Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

I enjoy playing Dota 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The gay DOTA likers are ALLOWED to post in this thread.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
thank you

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I don't play dota, it doesn't seem like a very good game.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

No Such Thing posted:

I don't play dota, it doesn't seem like a very good game.

It's insanely lovely trash OP.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it's actually really good and fun

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

it's actually really good and fun

how?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

you get to be a salty sea admiral and make boat jokes all game

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Silver Alicorn posted:

you get to be a salty sea admiral and make boat jokes all game

I doubt it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Are there any other maps now?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

custom maps are probably gonna come out right after TI4 and pudge wars will be the first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cytOSXtLC-M

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
dota thread time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2rv1NT_gSc

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

valve please make this the crystal maiden arcana

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
unironically dota and all mobas are bad games don't play them

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I respectfully disagree

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Dota is a good game played poorly by bad people.

- Socrates

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
obsidian outworld destroyer demolisher devourer looks like a deviantart character

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

guys no matter what i do i cant loving beat pudge in mid as viper. its the hardest counter in the game and i have no loving clue how to stop him

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

you just can't beat a pudge man you gotta queue for RD and hope hes not in the pool

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
wow man mobas are really fun and entertaining !

haha jk they suck

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Gobblecoque posted:

wow man mobas are really fun and entertaining !

haha jk they suck

that's okay angry bird only costs 99 cents

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Stoat posted:

guys no matter what i do i cant loving beat pudge in mid as viper. its the hardest counter in the game and i have no loving clue how to stop him

It's impossible. Welcome to hell.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

dota and lol are for fags only

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I wanted to play dota but I found out I'm working late today, :rip:

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

Dota 2bad

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
never ever ever ever gonna play this poo poo and piss. game.

and also i didn't read this thread

*spins 360 degr. and moon walks out the door*

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

dota is immensely better than leauge and has actual production value

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it would totally make sense if singsing were gay though

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I tried playing lol after dota 2 beta and even my non gaming roommate said "this looks like poo poo"

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I really really want someone to go through all of the lovely knockoff mobas and tell me how lovely and broken they are.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

People who play dota will live shorter and less fulfilling lives than those who do not.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

No Such Thing posted:

I really really want someone to go through all of the lovely knockoff mobas and tell me how lovely and broken they are.

most of them are awful due to uninspired mechanics and awful business models

valve released dota 2 for free and blows everything else out of the water when it comes to animation/art quality. LOL made some meaningful changes (bushes) but screwed it up by charging $10 a character and having a constant, simple game-flow

hots could be good if they make interesting maps but every other part about the game sounds gross

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

People who play dota will live shorter and less fulfilling lives than those who do not.

correlation =/= causation

it's the obesity and loneliness that does that, not the dota.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

No Such Thing posted:

correlation =/= causation

it's the obesity and loneliness that does that, not the dota.

It is the dota as well, which deteriorates both body and spirit.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Liquid Penguins posted:

most of them are awful due to uninspired mechanics and awful business models

valve released dota 2 for free and blows everything else out of the water when it comes to animation/art quality. LOL made some meaningful changes (bushes) but screwed it up by charging $10 a character and having a constant, simple game-flow

hots could be good if they make interesting maps but every other part about the game sounds gross

Given that balance is an issue that even the big guys struggle with I just want to see some top tier dota/lol player run through a bunch of the not-at-all-thought-out mobas and just faceroll enemy teams

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/dota2-international-prize/

quote:

Because of strong crowd funding incentives, Dota2's upcoming tournament is raking it in. For every $10 dollars spent by users, $2.50 goes towards the prize pool. And while that might seem like the same percentages used by dubious charities, it has already managed to raise nearly $3.5 million in five days. With the original stretch goals already within reach, it's time to see what Valve plans next.

$8,000,000
Valve Studio Livecam
Gabe sets up a webcam to film himself jumping Scrooge McDuck style into his giant pit of gold coins/pocket knives.

$10,000,000
Server Queue Xenophobia
Dota players desperate to blame their terrible skill on anything other than themselves have a long tradition of blaming foreign players. Plagued by complaints about language barriers and ping issues in matchmaking, Valve finally bows to the pressure and declares war on Peru.

$12,000,000
The Death of Immortality
Complete and total redistribution of virtual item wealth, bringing an end to the Hat Barren stranglehold. All heroes issued one cosmetic item: a grey pair of overalls.

$14,000,000
Personalized Rage Vacation
Every compendium owner receives one domestic plane ticket eligible for an extended, one-on-one, face-to-face rage out. For the first time in online gaming, you can freely go agro on a noob in person. No longer must you unleash your boiling anger on pixels. If someone kill steals, feel free to take a break from your keyboard and spend a few hours stewing in coach before you let them know physically.

$16,000,000
New Hero: Waluigi
What Smash Brothers don't, Valve will.

$18,000,000
Chill Queue
Through the use of an optional breathalyzer plugin, you have the ability to join the special queue for drunk DOTA. Only available to players blowing twice the legal limit, Chill Queue new features include:

Games guaranteed to be free of try-hard ragers who ruin your buzz
Scheduled pauses every ten minutes for bathroom breaks
Game speed slowed 2x, ensuring you won't lose your hero every couple seconds
No punishment if you try to bake a frozen pizza and forget you're still in game
Bluetooth connectivity allows you to seamlessly send seventeen text messages to your old girlfriend/boyfriend at three in the morning telling them that you just saw a courier that reminded you of them and that you hope they're having a good life now and maybe if they aren't busy it would be cool if you got a drink nothing serious but it would be great to catch up is all

$20,000,000
New Movie: Free to Play with my Heart
Arteezy and Dendi star in Valve's first major motion picture, a rom-com about finding love or parental hardships or whatever. It's mostly an opportunity for people on the internet to mindlessly copy/paste S A D B O Y S and the kappa face

$22,000,000
Actual Real World Legitimacy
All of a sudden, your parents or someone at work will ask if the ten crazy BuzzFeed lists they just saw on Facebook are the same game you play. Regardless of how you answer, they will tell you (at great lengths) about how things were different when they were young and how this country has really gone downhill in general.

$24,000,000
Legal Team Upgrade
Blizzard officially files their #2,000 lawsuit/passive aggressive complaint against DOTA2. In a fifteen page document, Blizzard states that they have trademarked powerful women characters, the struggle between good and evil, humanoids wearing capes, magic (both light AND dark), virtual trees, playable animals, any and all 5v5 games excluding hockey but including indoor field hockey, and skeletons.

$26,000,000
The True Enemy Identified
President Obama issues an amber alert, warning every American about playing with tcjimbo.
lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

That better be an unironic lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
yes, it was a sincere lol

• Locked thread