Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have a simple fix for monk? One of my players wants to make a barbarian/monk multiclass luchador character. I'm cool with that, but I don't want him to end up with a weak and incoherent mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I emailed both of those to him. I hope he chooses one of those, because they're both cool and good. In fact I think someone in this thread said the stalwart is overpowered, not that I would mind all that much. If he trivializes too many encounters in an unfun way then I can find ways around it.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it depends on whether you're using warp abilities. I have a chaos mage player who didn't mess with all that, and things have been pretty simple so far. You've just got to skim a list or two for every turn. Not so bad.

On an unrelated note, icon switchouts we've got going in Stone Thief:
Emperor replaced with Odin (by which we mean Tony Iommi or someone like that, because our Odin is the god of sick riffs)
Archmage out, Balder in (ie David Bowie)

I think this is happening because of the way the High Druid is standing in that one picture from the core rulebook.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Break all of Blades of the Dark up into a collection of class powers and talents.

- flashbacks to prep time, a limited number of equipment slots that have what you need when you need it
- established relationships with several criminal, commercial and governmental orgs (additional icon points with local groups who you invent for every new city?)
- electric ghost wizard powers
- playbooks become talents somehow, idk I'm just spitballing

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Some questionable language in there, I will say that. I see crypto-fascist talking points. "My fellow progressives -- especially the younger ones -- will get angry at me for saying this, but there are real biological differences between races. What if you were given a liver transplant and the liver came from a black guy and it didn't work? It's not politics, just reality." I've also never seen someone refer to any group of people as "sub-Saharan" who deserved anyone's attention, but that's probably just because I read comment sections.

Oh, and medical racism is a thing. Medical professionals say and do racist poo poo all the time, claiming black people don't feel pain as intensely and should be watched closely for drug-seeking behavior and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
No ring

Could be a closeup I guess. But yeah that looks like a great program.