Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Sweet, I've been hoping someone would LP this since it's one of those games I've always wanted to play but never cared enough about owning the required hardware. That opening's a bit disappointing in its non-animated-ness, compared to the others... but everything else looks and sounds nice. And the combat seems like the logical next step from the one in 4/5.

Bookmarkin' yer thread, pardner. :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

That map gives me some serious Chrono Cross overworld vibes.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I tend to want to take a while to decide how I feel about a character, but Labyrinthia just rubs me the wrong way in every way. I'm hoping she develops into something more than :downs: as gently caress, because ugh.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Units in the Crossbreed class have a 125% cuteness modifier.

I'm calling bullshit on this one, it's at least a 150% modifier. :colbert:

Nice to see mages finally get their elemental skills back without having to stand on a leypoint that may or may not exist. I still think the mechanics look fun.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

If I were in Clarissa's shoes about now, I'd be thinking something like "why am I wearing these, they don't even fit" "welp, time for a dye job and haircut."

I don't think I'd make a very good JRPG protagonist.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Not bad! I have to admit my first reaction was basically "don't tell me she's doing a loving inspirational speech" but then I realized it was actually pretty clever.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Am I the only one who gets audio on the right side only in the Guardian Shrine video?

I remember all those guardians except the fear and alcohol ones. I mean, the last one is clearly for giggles, but was there ever a fear guardian before?

And I have to say El Jackson is a pretty decent name.

Glazius posted:

I mean, okay, I wouldn't expect people to blow off a peace conference to go exploring, but it seems like they're not acknowledging it at all.

Yeah, it feels a bit abrupt. "Okay. :geno:"

I won't complain too much as long as they do come back and check it out later, though.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

:haw:

That one guy with the instant death pit shove is kind of hilariously mean. It's the kind of clever rear end in a top hat thing you fall for and then just laugh because drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

New guy is going to be the Kefka out of the lot, isn't he...? I won't be surprised in the least if he starts cackling and poisoning entire countries.

I like that first video a lot. Something with the word "Vanguard" in it, indeed. Although the association I get is Vanguard Bandits, which might not be the best name for the princess' liberation army.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

You will relay the decision of Chevalet Blanc to Chairman Charlton. That is the duty you must fulfill. Levin, send him off to the Council. And be careful, all right?

Missing a portrait here - the last part here is actually Labyrinthia's line.

• Locked thread