploding ship...

Gona grab EVERYTHING AS MUCH AS I CAN to pass around with hangarcrew dudes.

Xun fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 25, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen
2/5IP

"Dammit, I hate being rushed." Kayleen walks over to the headless dumbass and looks at the panel. If there a way to turn it off/slow it down?

Tech use roll of 70. Base is 120, -10 for power armor-any other extra penalties. I succeed as long as the penalty total is -50 or less. If its hellish (-60) uh, chloe is trained in tech use, I think, and can Aid me for a +10 to negate that)

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

"Tch, what a coward. Not that I blame him. So much for the original plan. Perhaps we should actually try to accelerate the countdown without alerting the Imperials to the change; if they expect more time to escape then they have, we'll catch far more in the blast."

Calling dibs on the admiral's bolt pistol.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
"Anyone want to help me carry this stuff?" The very encumbered sniper waves around the broken chainsword. Where's a heavily armored marine when you need them?! You can't just LEAVE all this sweet loot all over the floor. Whatever. Maybe someone in the hangar crew will want some of this.

"Speeding it up would be nice if we had a way out ourselves, I'm not about to give my life for the golden toilet." She turns to the console, fully prepared to press buttons!

Assisting Kayleen with tech-use

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"Sweety, hunny-chile, that stuff is nice but from the time we hit planetside we ain't gonna have time to go handing out prizes. Take what you want, and uh. Okay, hold this wire here, and here." She opens up a panel and places both ends in Chole's hand. "If you're still alive after I pull this switch, I know I've got the right one, remember; volts hurt, amps kill." Kayleen pushes the voltage up.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Dulsatae's dried flesh curls up into a smile as the stormraven appears disabled. As it would make a great ride, he begins to walk towards the vessel until he sees Corypheus heading towards it. The Human should be able to handle things. Knowing that he turns towards the Guardsmen pouring into the hangar, shouldering the missile launcher and drawing his combi-bolter and Daemon-flamer.

Okay, updated my character sheet to be a plague marine archetype. Really the only thing I lost was armor monger, which I can get back some other time.

Going to use hip shooting to move towards the guard with the combi-bolter in one hand, and daemon weapon in other. Fire at them with bolter until I get in range to daemon burn them.

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel  Inf
     51   59  (10)60 (15)81 29   35   43   42   39    50, 5/5 IP

Wounds: 30/41         Armour: 12 Body, 10 All Else. 
Dodge: 29, Parry 61 Hid. Res. 71      Corruption: 30

Weapons:(all include relevant talents and traits like rapid repload)

Legion Combibolter Basic 80m  S/4/– 1d10+12X 4  40  1Full   Tearing, Twin-Linked 

Legion Bolt Pistol Pis   30m  S/2/– 1d10+12X 4   8   half   Tearing 

D. of Warmth      Basic  40m        1d10+15 7  N/A  N/A    flame, spray, toxic (3), 
-Plague carrier:gains toxic 3, deals 2d10 toughness if fail, contagious next 7 rounds
-Voidchill: weapon does 1d10 toughness damage if it scores a wound.

L. Miss. L.       Heavy 300m  S/-/-  †      †   3   1.5rnds
-3 clps frag, 2 krak

Name               Type  Rang RoF   Dam:     Pen Clp Rld     Spcl
L. Plasma Gun      Basic 100m S/2/– 1d10+15E 10  24  2.5     Maximal, Overheats

L. Knife           Melee   —   --   1d10+10R  2

Plague Sword       Melee   —   --    1d10+13R 4              Balanced, Toxic (2) 

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous
Bulging  Biceps 
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold,Heat,Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Lightning Reflexes
Bolter Drill
Fearless
Iron Jaw
Hardy
Hip shooting
Rapid reload
Deadeye shot
blind fighting
Mighty shot

Werix fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 26, 2014

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
"Kayleen just look at them! Those crazy techcultists would be falling all over themselves for some at the very least. We can't just LEAVE guns like this lying around."

Chloe looks at the wires in her hand

"Why am I holding these again?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Corypheus

Noting that something seemed to seriously be wrong with the crew after that missile hit, Corypheus sped up. Dropping his shield to better focus on staying incorporeal, he dropped pretense of staying out of sight and rushed straight for the Stormraven.

"Running" full out.

I'm either Hoverer(6) or Hoverer(9):confused:. Incorporeal, which Flicker gives you, doesn't have a numerical value, and simply sets you to Hoverer(6), ignoring whatever your own agility bonus actually is. However, Flicker replaces your agility bonus with your psy rating for the purposes of movement. Since there's no way to use standard movement while incorporeal, this is utterly pointless unless it really means to set you to Hoverer(Psy Rating). Not that this would be the first time FFG hosed up in their writing, so I'm not sure which is right. Of course, rereading it, Hoverer also say you can float no more than 2 metres above the ground, which makes no goddamn sense if you're incorporeal, because you can phase through the floor as easily as anything else.

So, it's either 36 metres a round, for a total of 14 rounds, or it's 54 metres a round, for a total of 10.

• Locked thread