Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I hope the best character returns in this. Gogmagog had better turn up and say hi.

I almost don't want to watch this LP, though. XIII-2's ending is just too perfect, and I just know it's going to be reversed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Gnomebitten posted:

How many hours of canned footage before the dialogue levels get audible

Yeah, I was hoping for the same thing. This story is awful, but I'd still like to be able to hear it.

Also have to say, I don't like the storytelling method of having the opening make no loving sense and then going back to explain it. It's just unnecessary, when you could start from a point where things make sense anyway.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wait wait, hang on a second.

Wasn't Snow supposed to be stuck in the Coliseum with Gilgamesh and Ultros in XIII-2? How is he in this new city now?

Because nobody from FFXIII deserves a fate as fantastic as that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I liked this idea a lot better when there was a moon crashing into Earth.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

He reads like someone that wanted to be a fan and was bitterly disappointed that the game didn't work out how he wanted.

There honestly is a faint tinge of disappointment in this whole thing, at least to me. Let's forget how disappointing the previous XIII games were; This is Final Fantasy, previously King poo poo of JRPGs, doing a game whose structure seems to be a combination of Chrono Trigger and Majora's Mask, with a more active combat engine that seems to be borrowing from Kingdom Hearts.

That is one hell of a ball to drop. Done right this could have been the perfect storm of RPGs, so more painful than the fact they made a bad game is that they screwed this up.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Actually, Megaten only had you fight honest-to-god God once, in SMT2. Sometimes you fight a facet or servant of him (SMT Nocturne's final boss was that), and sometimes you fight minor gods or things that are based off them (Persona 3's final boss wasn't 'the' Nyx, Persona 4's final boss was 'the' Izanami but I think she's considered evil in Japanese myth anyway), but for a game based around summoning actual mythological figures to fight other mythological figures, there's remarkably little proper deicide.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Cnidaria posted:

lol at this game, at least it's more entertaining than 13-2 at the beginning. I hope that this game gets as hosed up and weird as 13-2 though cause that was my favorite aspect of that game.

I don't think this will replicate my favorite part of 13-2, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

There was relly no better way for that game to end than by the game going 'Nope, EVERYONE DIES because they're all idiots'.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

We had some audio problems in this episode...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNo9CKmZaVA

Pokecapn's British accent needs some work.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Death Bot posted:

Saw this, thinking of you guys

I don't know what's worse, that someone made that or that they actually expect someone to see it and buy it. It's gotta be selling for like 60-80 right?

All their eggs in exactly the wrong basket. I could see every single one of those others having buyers, and a couple of them would look great blown up to that size, but then they go and decide that Lightning is the one they want to be their eyecatcher.

You can't tell me a con wouldn't go nuts for a 5 foot tall Missingno.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

majormonotone posted:

You're that guy who 100%'d the loving Family Guy game too, aren't you?

Are you...is everything okay? :ohdear:

Syrg LPed Blade Kitten, and practically poisoned himself during the D&D LP. So the answer is 'no less okay than usual'.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I like that the nickname 'Galvanize' is both a better and easier to say/type name than his actual name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Suzaku posted:

Given that there's at least one pricing "accident" per Steam sale, I could see that happening to this....

I still can't decide if my favorite was the last one mistakenly pricing Dragon Age: Origins as something like -$10, or the one from a few years ago where Australians were intentionally given Saint's Row the Third with all the DLC for less money than the base game.

• Locked thread