Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I played the demo of this and could not for the life of me figure out how the hell the plot could possibly get from where it is at the end of 13-2 to where it is in the demo.

I am excited to find out how this game measures up to the FF13 fanfiction you guys read last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Tempo 119 posted:

Well what else do you need to be told? You're some weird-looking lady, you're here to beat up some guy and do a gameplay tutorial. Do you think Pulp Fiction should have had a text crawl as well?

Pulp Fiction didn't star the cast of Reservoir Dogs, who all have the same names and appearances but are now apparently immortal and don't act like they've ever acted before. It also wasn't the third in a trilogy, which doesn't seem like the best time to introduce a bunch of new mysteries!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Michaellaneous posted:

iirc, on one of the retsutalk they talk about that. If you superpose the models of their faces over each other it is basically the exact same.

Also, both characters start their games as surly, former elite soldiers with unlikely hair and even more unlikely swords. They are accompanied by a black single dad whose design is based off of a well-known actor, who uses firearms as his primary weapon and serves as comic relief for most of the game. Also, both games start with the main characters getting off of a train in order to commit an act of sabotage.

FFXIII wants to be FFVII really badly.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Bricoleur posted:

Of course there was that brief mentioned by Hope and Lightning that their emotions are...absent? So that sounds like an easy out for the writers to not address these very important matters. "Oop, characters have been stripped of emotions so they don't give a poo poo la la la."

The first game had its characters develop by having them fight Autobots Eidolons that suddenly popped out of them, making them somehow realize that they were being assholes this whole time.

"God did it" is only a little less subtle.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The T posted:

If the unused assets weren't used in later games, then... I mean, that jungle area at the end of this trailer, is definitely in XIII-2, and I don't remember it in XIII at all. Am I mistaken?

Sazh and Vanille have an adventure there in XIII after everyone splits up at the start of the game.

• Locked thread