Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

God, I can still remember him saying "TO VICTORY!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The power of Energy X fixed your computer! However it also forces you to become Video-Man from the 1980s Spider-man cartoon.

Edit: Fixed. Seriously, does even that constitute a spoiler? ANYWAY.

Double Edit: Oh, not a spoiler. ARRG I am dumb! But on the bright side if I don't even remember THAT line I probably am incapable of genuine spoilers either.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 16, 2014

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

http://youtu.be/sRSWP6eGgvk <-- And speaking of superheroes not afraid to be cheesy, behold the show I was just referencing. Seriously, it's like the Silver Age of Comics never ended, even though it's the 80's!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Favorite part: "I would have spared you, but now I shall trap you in a video game THAT CANNOT BE WON!" *puts them in Asteroids*

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, yeah, that's right! There's also a GOOD Video-man. hahaha. I guess the writers didn't want that character design to go to waste.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well, at least Minuteman isn't as bad as the U.S.A.gent.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

As someone who hasn't read as much comics as he should, dare I ask about this U.S.A.gent?

When Captain America was unavailable, he was replaced by a jingo who has since taken up his own identity. He's not necessarily a bad man, but he's everything wrong with what people are worried Cap will turn into.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

You didn't really cover their non-attack powers, but let me just say, that out of all the mobility powers, Minute Man's "Jumper" is one of the best. He just leaps to the tops of buildings quickly. Once in a blue moon there's a location he can't reach, but mostly, he can go anywhere he wants. There's two types of flying powers ("flight" is fast, "Levitate" is slow) a wall-crawling power, and a teleportation power but they all require the use of energy in some way (except wall-crawling, which is just slow).

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I meant on the power screen, drat. Sorry!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

And now, a look into Minuteman's innermost thoughts.

I'm not sure why someone decided to make electronica based off of this game's one-liners, but they did. :shrug:

Oh, my GOD I remember this guy, his stuff is still on the internet?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I think one of Mentor's later abilities is a radiation beam which is really nasty against most fleshy targets. Beyond that, though, he's mostly a Status guy, yeah.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I vaguely recall there actually being a "Freedom Force" at some point in comics. I think it was an alternative name for the Brotherhood of Mutants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

alcharagia posted:

And who are the Brotherhood of Mutants?

Bad guys working for Magneto in X-men. Usually consist of shapeshifting Mystique, super-strong fat guy The Blob, jumping-guy the Toad, some others.

• Locked thread