Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I'm probably going to start running a game in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some quick and simple buffs to classes that feel a bit underwhelming right now like barbarian and paladin. I'd like not to just straight up cut classes and show up with a bunch of homebrew because the people I play with are new to the system. An example is giving the barbarian 9 base hp, +1 to PD and make Rage recharge on a succesful roll after every battle like every other recharge in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Use of the many variants that puts using the Icon dice results in the hands of the players (I use this), it makes it easier for you as a GM and invites the players to come up with new twists to their relationships.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

What would a list of classes arranged by ease of play that included 13 True Ways and the Glorantha classes look like? Thoughts?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

I'd say Ranger, Paladin, and Barbarian (and the barbarian variants in Glorantha), are the dead easiest, so they're definitely on the bottom. Hell Mother, Earth Priestess, Storm Bull Berserker, Trickster, and Occultist probably top the charts, with tons of options to keep track off. Everything else falls in between.

Really the Glorantha classes are a lot more involved, save for maybe the lame Barbarians.

I guess putting the classes in tiers would be a lot simpler than trying to rank all of them in relation to each other. I'm thinking something along these lines?

Most complex
Occultist, Hell Mother, Earth Priestess, Storm Bull, Trickster

Semi-complex
Bard, Sorcerer, Wizard, Commander, Druid, Monk, Storm Voice

Semi-simple
Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, Chaos Mage, Necromancer, Rebel, Wind Lord, Zorak Zorani

Simplest
Barbarian, Ranger, Paladin, Troll Warrior, Orlanthi Warrior

I'm assuming I've misplaced a few since I haven't been able to see them all in action at the table. Thoughts?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Tweet tweeted some racial science adjacent stuff and Pelgrane completely cut him off so why hes back to work on the new edition I have no loving clue