Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Maoist Pussy posted:

I mean, if you think this would be a "great time", it might interest you to learn that there are other festivals that are not filled entirely with juggalos.

I've been to lots of festivals, but The Gathering was the only one where:
  • A man set himself on fire and danced around then jumped in a lake
  • A helicopter dropped presents filled with prizes from the sky
  • Several trees were knocked over
  • Some guy got hit with a van driven by one of the performers. He was taken to the hospital. Later, I see him wearing his hospital gown and dancing. "THEY COULDNT HOLD ME"
  • Some fat guys in speedos came out of the dark woods and took turns jumping over our fire
  • Several wrestling matches broke out in the middle of no where for no reason at all
  • Violent J almost hit me with a golf cart
  • Bushwick Bill almost hit me with a golf cart
  • While waiting for a Q&A to start they asked if anyone had any talents. One girl got up was a fire breather and another guy crushed a glass bottle with his hand and cut himself up crazy bad
  • A bridge where you could buy any drug ever known to man
  • This all cost me less than a 100 bucks to see

Some guy dancing and signing every song

A two-headed dude

Fire-Breather girl
This was all back in 2003 and I was very "why the gently caress not" about it and it turned out more exciting than I could've imagined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Hey guys I just spent 3 hours arguing in D&D and GBS over minimum wage and how the lower class are still humans and deserve to be treated fairly, what's that? Juggalos? Haha, let's laugh at the white trash!

Also I'm a male feminist, now where are those Juggalette titty photos?

unironically this^^

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

2 tuff tony's fishing tournament

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

comes along bort posted:

yes, but almost always they'll have like 2 or 3 bands actually worth seeing and they're only playing for 15 minutes on a flatbed truck in the parking lot

and unless it's around somewhere like chicago with their ridiculous radius clause you can just go see the same bands on an off-night at a proper club for a tenth of the price. and they might actually make money from those shows

True. On the other hand, not juggalos.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

poo poo dude, wayne static

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Motherfucking rear end Dan and Mrs. Potato Dick

https://screen.yahoo.com/underground-festival-000000581.html

the tits
Mar 17, 2011

mophymophymophy
Less than 100 miles from me. Way, way too close. At least I'll be upwind.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

are cannibal corpse really playing at a juggalo festival i mean i haven't listened to them for years but gently caress them now this is worse than amon amarth playing that other lovely festival

i like death metal etc but gently caress cannibal corpse

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I've been to lots of festivals, but The Gathering was the only one where:
  • A man set himself on fire and danced around then jumped in a lake
  • A helicopter dropped presents filled with prizes from the sky
  • Several trees were knocked over
  • Some guy got hit with a van driven by one of the performers. He was taken to the hospital. Later, I see him wearing his hospital gown and dancing. "THEY COULDNT HOLD ME"
  • Some fat guys in speedos came out of the dark woods and took turns jumping over our fire
  • Several wrestling matches broke out in the middle of no where for no reason at all
  • Violent J almost hit me with a golf cart
  • Bushwick Bill almost hit me with a golf cart
  • While waiting for a Q&A to start they asked if anyone had any talents. One girl got up was a fire breather and another guy crushed a glass bottle with his hand and cut himself up crazy bad
  • A bridge where you could buy any drug ever known to man
  • This all cost me less than a 100 bucks to see

The after show events seem to be more interesting than the actual band lineup.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
juggalos are all about being yourself and just not judging others for being who they are, if your gay they dont give a poo poo. Hell even if youre black that's cool with them most of the time. I admire that.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

lonesomedwarf posted:

are cannibal corpse really playing at a juggalo festival i mean i haven't listened to them for years but gently caress them now this is worse than amon amarth playing that other lovely festival

the only difference between the average cannibal corpse fan and juggalos is juggalos actually go outside once in a while

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Maybe it's all the drugs taking their toll but each year I feel a greater and greater urge to go to a gathering. It just seems like the craziest, most absurd and hosed up time possible. It definitely beats one of those concerts where people just stand around barely bobbing their heads, too self conscious to dance or mosh. At the very least, you WILL have a crazy story to tell your friends.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

"Behind the Paint" was a fun read, I recommend it

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Danny Brown performed at the Gathering and that's so ballin

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cool Blue Reason posted:

juggalos are all about being yourself and just not judging others for being who they are, if your gay they dont give a poo poo. Hell even if youre black that's cool with them most of the time. I admire that.

can i be a juggalo without using drugs, face paint, or liking the music? i also have pretty good diction and no stds

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

didn't icp reveal they were born again christians a few years ago? how has that worked out?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

everyone should seriously check out that documentary american juggalo. best part is the morbidly obese drug addict who proudly proclaims that icp made him the "man" he was today

also there are people who listen to them sober :psyduck:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Tena Twister posted:

"Behind the Paint" was a fun read, I recommend it

There is a part in this book where Violent J fights off a giant stick monster with the help of his dog.
He talks about getting stabbed and making GBS threads his pants. "It must've hit a poop nerve or something".
He also explains why he slapped Alanis Morissette on the rear end at Woodstock '99 while riding a scooter. He sums it up by saying "when am I going to have a chance to slap Alanis Morissette on the rear end while riding a scooter?"
Every few chapters Shaggy writes a a few pages explaining how to steal poo poo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
who is shaggy? who is violent j? is that icp?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ashgromnies posted:

I live in Michigan. Kinda surprised they don't do it here, actually.

Have you guys seen what HED PE looks like? I only ever heard them when they were on the radio about a decade ago, did they look so stupid then too?

these dudes got a serious case of ugly as gently caress i cant get over it normally a band only has one really ugly person but this one is full of them

lol just noticed theyre all wearing jorts and black converse

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 13, 2014

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

actually any band harder than alternative rock is p much all ugly, maybe with one normal guy

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Hey guys I just spent 3 hours arguing in D&D and GBS over minimum wage and how the lower class are still humans and deserve to be treated fairly, what's that? Juggalos? Haha, let's laugh at the white trash!

Also I'm a male feminist, now where are those Juggalette titty photos?

hey now i havent done any of this take your ineffective internet activism somewhere where other liberal pussies will give a gently caress

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

i dont see what is the harm in having a laugh at juggalos, they're clowns, clowns are funny

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Thornville is less than 15 miles from me :stare:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
This doesn't start until July 23rd. You're way early.
Autmobile disassembly parties aren't for a few months.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Sounds like we found our trip reporter!

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I wonder if they are going to have another OD death like they did last year (and probably what got them kicked out of Cave-In-Rock). Also, if the Drug Bridge if going to return or if private security actually had a drug policy this time (and everyone does what they do at any other music festival and keep it on the DL).

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
from what i can tell what got them kicked out of cave in tock was some of their checks bouncing rather than any of the horrific stuff that went on.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So give us some local knowledge.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mentos Dan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i overheard that the guy who owns the venue is an icp fan himself so i dont think things are gonna be all restrictive this year like some of yall are thinkin

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axleblaze posted:

from what i can tell what got them kicked out of cave in tock was some of their checks bouncing rather than any of the horrific stuff that went on.

likely, since when you host juggalos it's not like one of them loving dying will make your podunk town look any worse at that point

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Necros posted:

i overheard that the guy who owns the venue is an icp fan himself so i dont think things are gonna be all restrictive this year like some of yall are thinkin

excellent. but is it a whole campground?

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

party at yo' place ninja

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Mentos Dan posted:

Thornville is a little town close to Newark OH, which is also a little town by most peoples standards. SE Ohio is the perfect place for the Gathering since it is filled with nothing but poor trailer trash of every race and creed. I live about 40 miles south of Thornville and will probably go since me, and my friends are always down for crazy rear end parties. This crowd could be peak Juggalo as far as a representation of their main fan base.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

HarlanHell posted:

Thornville is a little town close to Newark OH, which is also a little town by most peoples standards. SE Ohio is the perfect place for the Gathering since it is filled with nothing but poor trailer trash of every race and creed. I live about 40 miles south of Thornville and will probably go since me, and my friends are always down for crazy rear end parties. This crowd could be peak Juggalo as far as a representation of their main fan base.

my ninja :respek:

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Bet he wishes he had kept those jap jokes to himself now....

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So how many years until the lake at Cave-In-Rock becomes habitable again?

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

Unguided posted:

So how many years until the lake at Cave-In-Rock becomes habitable again?

What's the half-life of hepatitis?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

lonesomedwarf posted:

So wait is this a strike against Cannibal Corpse or juggalos? How do you even decide which one sucks worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Kimmalah posted:

So wait is this a strike against Cannibal Corpse or juggalos? How do you even decide which one sucks worse?

Let the great milenko decide

• Locked thread