Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Angry Birds Suicide
Apr 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-sanctions.html

reuters or telegraph or some poo poo idk posted:

Russia is to deny the US future use of the International Space Station beyond 2020 and will also bar its rocket engines from launching US military satellites as it hits back at American sanctions imposed over Ukraine crisis.
Russia’s deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin announced a series of punitive measures on Tuesday against the US in response to sanctions imposed after Russia annexed Crimea.
The two countries have long cooperated closely on space exploration despite their clashes in foreign policy.
The Space Station is manned by both American and Russian crew, but the only way to reach it is by using Russia’s Soyuz spacecraft.
The US is keen to keep the $100 billion (£600) ISS flying until at least 2024, four years beyond its original target.
Related Articles
US and Russia put differences aside for Nasa mission 26 Mar 2014
Russia charges Nasa astronauts $70m per seat 01 May 2013
Nasa finds mysterious hurricane on Saturn 30 Apr 2013
Damaged spacecraft docks with space station 26 Apr 2013
At a time when Moscow is struggling to reform its accident-plagued space programme, Mr Rogozin said US plans to deny export licences for some high-technology items were a blow to Russian industry. “These sanctions are out of place and inappropriate,” Mr Rogozin said. “We have enough of our own problems.”
Moscow’s response would affect NK-33 and RD-180 engines which Russia supplies to the US, Mr Rogozin said. “We are ready to deliver these engines but on one condition that they will not be used to launch military satellites,” he said.
RD-180 engines are used to boost Atlas 5 rockets manufactured by United Launch Alliance, a partnership of Lockheed Martin and Boeing that holds a virtual monopoly on launching U.S. military satellites.
Mr Rogozin said Moscow was planning "strategic changes" in its space industry after 2020 and aims to use money and "intellectual resources" that now go to the space station for a "a project with more prospects".
He suggested Russia could use the station without the United States, saying: "The Russian segment can exist independently from the American one. The U.S. one cannot."
The US space agency NASA is working with companies to develop space taxis with the goal of restoring US transport to the station by 2017, but the United States currently pays Russia more than $60 million per person to fly its astronauts up.
Mr Rogozin said Russia will suspend the operation of 11 GPS sites on its territory from June and seek talks with Washington on opening similar sites in the United States for Russia's own satellite navigation system, Glonass.
He threatened the permanent closure of the GPS sites in Russia if that is not agreed by September.
He said the suspension of the sites would not affect everyday operations of the GPS system in Russia, where it is used by millions of Russians for navigation on their smartphones and in their cars.
The upheaval in Ukraine - where the United States says Russia is backing separatists and the Kremlin accuses Washington of helping protesters to topple a Moscow-friendly president in February, has led to the worst East-West crisis since the 1991 collapse of the Soviet Union.
In addition to the hi-tech sector sanctions, the US has imposed visa bans and assets freezes on officials and lawmakers and targeted companies with links to President Vladimir Putin. The European Union has also imposed sanctions.
The Russian Foreign Ministry said earlier on Tuesday that the latest EU measures were an "exhausted, trite approach" that would only deepen discord and hamper efforts to defuse the crisis in Ukraine.

So the loving commies are bitchslapping the USA on the face and then making us apologize for it.

what the gently caress. Obongo better give NASA a real budget now or I will be real mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Idiots, SpaceX is already working on a delivery rocket.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

i just want your sufferings ~ your bloods and fluid ~ your stupid fucking tiny skeleton ~

in related news, chemical weapons have been used 14 times since kerry bungled a speech & gave syria to the russians

420DD Butts
Jul 26, 2008

the only answer is to send an ICBM to blow up the ISS

Maoist Pussy
Feb 11, 2014

I'm a gently caress boy, I like to gently caress

Copley Depot
Jul 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

im not reading that copy-paste mess

VikingSkull
Jul 23, 2008

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sk-

*CRUNCH*

ok, it's time to let the Chinese off their leash and give them Siberia

Nixon, you beautiful bastard

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

I mean I'm sure it served a double purpose, but I thought the booster thing was opened to competition after a SpaceX suit due to the ridiculous nature of the Russian rocket deal.

Anyways, I'm going to guess dependence on Russian rockets isn't a bad thing

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!

gently caress the ROW posted:

in related news, chemical weapons have been used 14 times since kerry bungled a speech & gave syria to the russians
syria already belonged to the russians

420DD Butts
Jul 26, 2008

don't interrupt gently caress the ROW when he's on a roll

Angry Birds Suicide
Apr 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN

Copley Depot posted:

im not reading that copy-paste mess

yes you are bitch

feel free to give your input when youre done reading every last word and liking it

Fojar38
Sep 1, 2011
------------->
This space guaranteed to be full of the stupidest shit you can imagine about history that I don't understand.
------------->

PS: Time for a 39th Fojar, we can do better than this

on a scale of 1 to 10 how much does this matter

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

On the bright side, SPACE RACE 2014 GET HYPED

gggiiimmmppp
Feb 15, 2004

Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels
My flux capacity is off the chain

Fojar38 posted:

on a scale of 1 to 10 how much does this matter

well it's pretty good publicity for spacex

jackyl
Jun 1, 2000

oh no we cant give them lots of money for space rockets that do exist

how many russians gave star citizen money for space rocketrs that dont exist

owned commie scum

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

hey all u seriousposters, kill ureselfs lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Must have yaself a real pritty voice.

i think its time we admitted that no one actually cares about crimea

Fojar38
Sep 1, 2011
------------->
This space guaranteed to be full of the stupidest shit you can imagine about history that I don't understand.
------------->

Manifest posted:

On the bright side, SPACE RACE 2014 GET HYPED

a race implies that all participants are reasonably close to each other in ability when the us space program is a fatass on a motorized wheelchair while the russian space program is a limbless retard who started bleeding profusely out of all orifices two months ago

jackyl
Jun 1, 2000

paranoid randroid posted:

commit a crimea get locked the gently caress up, thats all i know

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

im starting a antiseriouspost army, the revolution starts here hold up ur gay ironic fists if your with me

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

russia is not commie

Bluemidget
Mar 30, 2011

crimea river

sounds pretty tough
May 17, 2012

Ilikedirt posted:

im starting a antiseriouspost army, the revolution starts here hold up ur gay ironic fists if your with me

gently caress people who care about space

VikingSkull
Jul 23, 2008

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sk-

*CRUNCH*

Fojar38 posted:

a race implies that all participants are reasonably close to each other in ability when the us space program is a fatass on a motorized wheelchair while the russian space program is a limbless retard who started bleeding profusely out of all orifices two months ago

John Carmack wins again

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

oh nooo the highland slavs are infringing on the migratory gronuds of the marsh slavs this is v imporant international business

*crumples briefing into ball & hook shots it into trash*

tch as if

jackyl
Jun 1, 2000

Ilikedirt posted:

that seems like a serious post to me, you might have to start with yourselfd

Zeike
Jul 20, 2013

This is the beginning of the SPACE WAR

Zeike fucked around with this message at May 13, 2014 around 22:10

Benito Hitlerstalin
Nov 5, 2008

We are not so very different, you and I.

Angry Birds Suicide
Apr 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN

well yeah no one cares about some east euro shithole we do care about loving russians having the fuckoff nerve to tell the United States "lol hey we are banning u from the ISS and theres literally nothing u can do about it since u have no spacecraft at all thats capable of transporting crew"

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

fantastic

VikingSkull posted:

John Carmack wins again
for twelve years you have been asking who is john carmack

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!

Anything that gets NASA more money is a good thing.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

jackyl posted:

that seems like a serious post to me, you might have to start with yourselfd

did i mention im gay????

Copley Depot
Jul 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

if Russian space taxis work anything like regular Russian taxis they'll try to double your fee when they get half-way to the station

Effectronica
May 31, 2011

Our thoughts are becoming reality?

I'm a superstar... I'm a superstar...

oh nooo the highland slavs are infringing on the migratory gronuds of the marsh slavs this is v imporant international business

*crumples briefing into ball & hook shots it into trash*

tch as if

shut up about your homo relatives and keep slurping, hank- tricky dick nixon

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

well yeah no one cares about some east euro shithole we do care about loving russians having the fuckoff nerve to tell the United Stated "lol hey we are banning u from the ISS and theres literally nothing u can do about it since u have no spacecraft at all thats capable of transporting crew"

yah and this is phase 19 in the escalating international penis measure contest between two fat old men posturing like theyre still hot young fuckables

it is my opinion that the United States should unilaterally admit that the only people who actually care about crimea is a bunch of buzzcuts in a basement in omaha staring at green screen CRTs and jerking off to the image of huge tank battles in the fulda gap

Copley Depot
Jul 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

it is my opinion that the United States should unilaterally admit that the only people who actually care about crimea is a bunch of buzzcuts in a basement in omaha staring at green screen CRTs and jerking off to the image of huge tank battles in the fulda gap
goons?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Effectronica posted:

shut up about your homo relatives and keep slurping, hank- tricky dick nixon

mr president shouldnt you be out driving your wife on dates with other men. - henry "pale horse" kissinger

Negative Entropy
Nov 22, 2013

Wave after wave will flow with the tide, and bury the world as it does.
Tide after tide will flow and recede, leaving life to go on as it was...

When relations calm down this Russian decision will probably be reversed; it brings little benefit beyond blustering.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Good. Colonizing space before overcoming the problems on Earth only spreads more problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fojar38
Sep 1, 2011
------------->
------------->

the us is still funding actual warp drive research

its only like 50k but its something

what are the russians researching

«2 »