Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Power of Pecota posted:

Link the card - a really good vR or something could explain that.

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4440387

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
He has good splits and eye, is left handed, and has played his entire career in a very strong hitter's park. He's basically a poor man's Louis Sowers, who himself is a .300+ career hitter.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
So, uh, I just glanced at the draft order, and, um, how the hell do I have the first pick? I thought the first tiebreaker was previous season record? I mean I'm not complaining but I am super confused.

E: apparently the first tiebreaker is run differential, then runs scored, then a coin flip. I guess the previous previous season record doesn't enter into it at all.

gardenald fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 18, 2014

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Agreed. This should be fixed immediately,

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I hope gardenald gets to draft jennie orbien 2.0

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

gardenald posted:

So, uh, I just glanced at the draft order, and, um, how the hell do I have the first pick? I thought the first tiebreaker was previous season record? I mean I'm not complaining but I am super confused.

E: apparently the first tiebreaker is run differential, then runs scored, then a coin flip. I guess the previous previous season record doesn't enter into it at all.

head to head -> division record -> run differential -> last season's record -> coin flip is what I have saved

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

I'll probably write up an OP sometime during the day tomorrow (today/Sunday whatever) although its not like we don't already know most of the info or can't find it in the old thread

also send me trade offers starting in like 45 minutes

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

AlleyViper posted:

I hope gardenald gets to draft Leo Egan 2.0

:getin:

(i still love you jennie i should have listened to my heart and kept you forever instead of trading you like the craven dog i am)

E: it's going to be Marvin Lyon 2.0, I can already tell

gardenald fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 18, 2014

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade

gardenald posted:

:getin:

(i still love you jennie i should have listened to my heart and kept you forever instead of trading you like the craven dog i am)

E: it's going to be Marvin Lyon 2.0, I can already tell

That just gives me a good reason to post this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFL-0_XBflc

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Hey, y'know what's really awesome? When a guy with 98 patience declines his mutual option and then says he's filing for free agency no matter what. It owns.

They must have changed their coding or something because wtf

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

John Cardona, my hitting coach who i've had for like 18 of my 23 seasons in this league decides he wants to look at other franchises. What a loving rear end in a top hat.

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Very proud of him for overcoming his bout with Stockholm Syndrome

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

OP is updated

send me trade offers

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Make me offers on Sandy Nitkowski. Easiest way to discuss prelim is via @DrBluejeanns, a very good twitter account.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

a very good twitter account.

I can confirm this

ernestborg9
Nov 24, 2013
should i resign the good ol' 10 million dollar arm Ramiro Cervantes for shits n' giggles? also send me trade offers for ted feller i want him to f off forever (i also secretly have no idea how to post in the thread so no one might see this)

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ernestborg9 posted:

should i resign the good ol' 10 million dollar arm Ramiro Cervantes for shits n' giggles? also send me trade offers for ted feller i want him to f off forever (i also secretly have no idea how to post in the thread so no one might see this)

if Cervantes isn't asking much, sure, why not. It's a funny little thing to keep going. If it was actually gonna cost me any coin, I'd just let him go.

and Ted Feller could find a home somewhere but dude certainly wants a lot of money in arb!

ernestborg9
Nov 24, 2013

nasboat posted:

if Cervantes isn't asking much, sure, why not. It's a funny little thing to keep going. If it was actually gonna cost me any coin, I'd just let him go.

and Ted Feller could find a home somewhere but dude certainly wants a lot of money in arb!

He's got the next ramiro cervantes contract!! gonna sign this motherfker long term

also as a side note i am currently trying to find out where davewillie resides. if anyone knows please tell me.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

i worte a loving OP and its not there and i just can't

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Hahaha you said you put it in and I went to the first page but didn't see anything. I thought that was :thejoke:

ernestborg9 posted:

also as a side note i am currently trying to find out where davewillie resides. if anyone knows please tell me.

lmao you made it!!!!

Also: poo poo I forgot I kinda wanted Cambridge

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

nasboat posted:

i worte a loving OP and its not there and i just can't

NEVERMIND I FOUND IT YOU GUYS

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

gently caress Matt Cambridge :)

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

nasboat posted:

proud of you, assbutt

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

nasboat posted:

You misspelled jennie orbien :colbert:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

god dammit Monicro didn't set his budget

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

uublog posted:

god dammit Monicro didn't set his budget

It looked like it was set automatically and i didnt want to gently caress my team up horribly aaaaa

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

Monicro posted:

It looked like it was set automatically and i didnt want to gently caress my team up horribly aaaaa

10s across the board is the default, you need to change it. poo poo, we really need to work on our newbie training.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

gardenald posted:

You misspelled jennie orbien :colbert:

poo poo. fixed.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Scrotos posted:

10s across the board is the default, you need to change it. poo poo, we really need to work on our newbie training.

Yeah it's a whole lot to take in at first :saddowns:

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Scrotos posted:

I blame nasboat and his terrible OP

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Scrotos posted:

It took me 3 full seasons to make a organization-wrecking mistake

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

big fan of denny okajima being on the move again, I remember when he was but a lovely quad-A in my system...

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denny Okajima, budding superstar from the land of the rising sun (Minnesota)

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

tatankatonk posted:

Denny Okajima, budding superstar from the land of the rising sun (Minnesota)

He's my favorite character in New Fargo

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Scrotos posted:

I thought you guys did ok :shobon:

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I need a new 2B guys!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Atheistdeals.com posted:

I need a new 2B guys!

Chipper Good gets his revenge

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Alternatively Sean Stein is available if you like good hitting and defense that counts as a war crime

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

this game is going to give me a goddamn ulcer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

ohhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooo

• Locked thread