Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

AlleyViper posted:

If he were on the trade block it would show on Burnett's transaction history page. It does not show him ever being added.

Oh. I thought I remembered him being there...

My memory isn't what it used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ahahaha the adjustments

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Just look at those overalls. I think I should do it, guys.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

ArtVandelay posted:

I bet Cody has some nice overalls :allears:

(someone photoshop Cody into overalls, tia)

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

ArtVandelay posted:

Well, I mean, you yourself liked it

<jeffersonlives> one day we are going to wake up and he will have traded cody for jt matthews, clinton mahoney, and stu roosevelt
<Art> that's a good trade

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
How the hell did the structuring of that Geoff Crosby deal pass the AI's contract balance test

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

How the hell did the structuring of that Geoff Crosby deal pass the AI's contract balance test

I believe the range on 5-year-deals is that you can offer no more than 25% of the value in any particular season and no less than 10%, so if the total value is ~53.m 54.4m, then he can offer as low as ~5.4m in a season or as high as 13.6m? Rough math.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, I get a little tripped up with the 10m bonus part added in

nasboat fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 22, 2014

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Bonus money is not included in the %'s.

So if you're offering a player a 60m deal over five years, the most you can offer in a single year is 15m, the least is 6m.

If you put 10m into a signing bonus it's effectively a 50m deal for the purposes of the %'s, so the most you could offer in a single year is 12.5m and the least is 5m.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
This free agency is not going well.

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade

Quasimango posted:

does it ever?

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Quasimango posted:

What do you mean, you've got Howie Corb-- oh...

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

BREAKING: Sources within the Trenton Tarantinos front office are indicating a break-through may have been made in talks with marquee free agent McKay Ray.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
e: nvm

gardenald fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 22, 2014

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I really want to map out the Rich Xavier, Enny Rosado, and Kelly Gran trade trees just to see where they intersect.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

gardenald posted:

Arthur's the last holdout w/r/t ML Hitting Coaches

e: He also hasn't hired a bullpen coach or 3rd base coach

He's either got an offer in or someone is paying a gently caress ton for a base coach, so should be good at next cycle. Still a few who haven't hired bench coaches though.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

btw: Starters, huh? :smug: :getin:

I should be in a pitcher's park...

I'm gonna score like a record-low number of runs :negative:

let's get ready to smallball :punto:

e: now I am more in need of a backup SS/3B. I don't need another Carreras at SS, but I'd like someone better than Aguilera at 3B to back him up

uublog fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 22, 2014

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

Just when Ralph Norman had taken a convincing lead in "times traded for by the Burrellballers"...

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
How did all the pc drop down to aaa demands and then the one I made an offer got a big league offer? Which one of you did this? SHOW YOURSELF

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Someone is hiring him for the bullpen. Luckily you have options!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Argh Tucson still hasn't hired a hitting coach

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Devo posted:

Argh Tucson still hasn't hired a hitting coach

Tucson is a motherfucker

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Hitting coaches are finally cleared to AAA. Still waiting on bench coaches but gently caress it you can just hire a hitting or pitching coach for that job anyway.

The Snowbirds organization is also happy to welcome Richard "lovely Dick" Perez to Tampa.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Devo posted:

The Snowbirds organization is also happy to welcome Richard "lovely Dick" Perez to Tampa.

Congrats, lovely Dick! I still love that one inexplicably great (partial) season he put up for me that got Beepers to give him money

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Thanks for bailing me out of my Nigel Sung mistake, uublog :)

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

ArtVandelay posted:

Thanks for bailing me out of my Nigel Sung mistake, uublog :)

Was your mistake signing him or waiving him? :v:

e: or giving him 7 innings of work over the course of an entire season

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Well played, AV. Well played.

In other news, congrats to me handing out the worst contract in DiMaggio history!

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Capt Murphy posted:

In other news, congrats to me handing out the worst contract in DiMaggio history!

That can't be true because Tucson exists

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Capt Murphy posted:

you aren't luigithirty

e: wait no I think operaterp gave Hong-Gu Lim that deal, luigithirty just traded for it

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
So, that's a big deal for Trey Sellers.

Is there any player in this game who has still been an above-average hitter at age 38, let alone 39?

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Two compensation-pick FAs down, one to go :w00t:

e: :holymoley: that's a lot of Trey Sellers monies

uublog fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 23, 2014

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Quasimango posted:

So, that's a big deal for Trey Sellers.

Is there any player in this game who has still been an above-average hitter at age 38, let alone 39?

No and nor do I expect him to. I'm banking on Sellers giving me two good seasons with my window winding down and then eating that toxic contract during a rebuild since it takes a few seasons to scale a payroll down anyway.

I hope he goes into the hall wearing a Beavers cap.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

lol there are no available Low A bench coaches. everyone in rookie ball is terrible obviously, is it possible the High A coach I offered will accept if he doesn't get any High A offers?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

uublog posted:

lol there are no available Low A bench coaches. everyone in rookie ball is terrible obviously, is it possible the High A coach I offered will accept if he doesn't get any High A offers?

No I'm almost positive guys do not accept a lower level.

I'm having to hire a trash LoA hitting coach because of it.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

That's why I always just try to rehire coaches internally if I can at A ball and below. You should be able to get some droppers in AAA, and AA if you're lucky, but below that you kind of just have to take what you can get.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

It's about god drat time, Joe. I was starting to worry someone in the Sellers bidding would jump in.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

pretty happy bout retaining Amaro as the ML Bench Coach for cheaper than as the Hitting Coach. Don't know exactly what will happen but im going for an all patience approach to my coaching staff

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

:3:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo posted:

It's about god drat time, Joe. I was starting to worry someone in the Sellers bidding would jump in.

Why would I jump in on Joe Brantley when I could snag Renyel "almost identical to Joe Brantley" Johnson at 25% the price?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Why would I jump in on Joe Brantley when I could snag Renyel "almost identical to Joe Brantley" Johnson at 25% the price?

I was actually going to offer him as soon as Joe signed, but sadly you took him already.

Jerry Scott says gently caress patience rating and will take an extension. Someone give me a bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

nasboat posted:

No I'm almost positive guys do not accept a lower level.

I'm having to hire a trash LoA hitting coach because of it.

I got guys to agree to 2 levels below. Granted I offered them like 300,000 more then they were asking for since I had a huge coaching budget and could, but it is possible. Having it be their last chance to sign with anyone before the coach signings ended probably helped.

• Locked thread