Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JT Stahl is also available.

And im trying to get everything in order but also I don't know what free agent prices will be like so its very hard for me to lock down what costs are going to be. Im not planning on winning this season anyway but I don't want a team that is worse than the 03 tigers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Politicalrancor posted:

JT Stahl is also available.

And im trying to get everything in order but also I don't know what free agent prices will be like so its very hard for me to lock down what costs are going to be. Im not planning on winning this season anyway but I don't want a team that is worse than the 03 tigers.

Are you kidding me, I've had 2 teams worse than those guys in 3 seasons!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

tatankatonk posted:

oh well then imma embrace it

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Weird offseason for me, I don't think i've gotten more than one TC so far.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Politicalrancor posted:

oh well then imma embrace it

Yeah in general you want to be real good or real bad. In the latter case the house rule is you have to be vaguely competitive so people don't start rolling 18 year olds out there to tank for draft picks.

Basically if you don't think you can contend for a playoff spot most people try to trade out ML talent for prospect and dump payroll into the prospects budget.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

ArtVandelay posted:

Weird offseason for me, I don't think i've gotten more than one TC so far.

That's because your rear end isn't in irc

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I haven't gotten any tc's either but that's because my ml squad is hot garbage

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

tatankatonk posted:

FYI you want to usually win at least 60 games, we have had a few seasons of teams winning closer to 50 than 60. It would be nice if everyone won at least 60 games.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Scrotos posted:

FYI you want to usually win at least 60 games, we have had a few seasons of teams winning closer to 50 than 60. It would be nice if everyone won at least 60 games.

Get your Clemens* team on pace for 60 wins then :colbert:

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Scrotos posted:

It would be nice if everyone won at least 60 games.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Get your Clemens* team on pace for 60 wins then :colbert:

Thats not my fault that is a newly inherited team and it was a disaster. Also there still 5 team worse than me so no. Just like in Dimaggio, I have to keep pace with the bad.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

ernestborg9 posted:

should i resign the good ol' 10 million dollar arm Ramiro Cervantes for shits n' giggles? also send me trade offers for ted feller i want him to f off forever (i also secretly have no idea how to post in the thread so no one might see this)

btw nasboat now that this finally happened can you add him to the OP as an Official Goon Owner?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Due to me thinking I had a bigger player payroll budget than I did when I signed Juan Tavarez and Geraldo Fernandez/Gill Hooper winning arb I'm losing like three bench guys :( balls

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

My entire rotation minus Jumbo Cho will be free agents after this season. Two are definitely leaving and old (Xavier and Moreno), one is getting ancient (Strickland) , and one is Wellington Borges.

So suffice it to say if anyone has a SP locked up that they might want to trade, let me know. Or if you'd like to rent a Moreno or Xavier.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

ALL THE PITCHING!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

TRAAAADESSS

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

So glad everyone else is having fun trading with each other while my team is over here with LEPROSY

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Since I've lost McKay Ray to free agency, I've decided to enter a rebuild and trade away guys like Cliff Burnett, Jamie Wang, Yeico Mota and Fred McGehee. Preferred prospect positions would be pitching, CIF and COF.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Howie Corbin's agent certainly has an inflated idea of his client's worth

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
Man, some of these catchers; you let them start everyday one season and all of a sudden they think that they should be a MILLIONAIRE.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Devo posted:

Howie Corbin's agent certainly has an inflated idea of his client's worth

Uh he was on the MVP ballot last season show some respect please.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I just accidentally offered an arb candidate 9 million instead of 900 thousand. Am I hosed

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I won my case with Lance Colbert!!! cause i offered like 100k less than he was asking

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Politicalrancor posted:

I just accidentally offered an arb candidate 9 million instead of 900 thousand. Am I hosed

I don't see this in the extension or arb signing transaction page...

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ThatsMyBoye posted:

I don't see this in the extension or arb signing transaction page...

It looks like Mike Sabel got 1.4 million

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I believe you actually can't offer more than what a player is asking, it just defaults to what they're asking, so you got lucky!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I like the cut of dryb's jib

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

nothing can break up this beautiful friendship

~*~Friends 4 eva~*~

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 20, 2014

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

How close are Hayward and Hoopa? I hope they're completely across the state from each other.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Monicro posted:

I won my case with Lance Colbert!!! cause i offered like 100k less than he was asking

Don't make Lance mad :ohdear:

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

AlleyViper posted:

How close are Hayward and Hoopa? I hope they're completely across the state from each other.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

AlleyViper posted:

hayward is a pretty big city in the east bay and hoopa is a tiny native american reservation in the far northern forests.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Trading players is immoral

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Goetta posted:

Trading players is immoral

Agreed, that's why I extended Richmond Heartthrob Alex Mendez (idk why he only wanted 3 years) (or why I didn't give him more anyway) (or why I didn't backload, now I have like no money this season, welp goodbye prospects)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

uublog posted:

Agreed, that's why I extended Richmond Heartthrob Alex Mendez (idk why he only wanted 3 years) (or why I didn't give him more anyway) (or why I didn't backload, now I have like no money this season, welp goodbye prospects)

Give me Alex Mendez. I bought him, he belongs to me.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Correction: trading is cool and fun, Don Cole might be on the move tonight, and I could also be convinced into shipping out Kelly Gran (god drat I regret the Graham Abernathy trade so much rn)

ArtVandelay posted:

Give me Alex Mendez. I bought him, he belongs to me.

Okay, give me Cody Roosevelt :-)

e: or Bailey Osborne

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Bye Bye Dick Cone you will be missed. Hello up the middle players we needed you.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I'm having like five or six trade discussions right now, my head is spinning. HBD off-season is truly a wild time

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Literally All Of The Trades

No one is safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm going to sleep now, but before I do, i'm just going to mention here that Bailey is probably on the move. I know a few of you wanted him, so send me those TC's and i'll see what I can do in the morning.

I'm looking for catchers and relievers and whatever else you have lying around.

• Locked thread