Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Mandrel posted:

Oh no, frats! If you weren't interested in a frathouse comedy (which I don't think this actually is, for what it's worth) then why'd you go see it?

Flunchy runs a pretty well-regarded film blog and was probably obligated to review it, so this argument is invalid.

I will disagree with him, however, this is much less of a drat comedy than Old School or Animal House. It's also much darker than I expected, especially when Efron's characters starts "villaining out". While it isn't quite the masterpiece of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, it's much better than the borefest that was Five-Year Engagement.

Also, Efron is a talented actor and I keep waiting for him to have a decent role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

trashcangammy posted:

I haven't seen the rest of the films on this list, but the fact you said Hot Fuzz and This is the end are astoundingly funny, yet this sucks poo poo should be on the posters.

What?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
That said, it does go to some surprisingly dark places, and most of that is on Efron's shoulders, and he completely pulls it off.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Lobok posted:

That's not the best picture, first of all. The comedy mask has a `fro which is hard to make out in that shot.

It looks like a rebus puzzle, but the obvious answer (Firecracker - pizza = frecrcker) doesn't make sense and I can't figure out which synonyms would work in place of firecracker or pizza.

Is the comedy mask supposed to have a black `fro? A Jew `fro? Is the comedy mask supposed to be Jewish comedy? Seth Rogen himself?

Might help to know what the text at the top says. Looks something like Galiwarg Time/Inn.

Googling up "410 N. Fairfax" leads to a clothing line called "Golf Wang" so that's probably it. No idea what the rebus means.

EDIT: Confirmed https://twitter.com/oddfuckingtaco/status/374987567470747648

• Locked thread