Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Raziya
"Then I guess we just try things and see what works!"

Five-foot step up, and fighting-defensively stab at it!

Defensive Stabby: 1d20 11

Well, I get +2 AC, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Sand swirls around the large creature's body, making it seem like he is constantly in motion even when he's standing still. Raziya lunges for the creature, swinging wildly with her blade yet hitting nothing but air.

"Tiny mortals, you still roam this plane of existence? I thought you would have killed each other decades ago!" The creature taunts as his arms reach out for the nimble bard, who dances outside his reach.

Sandling
Standard: Slam vs. Raziya
Slam: 1d20+5 10 1d8+4 11
Move: 5 foot back.

UP NEXT: Everyone!

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Tigi

Tigi's arrow leaves her bow without much thought, then she scrambles backwards as it sinks into the beasts chest.

"Hi. We do indeed rule this plane. You will probably want to leave before things grow unfortunate."

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot vs Sandling AC: 1d20+4+1 18 1d8+1 8
Move: Back up to U24

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia

"Wrong spell wrong spell!" The tiefling takes a wild shot down the stairs, her bolt careening off the wall and landing somewhere beyond the sandling. "I prepared all the wrong spells for today!"

Crossbowing the Sandling: 1d20+3 7 1d8 7 Miss!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"Yeah, you and me both!" Raziya tries to press the offensive as much as she can, but between having to go on the defensive, and the creature's anatomy, she doesn't expect she'll be doing much. An idea strikes her, and she switches languages to not give it away. [Elven] ["Anybody happen to got a crapload of water to throw on this guy?"]

Still Defensive Stabby: 1d20 2

Five-foot step up to W19 (after IRC correction), then another Fight-Defensively attack.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Akamur

Akamur charges the sandling, grim and unspeaking. His great blow probably goes wide, though.

Charge the sandling (moving to V19.)
Charging the sandling: 1d20+5 9 2d6+7 14

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
The whole team has a big round of wiffing.

"I seem to remember mortals being at least somewhat competent a few hundred years ago. Time appears to have taken it's toll on your coordination." The Sandling taunted as it attempts to pummel Raziya.

Sandling
Slam: 1d20+5 19 1d8+4 5
Fighting Defensively saves Raziya from getting hit as her AC is 20.
Move: 5 foot back

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"It says, unable to hit the broad side of a barn." Just barely ducking under a very large fist, Raziya keeps pressing on pushing the creature back. It can only retreat so far, right?

You know the deal by now.

Defensive Stabby, Part Three: 1d20 5

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia

Aspexia misses the sandling again, scowling as her bolt crashes into a crack somewhere in the stairs.

Shooting the Sandling: 1d20+3 5 1d8 5

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Akamur

Akamur steps forward and smashes his hammer down at the sandling again, but the creature is too agile!

Oh my god.
Five foot step to V18.
Smashing the sandling: 1d20+3 8 2d6+7 13

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tigi's arrow flies wide.

"You must be thinking of the other plane. It's easy to get these things confused when your head is made of sand."

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Sho vs Sandling AC: 1d20+4+1 10 1d8+1 4
Move: Still backing up to U24 for reals.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Weapons of all sorts fly through the air, yet none seem to be able to connect against the ancient planar creature. He's roars in laughter at your pathetic attempts to hurt him.

"This is truly sad. Maybe you should run while you're still able to."

Sandling
Slam: 1d20+5 17 1d8+4 8

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"I'm very impressed by how you continually completely fail to hit me." Raziya hops from foot to foot, trying to draw the enemy's attention to give Akamur an opening.

Screw it. Fighting defensively AID ANOTHER.

Defensive Aiddy: 1d20 7

It doesn't really work.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tigi takes a moment to aim, declining to banter. Her shot improves dramatically.

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Sandling AC: 1d20+5-4 21 1d8+1 4 Possible Crit Orokos?! I'm dubious.
Confirming: Longbow, Crit Confirmation PBS, no PS, vs Sandling AC: 1d20+5-4 4 *Sad Trombone*
Move: Step forward to U22

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"This... This is quite embarrassing. Maybe we should run. *grunt*"

smash: 1d20+3 4 2d6+7 13

:rolldice:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

"It can't get any worse!" Aspexia casts a quick spell, but her thrown glob of acid still probably goes wide, sizzling away at the floor. "That didn't work either!"

Casting Acid Splash.
Splashing the Sandling: 1d20+3 13 1d3 1
Step forward to W21.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Tigi manages to land a shot on the creature, but because of it's constantly shifting nature the arrow flies right through it. You think a blunt object would have an easier time doing damage to the planar beast.

Akamur misses the creature, and Aspexia's acid splash misses as he aims to avoid his allies. Raziya attempts to distract the creature to make it easier for someone else to hit, but he's unable to grab its attention.

"You still have time to run mortals!"

Sandling
Slam: 1d20+5 23 1d8+4 10
Hit: 10 Damage.
Lands a solid hit on Raziya, dropping her to the ground.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tigi fumbles a blunt arrow from her quiver, dropping it on her foot. As if possessed, the arrow flies across the room out of reach. She grabs for another but makes no progress this round.

This is becoming ridiculous. I believe in you Akamur

Move: Step forward to W21
Standard: Longbow, blunt arrow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Sandling AC: 1d20+5-4 4 1d8+1 3 *Sad Trombone* Orokos, Please don't TPK us.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"Believe in me if you wish, this will not end well, however."

swing low, sweet chariot: 1d20+3 20 2d6+7 16

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"I don't know what you guys are worried about, he hasn't even tou-" Raziya's comment is finished by the sound of several hundred pounds of sand impacting her solar plexus. This is just really not her day.

Stabilize: 1d20 2

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

"I guess my crossbow really is useless!" Aspexia tries another splash, but this one is just as unsuccessful as her last.

Splashing the Mummy: 1d20+3 14 1d3 3

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

While everyone fruitlessly fires various mundane and arcane projectiles at the Sandling and Raziya bleeds on the floor, Akamur smashes into the planar creature with his long hammer.

It roars in pain and focuses it's attacks on the dwarf, enraged and not nearly as cocky as it was a few moments ago.

"How dare you pathetic mortal! I'll kill you and make sure your bones are never discovered."

Sandling
Standard: Slam vs. Akamur
Slam: 1d20+5 24 1d8+4 6
Hit: 6 damage.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"Puny mortal indeed, if you kill me my bones will be right here, and there is nothing you would be able to do about it. Now, shut up and get out of the way, you egotistical sand dune."

Coming for to carry me home: 1d20+3 18 2d6+7 14

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
Raziya attempts to not be dead.

Apparently, the cure to our terrible woes is African-American Spiritual music?

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen: 1d20 4

Okay, well, it is for Mustache, at least.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Tigi fires another blunt into the dunes, her eyes going wide at the near miss, and a smile on her lips as the hammer crashes home again.

Akamur you magnificent dwarf. Never was there a dwarf so skilled, a hammer so swift!

Move: none
Standard: Longbow, blunt arrow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Sandling AC: 1d20+5-4 16 1d8+1 9 So close Orokos, so close.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

Aspexia doesn't say anything, just dissolves a bit more of the wall evading Akamur.

Standard: Yet Another Acid Splash On The Sandling: 1d20+3 13 1d3 2

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Akamur's hammer flies strong and true through the air, smashing through the small grains of the sand that make up the creature's body.

Making sure to use lots of follow through, the hammer slams to the ground as does any last remnants of the Sandling. The rough hallway turns eerily quiet as your ears are left ringing from the metal hitting the stone floor.

The elemental is dead. You've got one teammate bleeding on the floor and another down a few hit points. Other than that, you are left again with the question of whether to take the Left door or go back for the Right door.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya

I'm still alive, but I'm very badly injured!: 1d20 3

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+1 7 Thank you Orokos.

Tigi rushes to Raziya as the elemental falls to dust, her hands already aglow as she pokes and prods at the woman's ribs. Once her initial work is done, and she checks Raz's eyes for signs of a concussion, she sits back on her heels, the last of the healing glow fading.

We must press on, and carefully. My gift is all but depleted, and while I will recover on the morrow, I will not be able to do much more than bandage until then. You will be well, but no sudden motion. Once you feel up to it, please check the western door.

Tigi nods to Akamur as she stands.

Well fought, I am glad your blows were more effective than my arrows.

She pauses, and then looks around, hoping to recover what she can.

I think I'm doing this right, but showing my work in case I'm wrong. 5 shots, 1 regular hit (gone, hits even if they do no damage are usually lost), 2 regular misses (50% recovery rate), 2 blunt misses (50% recovery rate). Result: Recover 1 regular arrow, 1 blunt arrow.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
Sitting up and feeling... well, alive, at least, Raziya nods to Tigi. "Thanks. I'll be okay, I think." Pushing herself off the ground, she gets back to doing what she's actually good at: looking for traps and peeking through cracks in doors.

The usual, with an extra sweep of that open cave area to the south of me. Sift should let me search through places I can't easily squeeze into. And, for gits and shiggles, I'll Sift through the East door to get a better look, too.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia

"Sorry, I don't have any spells prepared to help with something like that." Frowning, Aspexia looks in the cracks and around the cave area next to the stairs, fascinated by its odd appearance in the middle of this tomb.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

Helping Raziya to her feet as the others look at her wounds, Akamur ignores his own injuries.

"Where do you think we should head next? Further into the sand pits?" he points at the door on the other side of the cave room, "Or back and trying that other door? Do you see any runes or guideways that can help us determine the best way to head?"

Akamur does his part by attempting to look around the room as well.

Perception: 1d20+1 12

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Peeking through the thing cracks in the doors, you find the room to the west (left) has Columns sculpted in the shape of Osirian Warrior Wielding khpeshes and some kind of tapestry hanging from a frame to the south wall. It contains additional doors leading further west and north.

The door to the east (right) contains large pillars lining the walls and a stone alter to the east at the end of the room. There are no other doors or exits in that room.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"Looks like the door east is a dead end, if we wanna try that way first for completion's sake. Would also give us a place to hole up and hunker down, since we're probably not getting out of here any time soon."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"Let's head East first, it's always a good idea to secure a room we can hunker down in and barricade if need be."

Checking on the wounded for a second, Akamur moves to the east and prepares for a fight while.

"Ready?"

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

East is fine

Tucking her recovered arrows away, and mumbling about the waste on the sand creature dissolving the feathers on the one shaft that hit, she nods.

Ah indeed. I still have rations if it turns out we need to camp, I'm glad I didn't think to leave them in the inn.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

The Preparation Chamber

Having already determined the doors were untrapped and the unlocked, you slowly push them open to the dusty chamber ahead. Pillars line the walls of this rectangular room, interspersed with stone jackal heads extending from the walls. A stone altar, covered in a layer of dust, sits at the eastern end of the room.

Clicking sounds can be heard from behind the altar and as you proceed into the chamber a pair of Giant Solifugids come clittering out, obviously bent on aggression towards you.

Knowledge: Nature checks to get information on them. DC 11 for 1 question, and an additional question for every 5 points above that.

UP NEXT:
Twig and Aspexia

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot vs Solifugid X29 AC: 1d20+5 9 1d8+1 8 I see it is to be war between us orokos.
Move to T22

Tigi's shot bounces off the altar, and she notches a second arrow.

Draw them back. There is no telling what traps that room might hold.

Tigi backs up slowly.

Per IRC Top is 1, bottom is 2. Back up and make them stand in the doorway so aspexia and I have clear line of fire please.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"Hey, I think I remember hearing about these! Ah, let's see, how did it go... Solfugid, Solfugid..."

Bardic Knowledge: Nature: 1d20+3 13
Why are their attacks dangerous?

And then wait, because my turn comes after Solfugid #2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

Aspexia splashes one of the vermin with a bit of acid, then retreats in Tigi's wake. "Good idea!"

Splashing A Solifugid: 1d20+3 13 1d3 3
Move to X22.

• Locked thread