Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

You shouldn't play the lottery. It is a poor tax as millions of persons in poverty purchase lottery tickets out of desperation or addiction, only to lose time after time and collectively waste billions of dollars in the process. It should be eliminated immediately and any funds lost should be made up by further taxing the rich.

If you play the lottery you support the oppressive hand of corrupt government unwilling to progressively tax like it should.

Stop buying tickets and scratch offs. Death to pull tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeOSPOS
Oct 9, 2001

eat a bug, ese

gently caress you dad

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

well i'm not splitting any of my winnings with you, boner medicine

Kleen_TheRowdyDog
Feb 17, 2014

can't win if you don't play, op. more for me, i guess.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

you lose half of it to taxes guys

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

shyduck posted:

not in Canada

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

Dr Strangepants posted:

well i'm not splitting any of my winnings with you, boner medicine

you also won't be borrowing money from me after your losses

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

shyduck posted:

Aww shoot only 140 million then darn however will I live...

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

BeOSPOS posted:

gently caress you dad

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i'm gonna prove you so wrong when I win OP

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

i'm gonna prove you so wrong when I win OP

floridawhites.txt

Jezrael
May 1, 2005
the bagel is an adequate vessel of nutrition

I dunno, I spend more than 3 dollars a week on things that certainly don't have the potential to get me thousands of percent gains on investment. So in comparison it's not so bad. But gently caress rip opens and anyone who thinks they deserve to waste the time of everyone else in a store by standing at the till for hours at a time.

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE
Jun 27, 2008

i buy a scratchy ticket every year for my birthday and lose every time

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Cats.

yes father kindly get bent

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

Jezrael posted:

I dunno, I spend more than 3 dollars a week on things that certainly don't have the potential to get me thousands of percent gains on investment. So in comparison it's not so bad. But gently caress rip opens and anyone who thinks they deserve to waste the time of everyone else in a store by standing at the till for hours at a time.

I'm the guy in front of you filling in the bubbles for "his numbers" for powerball tickets.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Given how lottery earnings are used to fund state governments, our culture should see playing the lottery as point of patriotic duty.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

Here is Boner Medicine at four years old, finding his father slumped on the kitchen table among a scattering of Lucky Lemons and Set for Lifes.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

but anyways just kidding I play the lottery because I know I'm gonna lose and it will remind me what a piece of poo poo/failure I am

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

all governments all over the world keep a record of all the people who have ever bought a lottery ticket and when earth is about to get hit by a meteor/alien bomb everyone who ever participated will not be allowed on the rocket to mars.All the people who didn't are welcomed aboard and automatically get membership to mensa if they didnt already

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins

Only play the lottery if your coworkers insist on a pool. If they win, you don't want to be the poor bastard that has to show up when everyone else is a millionaire.

Jezrael
May 1, 2005
the bagel is an adequate vessel of nutrition

Boner Medicine posted:

I'm the guy in front of you filling in the bubbles for "his numbers" for powerball tickets.

I'm the guy behind you stabbing you with my eyes and sighing passive aggressively

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

They weren't just hull numbers, they were our home addresses. Now the old neighborhood is torn down and gone and all that is left are memories.

I have never bought a ticket or scratch ticket. I was given one once by my boss as a gift and won $200. I quit while I was ahead.

Kleen_TheRowdyDog
Feb 17, 2014

Jezrael posted:

I'm the guy behind you stabbing you with my eyes and sighing passive aggressively
i'm the dude wheezin the juice in the back of the store

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

I buy a ticket for the ones over 10 mill (australia).

but i just get the cheapest one, costs like 7 bucks or something and that's it.

see people going crazy spending 50 bucks on 36 games or some poo poo like that, insane.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

on a rock or something

they should just give little rolls of a single scratch block that either has "monetary amount" or "lose" printed on it, gently caress having to actually scratch everything and check to see if symbols match or whatever

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

counterpoint: keep playing the lottery and paying for me to go to college

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

won $10 today

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

ANIME

What happens if you win a big lottery, take the lump sum, and leave the US never coming back? Do you not have to pay the taxes?

AmazingK
Nov 30, 2013

play the double lottery. if you win the lottery, you then automatically enter a 2nd lottery for double or nothing.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004
I, Racist

Boner Medicine posted:

You shouldn't play the lottery. It is a poor tax as millions of persons in poverty purchase lottery tickets out of desperation or addiction, only to lose time after time and collectively waste billions of dollars in the process. It should be eliminated immediately and any funds lost should be made up by further taxing the rich.

Why not merge both ideas? Make a list of the 1% and whoever gets the lucky number each week gets his property confiscated and his/her entire family executed.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Tax every American 5 extra dollars per year and give the sum to some lucky citizen.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

by XyloJW

Boner Medicine posted:

If you play the lottery you support the oppressive hand of corrupt government unwilling to progressively tax like it should.

Stop buying tickets and scratch offs. Death to pull tabs.

you sound like a guy who will never win 700 million bucks. loser

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

Antifreeze Head posted:

Only play the lottery if your coworkers insist on a pool. If they win, you don't want to be the poor bastard that has to show up when everyone else is a millionaire.

Years ago there was a big mega millions lotto. Was at work and my boss, leaving early and going by the shop, asked if anyone wanted a ticket. After giving him cash i realized how stupid that was.
He buys 2 tickets, if one them actually won it wouldnt be mine would it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011
Tell me to shut the fuck up.

gonna go out and buy a lottery ticket just out of spite

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011
Tell me to shut the fuck up.

satan grant me fortune

Give Pat a Job
Apr 8, 2003

Everything is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.

What has five balls and fucks poor people?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Give Pat a Job posted:

What has five balls and fucks poor people?

A republican playing baseball.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

SirDan3k posted:

A republican playing baseball.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Cats.

I've got $50 CASH AMERICAN in my wallet right now. In fives. Why? 'Cuz I won a scratch-off.

The amazing part is I thought I only won $40 and was amazed when the clerk said I won 50. That's how dumb I am! You know? Because smart people don't play the lottery?

This proves that point I think! Or not!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Welles
Nov 1, 2010

A BIG DISH OF PEAS YOU SAY?!

IMPOSSIBLE. MEANINGLESS.

i purchase a powerball ticket occasionally just for the hell of it

sorry if that makes you irrationally angry op

«3 »