Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

swickles posted:

Sorry, that honor is going to Timmons since the Steelers play the Browns to open the season. There is a chance its Troy or Worlids too.

Preseason, yo.

My wish list:
- Not the laughingstock of the league
- Winning record
- Win at Lambeau
- Playoff berth
- Playoff win
- Super Bowl win
- Caraun Reid plays better than Ego Ferguson/Will Sutton
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix becomes less than the A.J. Hawk of safeties
- Teddy Bridgewater disappoints
- Joy and happiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Yeah, like Suh or anyone of relevance is actually going to exert themselves on their 15 pre-season snaps.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

swickles posted:

Yeah, like Suh or anyone of relevance is actually going to exert themselves on their 15 pre-season snaps.

Suh never stops. He's like a nurse shark.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8216d1d0/Suh-flagged-for-slamming-a-helmet-less-Dalton

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
When I think of players who'd lay the wood in the preseason Suh's the first name that comes to mind.

('Cause "camp body wearing number 47" isn't a name.)

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Bengals:

Win the division
Win at least 1 playoff game
Sweep the loving Steelers

49ers:

Win the division
Win at least 1 playoff game
Sweep the loving Seahawks

I'm a simple man.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Things I'd like to see from the Giants

-Eli brings down his turnovers. For all the blame we can lay on other reasons, Eli still played like poo poo last year and the excuses only go so far. He's always been a pick machine so to hope for under 12 or so is unrealistic, but between 12-16 would be his average and we can win with that average. Also, hope that he is and stays healthy.
-Just a general overall more efficient offense. It felt like Eli was always going 10+ yards or more, either by design or because we refused to pick up chunk yardage and were stuck in 3rd and longs constantly. I'd like a more streamlined system, I'd like to see more high percentage plays, just a bit more dink n dunk.
-O line get's it's poo poo together. Beatty had a great 2012 then fell apart last year. We need 2012 beatty.
-JPP comes back healthy and returns to form
-DaMonster picks up where Tuck left off
-Make Philly & Dallas fans sad at least once each.

Things I'd like to see around the league

-Dalton steps up his game and becomes a franchise QB. (I just have a weird love for him) AJ McCarron gets caught in a drug scandal and never plays football again
-Mike Sam at least makes it into a depth/backup role
-JFF able to pull off his crazy poo poo at an NFL level
-The goddamn Patriots miss the playoffs or be at least a wildcard for once. Same with the Packers. Go Lions/Bears/Vikings
-Rivers doesn't get a ring
-schaub does
-Cowboys go 8-8, after starting 8-0 before Romo goes down and Weeden comes in to tank them
-The Cards win the NFC west and the Rams are a wildcard - gently caress
-More hilarious Aldon Smith tomfoolery. More Sherman bullshit. More Walrus.
-Hernandez gets put away for life without parole

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 31, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

KettleWL posted:

Bengals:
Sweep the loving Steelers

That is an excellent answer and I would also like to sweep the Steelers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope febreeze gets gangrene on both hands

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I hope febreeze gets gangrene on both hands

Says the guy who uses an avatar he personally commissioned from me and gave me the Ringless Rivers idea in the first place

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Says the guy who uses an avatar he personally commissioned from me and gave me the Ringless Rivers idea in the first place

yes

edit: it's more for hoping that the Raiders win the superbowl

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I agree with Febreeze. I would only add two things to that list:
1) No shotgun draws. I don't care if its the best shotgun draw situation ever. NO SHOTGUN DRAWS.
2) the Philadelphia eagles continue to not win the superbowl

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'd like to see the following things from the Eagles this year, the completion of all of them would make me extremely happy:

Foles establishes beyond a shadow of doubt that he's our franchise QB: I'm honestly terrified that he's going to regress hard and our team will be back at horrible, depressing square one. I expect him to regress some, but I'd like him to prove he can play at a high level for a full season. It'd make me so very, very happy.

Darren Sproles keeps doing typical Sproles things: This is pretty much going to absolutely happen, but for years he's been my favorite player in the NFL (over Shady, believe it or not), and now he's on my team. I just want him to light people the gently caress up. I'm so so so excited about this.

One of our rookie WRs establishes themselves as a reliable WR for the future: I don't actually care if Huff or Matthews are terrible, I just want one of them to play well so Foles isn't screwed and we continue to be a multifaceted offense.

We get further in the playoffs: This is going to be the tricky one because it honestly requires the other 3, but it'd be awesome if we could at least make it to the NFCCG.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Undefeated season, SB win, positive four digit point differential, turn Aaron Rodgers' knees into dust, free tickets for me.

Yay Bears :unsmith:

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

1. Sweep the loving Raiders.

2. Split with the Broncos

3. Have a top half of the league defense

4. Rivers keeps the turnovers (INT + Fumbles) to under 13.

I'd like to add "Ryan Mathews doesn't regress to 2012 form."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
1) Reduce the Seahawks to a fine paste.

Anything else is negotiable.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

troofs posted:

I agree with Febreeze. I would only add two things to that list:
1) No shotgun draws. I don't care if its the best shotgun draw situation ever. NO SHOTGUN DRAWS.

Kevin Gilbride is gone and he can't hurt us anymore.

I pretty much agree with Febreeze as well, but I'll add that I'd like to see Adrien Robinson do some damage this year. We've been told he's a freak athletically speaking, I'd like to see him actually produce something in football terms.

And yes, make Eagles and Cowboys fans sad.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Rogue Elephant posted:

I pretty much agree with Febreeze as well, but I'll add that I'd like to see Adrien Robinson do some damage this year. We've been told he's a freak athletically speaking, I'd like to see him actually produce something in football terms.

Oh yeah, great point. There's nobody else at TE so it would be great to see him take the opportunity to make a name for himself.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Andre Johnson doesn't retire or demand a trade

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ace8989 posted:

I'd like to add "Ryan Mathews doesn't regress to 2012 form."

Yeah but we have Donald Brown to mitigate that now

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Yeah but we have Donald Brown to mitigate that now

Is... is this ironic? I honestly can't tell.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

Is... is this ironic? I honestly can't tell.

Last year we had Ronnie Brown.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Cutler keeps playing like he's Jake Cutler.

Stafford keeps playing like he's Matt Stafford.

Bridgewater gets Gabberted into a mindset that constantly see's pressure even when it isn't there.

Rodgers stays healthy.

49ers play better than they have each of the last 2 years and meet the Packers in the playoffs. Regardless of the result, the buildup and the game will be fantastic to watch.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Browns vs. Cardinals Super Bowl

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hoyer is either awesome or immediately loses the job to Manziel, who is awesome.

16-0...no wait, 19-0. :smug:

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Abugadu posted:

Packers: keep more than 75% of the starters off IR.

Keep it realistic and just hope to win the super bowl instead.

Speaking of: Win the super bowl. Other things are fun (The Bears still Suck, Conte is a sleeper agent sent to destroy the once proud Bears defense etc) but super bowl or bust.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Saints

Split Carolina, Sweep Atlanta and TB.

Beat SF in the dome one more time.

First round bye, or at least two playoff wins.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I want Lovie and crew to make the Bucs a winning franchise but I just want them to look like a consistently competent team, I don't care about the record for next year

Mike Evans to be good without jff

Doug Martin to play all 16 games

Giraffe neck to improve from last year, even if it's on the bench.

Have at least two picks not be busts

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
i really hope my dad stops hitting my little brother when the packers are losing. And i really dream of the day i can wake up and go to work without smoking weed first

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
oh this is about football. I hope the raiders get 7 wins and 3 in the division

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Don't be excruciating to watch.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Febreeze posted:

-Dalton steps up his game and becomes a franchise QB. (I just have a weird love for him) AJ McCarron gets caught in a drug scandal and never plays football again
A man after my own heart :swoon:

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah
I'm not a Rams fan, but I would just like Michael Sam to not be really bad and, at the very least, not get released. It would legitimately make me sad for lovely people to feel justified in not wanting a gay dude playing in the NFL.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Browns:

7-9.
Manziel stays healthy.
Gordon decides he's no longer a fan of drugs that are against the NFL policy.
We don't get rid of Pettine.

Bills:
0-16. :getin:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

wheez the roux posted:

I respected you. I thought we were bros. smdh

Your tean WON and at the expensive of Peyton Broncos no less. Let me have this.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Sweep Oakland. Another game like we had against them in Oakland would be aces.
Nobody gets hurt in the shellacking the NFC west is going to give us.
Let Alex Smith walk away and never return to KC again.
Fire John Dorsey.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Ravens win superbowl.

Browns go 2-14, sweeping the Steelers.

Steelers go 0-16. Ben's motorcycle finishes the job.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Pittsburgh Steelers

- Take the AFC North after two disappointing seasons.

- Defensive draft class pans out, Steelers get younger on defense with a fear inducing front 7.

- Jarvis Jones comes alive in his second year.

- Bell/Ben/Brown stay healthy.

- Munchak coaches the O-Line to be a strength, keep Ben upright and let Dri Archer execute some fun plays.

e: Tomlin stays off the loving field.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Gotta see improvement from tannehill

Want to see our receivers healthy from a series of lovely acl injuries

Like to see signs of potential from our offensive line draft picks

Moreno and miller combine for 2250+ yards from scrimmage would be nice

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Things I would like the Eagles to do

1. A Playoff Win

Philly's last playoff win came all the way back in 2008 when we were 8-7-1 and somehow made the NFC Championship Game and lost to the Cardinals because Larry Fitzgerald is really good. Since then we've made the playoffs a bunch but haven't won a game. It'd be nice to actually go somewhere for once.

1.a. A First-Round Bye

The Eagles haven't had a bye in the playoffs since they went to the Super Bowl back in 2004. That was 10 years ago. The bye is awesome and it's great feeling really confident about your team. So I'd like that. Plus, a bye implies you won your division. And winning the NFC East is important.

1.b. Make the Super Bowl

If we actually manage to win a playoff game then making the Super Bowl would be even better.

1.c. Win the Super Bowl

It could happen...maybe :smith:

2. Nick Foles Continues to Dominate

A lot of people are really skeptical about Foles going forward. His INT rate was extremely low and a lot of his numbers, while very good, seem to imply regression. If he manages to play 2014 like he did 2013 he might actually start to be considered an elite QB.

3. LeSean McCoy Stays Healthy

With Bryce Brown gone, Shady is more important than ever to the Eagles offense. True, we now have Sproles but I'm going to be really worried if McCoy misses any time.

4. Howie Roseman's Insane "Cut Our Best Receiver" Plan Works Out

I still cannot understand why we cut DJax. If the Eagles go on to match our passing production from last year and/or Jackson is terrible in Washington that will vindicate Howie's decision.

5. Our Defensive Secondary is Not-Terrible

Last season receivers could do basically whatever they wanted to our secondary. We got carved up by Kyle loving Orton. I'd like to see that stop. I'm not asking for good, just not a complete disaster.

6. Alex Henery Figures Out Kicking

Henery had a pretty goo start to his career and then turned into a pumpkin last year. His FG miss was the difference in the final score of the Saints/Eagles playoff game last year. I'd like him to turn it around since there aren't any good FA kicker options. The Akers era was awesome because you knew he was generally going to make the field goal. The Henery era has made field goals way more nerve-wracking than they need to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
RG3s knee doesn't loving explode

Daniel Snyder Dies

We win the Division

Hope is the best thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.
- Shawshank Redemption

• Locked thread